Need ideas-- good food, but suitable for toddlers

MLC2002

Mouseketeer
We have made several ADRs already, pretty much ALL based around what our sons (ages 4 & 2) would like... mostly character meals. (We did this last year also... & while the characters are great, we are looking to eat at least one REALLY TASTY lunch or dinner!)

Now, we would like to book at least one lunch or dinner at a table service restaurant with REALLY great food and NO characters. We will be taking our 2 sons, so we do still need a family-friendly atmosphere... somewhere where we don't get dirty looks if our little boys act like little boys. :) (They are usually well behaved in restaurants, but can get a little noisy... like all kids)

I'm open to ALL suggestions, but especially for ideas outside of EPCOT (where it seems the best restaurants are, of course) as I'm not sure we'll be going there this trip. We are staying at Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary so any resorts we can reach via monorail would be ideal... or even by boat.

THANKS!!

CapeMay Cafe had a pretty good dinner.We ate there with our DD's 3 and 4 at the time,and they loved it.The table cloth is this huge white paper,and they give you crayons to draw with.They enjoyed the mac and cheese,pizza,clam chowder,and the chicken.My wife and I,on the otherhand,enjoyed the clams,mussels,fish,clam chowder etc.... We have 2 dinner ressies for Sept.!!!! Can't wait!:goodvibes

we are staying at BLT too!

Are you looking for not a buffet? For non-buffet, non-signature, how about Kona Cafe or Ohana in the Poly, or the WAve right in the contemporary? Lots of great dining at monorail resorts. If you are interested in signature dining, Narcoosee's isn't as stuffy as some of the options.

Anywhere has a kids menu for the toddlers and most places are really great with "finding" you something else if your kids don't like what's on the kids menu. when all else failed, they usually could get my 3 yo DS an Uncrustable.

I'll suggest Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. That's our 1 not-for-the-kids choice for our upcoming trip. DH and I love love love the food and it's a little loud since Ohana is right next door.

I'm thinking it will be good with the kids.

If it were me I go to Epcot having 5 boys mine loved Coral Reef. Good food & a Giant Aquarium.

I'd second 'Ohana dinner - never been, trying it with my 2 little ones in Sept. Fun games, cool atmosphere, and lots of yummy food.

You could also try Teppan Edo (hibachi place) but it's in Epcot. Or even Le Cellier (also in Epcot) if you do go to Epcot.

I am taking my kids to mostly character meals with the exception of Teppan Edo and 'Ohana dinner.

Took my three little ones to Ohana last year. Very loud and lots of action. They dance with the kids. Food is great!

I recommend the resturant at Port Orleans Riverside (sorry the name has slipped my brain) we took our daughter there at 1 and 2 1/2 and she ate the food fine...you are off of theme park traffic, sit down at a nice resturant and then you can hop the boat to take you to Downtown Disney. Also my daughter both times loved Rain Forest Cafe at Downtown Disney, we havn't ever eaten at the AK

Honestly, almost every restuarant at WDW is suitable for toddlers/children. We have taken our 4yo and 6yo to signature restuarants with no issues. There favorite non character meals are:
Coral Reef (for the fish and lobster bisque-- they LOVE it)
Teppan Edo (they love that the food is prepared in front of them)
Hoop Dee Do Revue

We went to the German Restaurant in Epcot and the food was AWESOME (although buffet) and my 2 year old loved the band. Teppan Edo was also a hit. We went and couldn't get ANY character meals. (Last minute trip) and she was fine everywhere. But those were the top two. I think the German Restaurant was her favorite night!! LOL!

Thanks for all the great ideas! We are a couple of weeks past our 90-day mark, so some of these will be difficult for us to get since we'll be there during a free dining period. But, we'll see what we can get & save the other ideas for next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter