Need help finding some decent counter stlye dining places!

Diz-Mommy

DIS Veteran
Help!! We need to make our 90 day reservations on Saturday the 3rd and we need help finding some counter style dining places to fill in our gaps with our dining plan. We will be down in WDW for a week in December and are having a hard time finding decent counter style places. We are already going to visit the Pepper Market and the Riverside Mill.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have for us!

:earsboy: :flower: Try Flame Tree BBQ or Tusker House both are good.At MK we always love a great hot dog from Casey's,at MGM we like to get a slice of pizza and some fresh fruit for a snack,at Epcot we love the Nacho's Bell Grande at CS in Mexico. :goodvibes

There are decent counter service meals throughout WDW, but they do not require ADR's. The only restaurants that require ADR's are those that are considered table service. If you look on the official WDW website you can find which restaurants are the particular types (counter service, table service, snack). However, I think good counter service meals include:

MK--Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House, and Pecos Bills
Epcot--Electric Umbrella and Liberty Inn
MGM--Starring Rolls Bakery, Back Lot Express
AK--Flame Tree BBQ

There are some others, but these are the one's I tried most recently and weren't disappointed with.

Some of the counter service we enjoyed;
Tusker House in Animal Kingdom (my husband LOVED the salmon and the rotisserie chicken is really good)
Casey's Hot Dogs in Magic Kingdom
Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in Epcot (same building as Soarin) lots of choices and really good, healthy food.

Flame Tree and Tusker House at AK
Peco Bills and Cosmic Rays at MK
Haven't found good counter serve at MGM
Yakatori in Japan at Epcot
Those are our favorites!!!

If paying cash, I do not think there is a better value than Earl of Sandwich. But I think Trails End(considered TS) is a close second.

but I liked the ABC Commissary at MGM. I liked the choices of different foods because we aren't exactly huge cheeseburger with fries fans. The hummus wrap was tasty and the black bean salad served along with it has a lot of flavor. The stir fry noodles seemed fairly healthy too.
I do not like the mexican counter food at Epcot, the nachos are made with tostito type chips with cheese sauce. The margaritas, however, are yummy!

Tusker House also has a very good breakfast and remember most counter service meals are large enough to share. This gives you more credits so that you can usually work in both your breakfast and lunch on the dining plan. We did this and never paid for a single meal and had more than enough to eat.

we like tusker house , thought the pizza at pizzafari was fine, pizza at WGPucks' express was excellent ( pizza is such a regional thing but we really liked it), enjoyed the bratwurst at Sommerset , fish and chips at english carry out( forget the name). Tangerine Cafe is great,pop century food court was good with some different choices( and reasonable), casey's at mk is good, haven't found agood one yet at mgm but the newish commisary menu looks good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter