Need ideas for short vacation

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by disneymomoftwins, May 27, 2010.

1. disneymomoftwins

disneymomoftwins disneymomoftwins

We live in central Alabama and have 13 yr old boy/girl twins. We are going to WDW in October so we are going to take a short vacation this summer. We dont really like the beach and have been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 3 or 4 day vacation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dax

Dax Proud to be Emma's Mommy

How bout Atlanta? There is a lot to do there, and you are close to Six Flags and Wild Adventures...

4. teacup princess

teacup princess DIS Veteran

We visited Kentucky's Mammoth Caves over spring break. I was blown away when my kids said they liked it almost as much as Disney (maybe we need to get out more).

5. Piglet843

Piglet843 DIS Veteran

Hey - I'm from northern AL.
    I wish I was as close as you to the gulf - there would be no question where my short vacation would be!! :rotfl:

I was gonna suggest Atlanta too! Lots of fun things to do - for the kiddos and you and DH!!
    Get a hotel next to MARTA and you got the whole city at your fingertips :goodvibes

6. boakl

boakl Mouseketeer

Have you ever tried Callaway Gardens in Pine Mtn, Ga? They have family camps along with biking, a lake, boating, etc.

7. newdrama12

newdrama12 DIS Veteran

8. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

We went to Atlanta over Spring Break. We bought the City Pass and got admission to the aquarium, zoo, Fernbank Natural History Museum and World of Coke. It was a pretty good deal, I thought. We also went to a Braves game. We had a good time and it was fairly reasonable in cost. We stayed at a hotel with an Expedia special rate that had a full breakfast and free parking.

9. disneymomoftwins

disneymomoftwins disneymomoftwins

Atlanta sounds fun. I like the idea about riding Marta instead of driving anywhere. Atlanta traffic really makes me nervous!
    Thanks!!

10. dzneelvr

dzneelvr A Disney Dolly<br><font color=deeppink>Doesn't min

Ask your family for ideas. Sometimes it's nice to do a Stay-cation and go out to the latest showing of movies (there's quite a few great ones out this summer), sleep in, relax, and finally see some of the sites not so very far from home:hug:

11. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

I've always wanted to do a long weekend in Chattanooga.

Lots of nice places in North Georgia, also. We go down every year to Helen GA the first weekend in June for a Hot Air Balloon race. Great town with lots of parks around.

Sheila

12. Priorityonecb

Priorityonecb DIS Veteran

We loved our weekend in Atlanta! We too got the City Pass, a great bargain. My girls loved it there too!