Need Help Connvincing Dh Please

Just had a call from DVC guide - spoke to him myself as DH busy with baby's dirty nappy, which rather defeated the object as I was already convinced.

Just one question though, the DVC guide seemed to think that there is a price rise imminent, he said that there are usually two a year. Is this true? If not I would be rather annoyed if he was deliberately trying to mislead me in order to exert pressure to buy. I am really not that gullible.

He is going to fed ex a package of info to us but DH has AGREED
that providing there is nothing nasty lurking in the small print when we receive it we can go ahead immediately.

How about that then?

So excited. Can't believe he agreed.

Thanks all three for your advice

Oh wow!!! congratulations Mary!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Which resort are you buying at?

Don't know on the price increase front I'm afraid as I'm still a newbie myself, we bought last August and there has been one price increase since then (went from $80 - $84 a point I think)

Thanks Jo

BCV is where we want to buy. Stormalong bay is a very big draw and also the proximity to Epcot.

Off to Wales tomorrow for my daughter's graduation and hopefully when we get home on Saturday our package will have arrived, DH can be reassured by what he reads and we can put the deposit down beginning of next week.

How long does it take after that?

Think I'll change my name to So Excited!!!

Congratulations. Very pleased for you that your DH now seems happy with it all. I think as long as you can afford to go ahead with it, it will be a great purchase for you - particularly as you've got a small child/children. My big incentive for buying was watching the package prices rise and wondering how much I would have to fork out in the future for me, DH, DD and impending D? to squash into one room at the All Stars, or a moderate if we were lucky. I love going on holiday to cottages and houses for the freedom it gives you over a hotel, especially with children, and to have accomodation like that in WDW is the icing on the cake. I haven't even stayed at a DVC resort yet - just used some points at DLP. But just knowing I'm a DVC member, the excitement hasn't worn off since I joined over a year ago!! :D

Sorry Vernon - all your points were extremely valid and sensible. But you have to admit, buying those first points is a wonderful feeling. :D

Hello all - hope its ok to weigh in...my dh and I just took the plunge into DVC 2weeks ago...at the time all that was left was June UY at BCV...we bought 160pts, and did not use Magical Beginnings. That means we now have our 03 points, to use on a reservation, or up until November, we can bank all 160 points to use towards a future vacation in 04. (HA, no chance of that happening - I booked airfare last week for January!) You can do resale, or go on the Waitlist at DVC with your guide to buy into a resort. We decided to buy at BCV now, through Disney, just because it was more convenient for us. If you buy a resale through a resale agent, you may or may not get through the "Right of First Refusal" from Disney. This means they could look at the contract you want to buy, and buy it back themselves. Apparently, this process could take up to 3 months. I figured if DH was willing to jump, I had to strike while the iron was hot!:p Gosh, that sounds manipulative, doesn't it? Although I think now he's more excited than I am! Good luck with any decision you make...ENJOY!

Not manipulative at all. Exactly the tactics I used. We bought 175 points BCV with MB. June use year. We didnt need points for this year as our trip at the end of the month is all bought and paid for.

Can't wait until next year though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!