Need help with airmiles please

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
We've accumulated a whack of airmiles and now I'd like to book a one way first class ticket to MCO-can I use airmiles? How do I go about finding out how many miles and booking?

You'll have to call the 1-888 # directly and speak with an agent.

I know that you can book one way fares with Aeroplan but don't know with Airmiles.

j

We booked 5 last October and had to pay for 1.

They limit the amount of seats on each flight..so you should book the flight first then the rest of your arrangements.

The craziest part of the booking was that the max had been booked out of Calgary...so they wanted us to go to Edmonton and fly to Calgary arriving somewhere between 8 and 10 pm. Then we were to have a lay over in Calgary..(remember our vehicle would be in Edmonton), so we would have to cab it home and return to the airport for an early flight to Orlando.

We went ahead with this screwy booking and then phoned Westjet and offered to let them have our ticket for resale..asking for no compensation. We just wanted to fly out of Calgary. Westjet was great and told us to...oops..just miss the flight out of Edmonton..and oops...accidently forget to return to Edmonton (customs was in Calgary so we would have our luggage)

We love airmiles and with our big family and huge grocery meals we get quite a few free miles. DH and I are going back to Orlando in ONE MONTH for our 30th Anniversary.

Again Airmiles had a big part in that happening, because we had always thought we would go on a cruise or an island. We realised we had 2 more free tickets and could save money by flying to a jump off point in US to Mexico or Hawaii. So the plan evolved and we are staying 7 days AKL then off to Mexico for 5 days..back to Orlando for our return trip home but with a layover of 5 days at Portofino Bay at Universal. I tell people that we are going to Africa, Mexico and Italy for our 30th.

Personally, I'd get a WestJet Mastercard and plan several trips to MCO (or wherever).

It's only 1400 Airmiles to anywhere in the continental US (that WestJet flies) if you pay $75 CDN per year for a WestJet Mastercard.

mom_rules said:
We've accumulated a whack of airmiles and now I'd like to book a one way first class ticket to MCO-can I use airmiles? How do I go about finding out how many miles and booking?

Call the toll free number on the back of the card.... Don't know about first class. But I do know that you can't do "one way" trips. I've tried.

Airmiles -1-888-247-6453 in Toronto 416-226-5171.

I am using Airmiles for our Dec 22-29/06 trip to Ft Lauderdale. I called in Dec about them. I was told that seats usually were available about 6 months out from the date. Once I noticed WestJet had posted their flights, I called Airmiles, I was told not available. I called about 1 a week. March they had the seats. I was told WestJet has 5 seats per plane and Air Canada has 6. You pay for taxes and( if) you take insurance. If you take insurance with them and have to cancel you get your Airmiles back not if you take insurance with RBC for example.

Call right away, don't wait. I was told sometimes they may add seats if the plane isn't selling. I am sure seats for MCO are full. If you cann't get the dates you want, ask about the day before or after or another city.

I switched to MasterCard - Westjet and the miles are adding up, especially for groceries. You use less Airmiles for WestJet ( max 1,600) than Air Canada.

Do you have to have a west jet matercard to get to use 1600 airmiles? I mean if I have 1600 airmiles but don't have that credit card, can I use my airmiles for that?

Charleyann

Without the Mosaik (mastercard) Card with the westjet option, you would have to use the normal # of airmiles. Check out airmiles.ca to determine the # of miles usually required from your home. All airmiles flights are return and they do not offer first class. The great thing about the Mosaik card, is it is for anywhere westjet flies - Hawaii anyone?

Charleyann - yes, you need the WestJet airmiles card to get flights to MCO for 1400 (1600 in peak season) miles, and it's only on WestJet. It generally STARTS at 3400 miles without the card. It's really quite a deal. I hope it lasts!

The card is about $75 per year, but for me anyway, it more than pays for itself in free flights!

http://bmo.com/mosaik if you're interested...

I have a BOM mosaik wesjet gold card. It is great IF there are seats on westjet. i have tried to book two different flights and there were no seats either time I am back to using regular airmiles......

My trip is in october. what do you think the chances are of them opening more seats on Air canada. Right now the times of flights available don't work for me.....

denimore said:
We booked 5 last October and had to pay for 1.

They limit the amount of seats on each flight..so you should book the flight first then the rest of your arrangements.

The craziest part of the booking was that the max had been booked out of Calgary...so they wanted us to go to Edmonton and fly to Calgary arriving somewhere between 8 and 10 pm. Then we were to have a lay over in Calgary..(remember our vehicle would be in Edmonton), so we would have to cab it home and return to the airport for an early flight to Orlando.

We went ahead with this screwy booking and then phoned Westjet and offered to let them have our ticket for resale..asking for no compensation. We just wanted to fly out of Calgary. Westjet was great and told us to...oops..just miss the flight out of Edmonton..and oops...accidently forget to return to Edmonton (customs was in Calgary so we would have our luggage)

Did this work? We are having a similar 'mess' which Airmiles booking us out of Montreal to Toronto and then to Las Vegas. We would prefer just to fly out of Toronto... but there were 'no seats'. Like you, I just said book it and plan on calling Westjet. Will probably get the same story!

I always thought if you miss the first flight in a connection they just cancel the rest and assume you aren't coming. Is that not right?
Deb

calena said:
I always thought if you miss the first flight in a connection they just cancel the rest and assume you aren't coming. Is that not right?
Deb

We were told this too, but it was Air Canada. I remember dh flying on business to Toronto via Vancouver from Victoria. THe Sat night stayover rule could be completed anywhere en route, so he booked Fri aft to Vancouver then Sun to Vic. As it turned out, I joined him (by ferry) and we got put up at the co's expense for a w/e in Vancouver, still cheaper than the Fri aft flt, but dh still had to use that last leg on Sunday or the co would've been charged. That was a few years ago, but so ridiculous! Anyway, I did find that advice from Westjet very interesting, and very typical of Westjet!

calena said:
Did this work? We are having a similar 'mess' which Airmiles booking us out of Montreal to Toronto and then to Las Vegas. We would prefer just to fly out of Toronto... but there were 'no seats'. Like you, I just said book it and plan on calling Westjet. Will probably get the same story!

Deb

Sorry I haven't been on the boards for the last couple of days...but yes it worked like a charm.

We had no problems because as I said but maybe not clearly enough...you go through customs at your last point of entry..yours being Toronto...on the way into the US and you come back through customs on your 1st point of Entry into Canada//again Toronto. You have to get your luggage to do that ..so you just don't get your connecting flight. You haven't gone for the boarding pass of those flights..so you are not screwing up those flights. They would probably let someone have them as standbys.

Hope that answers your question :)

Hold on a second, are you folks telling me that you can book hotels/airline tickets from either Airmiles directly, or through Mastercard if you have the wesjet mastercard? I thought I could only redeem my airmiles directly with Airmiles ?

The WESTJET Mastercard is also an Airmiles Mastercard. So you still book through Airmiles you just receive more benefits from the WJ MC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter