Need Help for Our Disney Movie Night

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by floridascgirl, Jan 17, 2010.

1. floridascgirl

floridascgirl DIS Veteran

We are planning on watching The Swiss Family Robinson tomorrow night. Since I've never seen it, I'm struggling with our menu. Any ideas for a meal that might tie in with the movie??? :confused3

2. floridascgirl

3. cheshireqt

cheshireqt DIS Veteran

Probably too late to be much help, but maybe toasted ham/or turkey and swiss cheese sandwiches on sub rolls with soup? It is cold here in Northern Virginia today, so anything hot sounds good to me!
    Did you already do the movie night on 22nd?

4. floridascgirl

Thanks for your idea. I also posted on the Restaurant Board and got a lot of responses last weekend. We actually postponed it to this weekend (Sunday night) because we ended up having weekend guests last week. I went online and found some recipes from Papua, New Guinea which seemed to fit the theme. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do either Curried fish or shrimp, coconut rice and greens. Today I'm gathering some items for a tropical table setting and I'm printing up a menu to go with our dinner.

Since our next family trip is so far away, I have to have my Disney movie nights to keep the blues away! :wizard: