• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help deciding on which resort to stay at?

caroline1851

DIS Veteran
I'm going 9/08. Pop or CSR? It'll be me, dh, ds6 and ds2.
Is there a huge difference with the pools? How about the food court? Also, my main concern is transportation. Is there a difference?
I've stayed at CSR before and loved it (this was before kids), but obviiously love the idea of staying at Pop and saving about $500.

what do you think? thanks

I've not stayed at Pop, although I've toured the resort and been in a few guest rooms - great food court with tie dye cheesecake! I did stay at CSR earlier this year for the first time while on business (Disney business is great!) and it has an amazing pool and several quiet pools and a really great food court. What I didn't like was the single sink set up in the rooms, but I wasn't with my family so it didn't make a big deal on that trip - and Pop also has single sinks.

I can't comment on transportation at either as Disney had private motor coaches for my group and I also had a rental vehicle for after hours, but I've heard nothing but great things about CSR transportation.

I'd go with CSR.:)

Both Pop and CSR have their own buses (no resort sharing). Pop has their bus stops centrally located by the lobby, CSR has four bus stops around the perimeter of the resort.

There are a lot of differences between the two, not just because one is a value and the other a mod, but because CSR has some amenities that the other mods don't have, like an expanded room service menu, fitness center, salon, etc. So you when you add in the regular mod amenities, like a table service restaurant, hot tub, themed pool with slide, etc., CSR is a very appealing choice. However, some people don't like staying at a convention resort and seeing people in business attire while they're on vacation, so that's something to consider too. Pop is bright, cheerful, and sometimes over the top in a way that really appeals to kids.

Pop is not a bad choice, so if you want the extra savings for other things, Pop is fine. If you plan on using some of the amenities that CSR offers that Pop doesn't, I would go with CSR. I don't think you can really go wrong with either one.

I like CSR because it is a convention hotel!! There are less kid groups, so it is usually less noisy than POP and the pool is fantastic! Bus service is great, Food Court is also very good.

I think you would like it very much!

I have stayed at Pop, but not CSR. I would go for CSR because Pop had extremely long waits for extremely crowded buses. We stayed there when my son was 3 (almost 4) years old and it was so hard to wait for buses with a very impatient and active little guy. CSR has gotta be better than that!!!

We've done both with kids and have to say that Pop was better for us. The kids loved the huge icons, we spent a day just walking around the grounds taking pictures and looking at them. We went in Oct., so crowds were minimal and we had little or no wait at food court or bus stop. We didn't really notice it being noisy, but for whatever reason, when the kids are with us we usually don't notice that as much as when we are without them. Keep in mind too that we aren't "commando" parents. We take our time, don't mind waiting, and just see what we can comfortably. (We learned a long time ago that it's better to have slightly tired kids who didn't see EVERYTHING, than worn out grumpy kids who saw it all but hated it because they were too tired to enjoy it. We are also fortunate enough to be able to go yearly, so our only "have-to" sees are the things that may not be around another year.) We also liked the different pools. DD and I loved the hippy dippy pool, while DH and DS always went for the computer pool. The only thing that I was unhappy about was the preferred view location we were assigned. Our view was a construction area that was basically just mud, no buildings yet (2004). My disappointment quickly faded because we were able to see fireworks from our balcony every night!

We just got back from POP and think it is a great resort! They have nice pools, and the food court is convienent.:) If you want to be near pools, the 70's section is close to both the Hippy Dippy pool and the Computer pool. Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter