Need help understanding Pirate Night

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
I kind of understand it, but I'm getting a little confused reading different threads. :joker: This is my first cruise and while I know a ton about WDW, I'm pretty limited on the whole cruise thing. We are cruising on the Magic for a 4 night cruise beginning April 21.

I think I've figured out a lot of stuff, but pirate night is confusing to me. I understand people dress up, there is some kind of party and fireworks. But, what is it about the dining menu? I'm also reading something about a buffet? Is this for dinner or is it after?

Thanks!

The Pirate menu is severed on Pirate night in the location of the dining room which you are scheduled to eat on rotation. This is a special menu only offered that night and unfortunately to us was not good. Lack luster compared to the other menus and simple. Frankly we didn't like the way most of it tasted other than the pot stickers.

After the fireworks there is a buffet that follows at Cabanas, when we stayed last week it started at about 10:45pm. It mainly consisted of desserts, turkey legs, loaded baked potatoes, and taco bars.

After dinner, everyone gathers on the pool deck for the party, there is music and dancing and characters, followed by fireworks. After all of that, there is the buffet.

After dinner, everyone gathers on the pool deck for the party, there is music and dancing and characters, followed by fireworks. After all of that, there is the buffet.

This varies a little from the classics to the newer ships.

On the classics, the pirate party/show is after the late dinner seating followed by the fireworks and the buffet.

On the newer ships, there is a family-friendly (Disney characters) pirate show between the two dinner seatings, and a more adult oriented (Jack Sparrow type pirates) show after the late dinner seating, followed by the fireworks and then the buffet.

Also the special menu is only used on cruises 4 nights and longer. If you are on a 3 night cruise you will not have the pirate night menu

How do the pirate festivities work with the regular evening show? Do they clash and we will have to choose?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The pirate party IS the evening show.

Actually the pirate party starts after the show in the theater. On a 3-night it is the regular production show, but on longer cruises it is usually a first-run movie. That is going on during late dinner seating, so they have to schedule it between meals/shows to allow guests to attend.

Actually the pirate party starts after the show in the theater. On a 3-night it is the regular production show, but on longer cruises it is usually a first-run movie. That is going on during late dinner seating, so they have to schedule it between meals/shows to allow guests to attend.

Thanks for the clarification. We haven't done a 3-nighter, so we're accustomed to DCL just showing a movie in the theatre instead of a big production show on Pirate Night.

I think I've figured out a lot of stuff, but pirate night is confusing to me. I understand people dress up, there is some kind of party and fireworks. But, what is it about the dining menu?

Yup - you pretty much have it. People make a lot out of pirate night but that's really what its all about. Many of us don't care for the pirate night menu in the MDR (just not inspiring/as good as the regular menus). That's why you see comments about the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter