Need idea for DH's Birthday

ferrytale

Mouseketeer
Because we are going to WDW in September, I don't have a lot of extra $$ to spend on DH's bday in July. We normally have a big BBQ, but don't want to spend too much this year (plus there was an issue with BIL and drinking last time so we don't really want to do a blowout this year). However, DH has been having a rough time the past couple weeks - giving up his nicotine addiction, and really stressed at work, makes DH not a happy man.
I would really like to surprise him with a day trip or fun activity (g rated please! lol) for his bday, but am looking for unique, but inexpensive idea. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions - we are in eastern PA, so within driving distance to Hershey, Poconos, NJ Beaches, Philadelphia, etc.
Thanks all!!!

How about a Phillies game? I hope you can still do this but I called ahead, and set it up for them to come to our seat at some point in the game and they threw confetti, sang happy birthday, put his name on the big screen, and give him a baseball hat. If I remember correctly, it wasn't too expensive. This isn't the cheapest date, but it def. is fun and a traditional summer activity.

If that isn't your speed, how about Dave and Busters and one of the free concerts they have along the waterfront in Philly? There are festivals all summer long along Del Ave.

Have fun planning- hope you have some other great ideas come your way!
Let us know what you pick....

Oh... I just thought of another one... tubing/rafting on the Delaware..In the Poconos, you go to the Del. water Gap and float down the river. You can bring a cooler on the raft. We had a great time with a bunch of people, so you could invite a few freinds, and you also could tube, just the two of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!