Need ideas for lots of broken crackers!

disneyhand

DIS Veteran
I have almost a full costco package of assorted fancy crackers, that due to mishandling on our end are way to crumbly to serve. I know lots of ways to add some crumbs to the top of my baked dishes, but right now I have a ton of them! Anyone have any recipes to share that are tasty and would use more than a handful of them up? I just can't discard them..........Advice appreciated!
Thanks, Mary

Season them and use them as a coating for baked chicken breasts, like you would use bread crumbs.

Season them and use them as a coating for baked chicken breasts, like you would use bread crumbs.

Yes, this I will definitely do, thanks for the reminder.

Last night I made the most calorie laden artery clogging concoction with some of them. I couldn't find any interesting recipes online so I winged it. Here's what I did:

13x9 pan
thick cracker layer (mixed in some butter)
baked 20 minutes
added a thick layer of: gravy/ sauce mixed with cooked chicken and carrots, sauteed onions and celery
layer of moist mashed potatoes
light layer of gravy/ sauce
light layer of cracker crumbs
put 13x9 on a cookie sheet larger than the pan (in case it overflowed)
baked 45 minutes

It was tasty comfort food and used up a good amount of my crackers. I was going for the chicken pot pie/ shepherd's pie effect. I only used items I already had to make it, I didn't want to go to the store. And what's not to like with any of these ingredients? My husband was at work, so I won't hear his opinion until after dinner tonight. It's just us these days, so this looks like dinners and lunches for a few days.

I still have lots more crumbly crackers if anyone has any other ideas.....

I once made a clam spread that used canned clams and lots of Ritz crackers. Although the recipe asked for buttery crackers, you could use any combination you wanted. It came out kind of like a stuffing/dressing. I did a quick search and could not find it on line. Not sure if it would be a dip or a spread though.

Crush them and mix with some melted butter for the bottom of a cheesecake or for the crust of a pudding pie.

I once made a clam spread that used canned clams and lots of Ritz crackers. Although the recipe asked for buttery crackers, you could use any combination you wanted. It came out kind of like a stuffing/dressing. I did a quick search and could not find it on line. Not sure if it would be a dip or a spread though.

Good point, I can use some in my stuffing on Thanksgiving! Thank you!

Use in a meatloaf in place of breadcrumbs. I actually have only ever used crackers in my meatloaf.

I use cracker crumbs for chicken fried steak. It is the way I grew up having it. Just dip your pounded thin steaks and put in an egg wash then in cracker crumbs and fry. You could do the same thing with the thin sliced chicken breasts I would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter