Need help, how I can use the online dining rezzie website?

TheDisneyingNewfie

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone can straighten me out. I know the title looks like it should be in the restaurant section, but I think this is a problem with the resort reservations website.

Here's the background. In March-ish, I booked a 10 day trip into POR with DDP. It was already into the 180 days for my trip so we quickly did dining reservations and I'm quite sure that they were tied to my resort reservation.

As I remember it, the dining reservation website could find my resort reservation, but the "My Disney Vacation" did not (and still doesn't).

Things seem to have changed on the dining website since I booked in. I could pull up previously made dining reservations to check on them or cancel them. Now I cannot. The only option seems to be the "retrieve package/room reservation" option. But that option takes me to the "My Disney Vacation" option that doesn't work. The lookup always fails. I've tried lots of variations to try to get it right.

I have a print out of the email that Disney sent my travel agent on WDW letterhead with what looks like a WDW confirmation number. The Confirmation starts with an 8. When I called up the Reservation line, they immediately shut me down and said that they cannot help me because it's a travel agent booking and they know it is because it starts with an 8.

Now, I'm 95% sure it worked on the dining reservation website before. But that option appears gone. So what's the deal? If you book through a travel agent, you cannot maintain your dining reservations through the website?

What I'm going to try is visiting the travel agent. The Disney reservation person said they'd know what to do. But that doesn't really make sense to me...

I'm pretty sure that my reservations are intact because we got the dining reservation person to check a couple, but I'm nervous and would like to review and maybe make changes.

thanks for any help. :goodvibes

ok go to the disney site and sign in then put your cursor over the my vacation . the pull down tab will appear with dining reservations on the bottom click on that. you will be able to retrieve the reservations if you have the confirmation number and the phone number you gave them. Hope it helps.

That's the page I'm having troubles with. The page has a "My reservations" heading, a "Package / Room Reservations" section, and a "Dining Reservations" section.

The "Dining" reservations section simply says " ! You do not have any dining reservations" And a link to "Book a dining reservation now".

The "Package / Room reservations" section has a few options (book a package, retrieve package, online check in).

I don't see how I can pull up my dining reservations. Except maybe by going through the "retrieve package" link in the "Package / room reservations" section. But that retrieve always fails.

Sorry if this is sounding dumb, I just don't get it. I know it used to work...

On the disney website home page, their will be "my disney vacation" icon. DO NOT click this icon. Just hover your mouse over it. A menu list will pop up. At the bottom of this list is "Dining Reservations". Point and click this option. Then it should take you to a screen that says "my reservations". You DO have to know the exact phone number and last name the reservations were made with in order to pull up your reservations.

Hope this helps:)

Are you actually clicking on My Disney Vacation from the Disney Parks home page? You do NOT want to do that. Rather hold the mouse over My Disney Vacation and a drop down menu appears -- at the bottom of that is Dining Reservations. Click that and page that comes up for me only has Retrieve Dining Reservations with two boxes to fill out -- confirmation number and phone number. Good luck!

They are moving the site all around, some people have the "new" version while others are still seeing the old version. Since I have the old version still, I can't really say. I do know that over on the dining boards, people are having trouble pulling up their ADRs too if they weren't linked to the current log in.

Only thing I can say is wait and give it a few days for the website to settle down.

I was indeed only hovering over the "My Disney Vacation" link and using the Dining Reservation link from that pop up menu. But, there was no place to put the reservations numbers or phone number. I do have all that information safely stored in email and printed out.

However, this morning, I tried it again after looking at the latest comments to this thread. The website is completely different again. There is a place to put a a confirmation number and phone number. But the website is completely screwy. It looks like it's missing a bunch of style information and nearing the bottom there's a section that says my session is about to time out (and I just logged in) and then another section that says I have timed out.

So, I think I need to take Cafeen's suggestion and wait for things to settle down. :goodvibes

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone can straighten me out. I know the title looks like it should be in the restaurant section, but I think this is a problem with the resort reservations website.

Here's the background. In March-ish, I booked a 10 day trip into POR with DDP. It was already into the 180 days for my trip so we quickly did dining reservations and I'm quite sure that they were tied to my resort reservation.

As I remember it, the dining reservation website could find my resort reservation, but the "My Disney Vacation" did not (and still doesn't).

Things seem to have changed on the dining website since I booked in. I could pull up previously made dining reservations to check on them or cancel them. Now I cannot. The only option seems to be the "retrieve package/room reservation" option. But that option takes me to the "My Disney Vacation" option that doesn't work. The lookup always fails. I've tried lots of variations to try to get it right.

I have a print out of the email that Disney sent my travel agent on WDW letterhead with what looks like a WDW confirmation number. The Confirmation starts with an 8. When I called up the Reservation line, they immediately shut me down and said that they cannot help me because it's a travel agent booking and they know it is because it starts with an 8.

Now, I'm 95% sure it worked on the dining reservation website before. But that option appears gone. So what's the deal? If you book through a travel agent, you cannot maintain your dining reservations through the website?

What I'm going to try is visiting the travel agent. The Disney reservation person said they'd know what to do. But that doesn't really make sense to me...

I'm pretty sure that my reservations are intact because we got the dining reservation person to check a couple, but I'm nervous and would like to review and maybe make changes.

thanks for any help. :goodvibes

You can always call them and ask them to double check on your reservations you believe you made.

I just had to call and ask them to check mine for me. Even though mine wasn't showing they had no problem finding mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter