need help selecting resort/hotel for wine & dine

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by bouncy1920, May 8, 2014.

1. bouncy1920

bouncy1920 Earning My Ears

Ok. My friend and I are traveling for the Wine & Dine half marathon. 2 adults, no kids. We are looking for a nice hotel to stay in, one that is not so kid themed and less likely to have a bunch a kids running around. We realize it is Disney, but still...

I have a reservation for the Polynesian, but then I started seeing reviews about reconstruction at the resort. The Contemporary is sold out (at least for the rooms I'm willing to pay for). I noticed that Coronado Springs has a business class for about the same price as the Polynesian lagoon view I have reserved. Does Business Class Coronado = Polynesian under construction?

Any help would be appreciated. I have stayed at Pop Century and Music before with family and have been fine. However, my friend likes a few more of the finer things in life. Since Disney can cater to all tastes, I'm trying to find the right fit for everyone.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

BWI is perfect for 2 adults if your budget fits!

4. bouncy1920

dagnabit. More options, more problems.

From what I'm reading, that does sound like a good option....

(first I had to do some research to find out what BWI meant)

5. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

Sorry for the acronym!

DH and I stayed at BWI our first trip pre-kids and we loved it. Its lovely. The quiet pools are so nice.
    Plus super easy access to Epcot and DHS.
    It is my favorite.

6. Dsnygrl1205

Dsnygrl1205 DIS Veteran

Any of the Epcot resorts are perfect. You'll be able to walk back to your resort instead of taking a bus after the race. :thumbsup2

7. Judyfun

Judyfun Mouseketeer

We have stayed at the BWI for the last 3 Wine and Dine, last year I made an extra 'girls' trip and stayed at AKL. The bus ride at the end of the night was terrible. Going back to BWI in October.

I do love the AKL, just not when I am enjoying the Food and Wine event

8. bouncy1920

THANKS EVERYONE! Your recommendations have certainly helped as I don't know what I don't know.

I switched my reservation from Poly to BWI. I went from Poly Lagoon view to BWI garden/club level and saved a few dollars. I think this will be a great fit for the event and for our personalities.

Again, thanks so much.

:thumbsup2