Need help deciding..

wideeyes

<font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st
Going to book DLP for January I can't make my mind up between 3 nights at HNY or 4 nights at a cheaper hotel,:confused3. As it's January thinking 3 days may be enough with the cold and it will be nice being near the Disney Village and nearer to the parks. However if I go the the Cheyenne, we could stay longer for less?

Opinions please:goodvibes

I know that Cheyenne has a lot of fans on here, but I would go for the HNY. In January it should be quiet enough that you will get on/see everything in 4 days and, as you mentioned, that may be long enough in the cold. Also the Park will close early (probably 7 o'clock) so there is the option of swimming if you stay in HNY. Can I also add ~~~~~~hot breakfasts~~~~~~:rotfl:

I think I would go for NY as well. You can get up early, go in for EMH then back to the hotel for a nice big hot breakfast to warm up before heading back again.

You can be back in your hotel within minutes from the village as well. It is also all inside whereas in Cheyenne you will have to go outside to the resaturant/bar/shops/reception etc

As you know Claire i love the Cheyenne but i think i would book the HNY aswell, only because of weather wise. Otherwise if January was a warmer month i would of booked the Cheyenne :)

i would say def go for the extra day, its a holiday after all! an extra day away from normal day to day life, waking up somewhere new, etc etc, for me and extra day would be worth it!!

i would say wait a while till they bring out some new offers and you might be able to get the hny and an extra day lol

I'd go for NY too.......we all love it. :thumbsup2

As others have said, you're nearer the village and parks, it's close enough to go for EMH and then back to the hotel for breakfast. And compared to the Cheyene, it all being inside, when it's cold can only be a bonus.

You'll also benefit from much bigger rooms, and you'll probably spend a bit longer there as it will be cold.

The only on-site hotel I've stayed in was HNY and it was alright. I wouldn't say it was anything special, but the proximity to the parks is a big bonus :thumbsup2 Plus hot breakfast in cold weather is always good ;)

NY!!! closer to the park in winter and besides the usual cold breakfast, hot brekkie consists of sausages, bacon, scarmbled eggs and potatoes..and u might get lucky and also get an upgrade ;-)

As its jan id def go with ny, we stayed in the cheyenne in june and luved it but wouldnt stay der in winter not after staying in the sante fe jan dis yr its just a little to far in the frezzing weather. Also think 4 nights is too long for the winter months , we said we would only stay over 3 nights again if we went in july/august thats just me doe i hate the cold:sad2:. We are looking at going early jan again if it were just myself and my girls id def book the dlh but my cousin is coming too and i know his mum wont pay dlh prices so were hoping to get a deal and stay at the ny or else the seqouia.

Thanks all:), seems most of you were thinking the same as me about the HNY been better with the cold. I have stayed at both hotel before during cold months, just thinking am I mad paying more for a shorter stay. I would go for the DLH but I just can't bring myself to pay that much anymore.

As it's bound to be both cold and quiet in January, my vote would also be for the Hotel New York. :)

Forgot that we are going for my birthday so it definitely has to be HNY I think, need a birthday glass of champagne at the bar.:thumbsup2

Forgot that we are going for my birthday so it definitely has to be HNY I think, need a birthday glass of champagne at the bar.:thumbsup2

Personally I would nearly always choose the HNY as I love the hotel. The parks will be quieter so you will be able to get loads done in the shorter time. Also a nice hotel to celebrate your birthday:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!