Need HELP... Ticket voucher has wrong travel dates

Kinnick23

Earning My Ears
I've found myself in a bad spot and hoping someone has a magic wand. I purchased 5 day for 3 day price tickets through Expedia. I did not realize I needed to specify my travel dates for the vouchers. The site had dates filled in and never prompted me to put them in. My travel dates are Jan 13 th to the 17th. My ticket vouchers are the 18th to te 25th and says is only valid to be redeemed those dates. I phoned Expedia. What a waste!! Was told too bad I would have to purchase different tickets. $1300!!! My reservation for stay is at Disney and booked through Disney, I spoke to them and they have not said that I'm SOL but I'm feeling they may as well. I'm suppose to call again tomorrow to another area that was currently closed. Any insight or assistance would be helpful.

I've found myself in a bad spot and hoping someone has a magic wand. I purchased 5 day for 3 day price tickets through Expedia. I did not realize I needed to specify my travel dates for the vouchers. The site had dates filled in and never prompted me to put them in. My travel dates are Jan 13 th to the 17th. My ticket vouchers are the 18th to te 25th and says is only valid to be redeemed those dates. I phoned Expedia. What a waste!! Was told too bad I would have to purchase different tickets. $1300!!! My reservation for stay is at Disney and booked through Disney, I spoke to them and they have not said that I'm SOL but I'm feeling they may as well. I'm suppose to call again tomorrow to another area that was currently closed. Any insight or assistance would be helpful.
I don't see where Disney has a dog in this fight. Your issue is with Expedia. When I just went on their site, I *DID* have to put in travel dates for the 5 for three deal. I'm not sure how you didn't. Expedia also says there is no refund or exchanges.

As far as what you can do now, I'd give Expedia one more call (play CSR roulette) and see if they'll exchange the vouchers. If they won't contact your credit card company, tell them what you received isn't what you ordered (look at your receipt and make sure the dates aren't listed).

1. Definitely not Disney's Problem.

2. If this was a purchase of park tickets only (and not any sort of package) you still should be able to get the tickets at Disney even though outside of Expedia's date range.

I did not select my dates the Expedia site automatically generated dates and my mistake was not noticing prior to purchasing. I phoned Expedia immediately upon purchasing. It was seriously a minute between. Expedia said they,"can't " make changes as Disney won't allow. That is why I have been trying to talk to Disney. I phoned the contact I was to call today at Disney and was told... Expedia needs to make the change. They do have the ability to do so and are just being difficult. She told me Disney doesn't even get confirmation or access to the reservation until 2 days prior to the date of the voucher which means even if I tried to fix it there, we would have no help. She suggested I phone them again. So I have Expedia directing me to Disney and vice versa. I am going to call Expedia again but I called the CC to stop payment this morning as this just occurred last night. As of current it's going to cost me $30 to stop payment and I am hoping this will help resolve it. I'm hoping this doesn't cause more problems!

I did not select my dates the Expedia site automatically generated dates and my mistake was not noticing prior to purchasing. I phoned Expedia immediately upon purchasing. It was seriously a minute between. Expedia said they,"can't " make changes as Disney won't allow. That is why I have been trying to talk to Disney. I phoned the contact I was to call today at Disney and was told... Expedia needs to make the change. They do have the ability to do so and are just being difficult. She told me Disney doesn't even get confirmation or access to the reservation until 2 days prior to the date of the voucher which means even if I tried to fix it there, we would have no help. She suggested I phone them again. So I have Expedia directing me to Disney and vice versa. I am going to call Expedia again but I called the CC to stop payment this morning as this just occurred last night. As of current it's going to cost me $30 to stop payment and I am hoping this will help resolve it. I'm hoping this doesn't cause more problems!
As I suggested, call Expedia again. Admit this was your fault for not noticing the dates, but the voucher dates won't work for you. Hopefully the CSR will know how to change the dates. It might not be possible though. You may have to suck up the $30 stop payment fee.

1. Definitely not Disney's Problem.

2. If this was a purchase of park tickets only (and not any sort of package) you still should be able to get the tickets at Disney even though outside of Expedia's date range.
Cheshire, you're the expert here. I see it as a $1300 gamble. If she brings the vouchers to Disney and tries to use them on the wrong dates, are you comfortable they'll still work?

I once booked a Disney resort through Expedia. When I got to WDW, I was given the wrong room type. I had booked club level through Expdia but WDW had it in their system as a regular room. No amount of arguing or documentation that I had on me helped with Disney. My options were to pay the difference to upgrade to club level or accept the accommodations that Expedia had sent to Disney. Although the Disney CMs were very nice, including the manager I requested, there was nothing they could do.

So I paid the difference to upgrade to club level and then I dealt with Expedia after I got home.

Lesson learned on booking through a 3rd party.

OP, if Expedia won't help you, I wouldn't show up at WDW unless you are okay with paying rack rate for the nights you really want.

I once booked a Disney resort through Expedia. When I got to WDW, I was given the wrong room type. I had booked club level through Expdia but WDW had it in their system as a regular room. No amount of arguing or documentation that I had on me helped with Disney. My options were to pay the difference to upgrade to club level or accept the accommodations that Expedia had sent to Disney. Although the Disney CMs were very nice, including the manager I requested, there was nothing they could do.

So I paid the difference to upgrade to club level and then I dealt with Expedia after I got home.

Lesson learned on booking through a 3rd party.

OP, if Expedia won't help you, I wouldn't show up at WDW unless you are okay with paying rack rate for the nights you really want.
According to the OP, she booked the rooms through Disney, just got park tickets through Expedia.

Correct. My room was booked through Disney. Just park tickets from Expedia. I have made contact with someone that is referring my complaint to tier 1 customer service which is apparently Expedia's highest level. Said they would review it and get in contact with me regarding their decision. I've also filed a complaint with BBB on Expedia. We leave next weekend. Hope we're not sitting in a hotel at Disney World with the ability to get tickets the day after we go home. :-(. Keep you posted...

Correct. My room was booked through Disney. Just park tickets from Expedia. I have made contact with someone that is referring my complaint to tier 1 customer service which is apparently Expedia's highest level. Said they would review it and get in contact with me regarding their decision. I've also filed a complaint with BBB on Expedia. We leave next weekend. Hope we're not sitting in a hotel at Disney World with the ability to get tickets the day after we go home. :-(. Keep you posted...

You wouldn't seriously go all that way and check into the hotel only to sit in your room and not buy usable tickets, would you?:confused3

Where can you buy just park tix at Expedia? I am looking now and do not see the option.

I hope someone will surely help you. I guess I would think they might not IF the dates you wanted were not valid dates for this deal but I would hope someone would help you switch. You must be very careful and check and recheck everything...

I should know.

Last week I purchased 2 DVC PAPs and purchased the child's ticket instead of the adult ones. Same price but wrong tickets.

I immediately PMed Cheshire Figment for info on IF I could be helped. She replied and was so informative! Anyway, I emailed Disney and they fixed it for me and I pick up my tickets on Friday! :)

I wish you luck. Let's hope for good news and a wonderful update!

I've also filed a complaint with BBB on Expedia.

Why are you blaming Expedia? You said yourself in your first post that you didn't realize you had to specify your travel dates. :confused3

Why are you blaming Expedia? You said yourself in your first post that you didn't realize you had to specify your travel dates. :confused3

Poor customer service? A bad practice of pre-filling dates? Expedia should have fixed this before it ever became a gripe on a message board.

Poor customer service? A bad practice of pre-filling dates? Expedia should have fixed this before it ever became a gripe on a message board.

Every travel site I visit -- and that includes Disney, as well as American Airlines, Hilton, Travelocity, and many others -- has prefilled dates. It's the industry standard. Most people know to plug in their own dates.

Every travel site I visit -- and that includes Disney, as well as American Airlines, Hilton, Travelocity, and many others -- has prefilled dates. It's the industry standard. Most people know to plug in their own dates.

For park tickets? That's not exactly expected. Plus, the OP noticed and called to fix this right away. Basically, Expedia isn't willing to fix a "typo" in a reservation that was noticed a minute later. That's extremely crappy customer service, and the type of issue that could make customers leery of using them.

For park tickets? That's not exactly expected. Plus, the OP noticed and called to fix this right away. Basically, Expedia isn't willing to fix a "typo" in a reservation that was noticed a minute later. That's extremely crappy customer service, and the type of issue that could make customers leery of using them.

While I agree that dates may not be expected for park tickets, they are listed right where you click to check the price. It's not exactly hidden or way up top or below. Whenever I book anything on Expedia I double and triple check everything listed because generally once you click purchase, you've bought it. My friend had to buy plane tickets twice once, he had the wrong month listed and was out of luck afterward.

I do hope they help him out though with these park tickets, it seems like this shouldn't be as difficult to change as plane tickets. :confused3

Have you tried using the site? It's not exactly easy to miss the dates. I agree the fault lies more with the OP than Expedia.

I have looked at the site even more closely. There are 2 advertisements to click on for their special on DW tickets. The first is toward the top and if you click on that one and scroll to the bottom the date selection is clearly there.

The link I was using was toward the bottom of the page

I attempted to post both links but since I have less than 10 posts on this site , it's not allowed.

It is not as clear. The eye is drawn to to green writing and once selecting at the bottom where the other page clearly has a date selection, it is not there. And my eye was drawn to expires March 31st.
So although it may be there it is not as clearly marked and obvious as the first link I posted. And if you move on to the next page it again draws the eye to the green bold type of the 5 day special. I am saying the site was not set up as nicely as the first I posted in this link and had I clicked on that I wouldn't even be in this position. I originally posted here as this is where the "experts" are and thought someone may have some knowledge about this. I didn't come here for people to say I did it wrong. I see it's there now. But I also feel I wasn't prompted to select any dates to begin with and as you "experts" are aware or would think you would be, if I had purchased tickets through more commonly used Undercover Tourist Or the Disney site itself, there are no dates to select A ticket is a ticket on those sites. I wasn't aware Expedia was different and don't feel the site was user friendly in prompting me to.

I also posted here to help others in the future that may run into the same problem. I appreciate all who have tried to help with suggestions to fix the problem so that I may use the tickets. Thank You.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter