Need help/advice on possible DVC purchase

ny'er

PLAY BALL!!!!
Ok it seems to be a no brainer that we will 'probably' make a purchase this year.
We tend to go every 2 years.

We took the tour of OKW many years ago and are still kicking ourselves for not having bought then because it would have been paid off by now. We were on our honeymoon and had just bought a house so you know we had no extra money.

We are going down in November and will be staying at WL for a week and are intrsted in DVC there.

Anyone purchase there yet?
Any other advice would be great

If you liked OKW alot then I would suggest contacting a resale broker since OKW and BWV are sold out resorts. As for VWL I have not seen the new units but most people are giving them a positive plug.

If you have not contacted anyone at disney regarding VWL you may want to get the video and information package prior to your visit so that you can be a little more prepared going into the tour and have listed all the questions you might have. During the tour you are trying to process so much and you forget to ask questions.
May I suggest you contact Bruce Douglas at Disney 800-827-0457. We bought through Bruce and he is very low key, professional and fun to talk with.

Good luck with your decision

Ed Trybulski
DVC 1994

If you liked OKW, you would need to buy a resale to get that now. We hemmed and hawed for about 5 years, and kicked ourselves too. Now we own 380 points at OKW in 2 contracts. We have had 4+ years of DVC fun and wish we would have done it so much sooner. You really need to know where it is you will most want to stay and buy there. OKW is the quieter, townhome style with large units that take fewer points. BWV is hotel type setting and has all the activity of the Boardwalk, plus it is close to Epcot and MGM and you can walk to both resorts from there. The units are significantly smaller though. VWL is the same size and type units as BWV, but has boat access to MK. Each DVC has it's own charm, and most of us are passionate about our own resort. You will hear all kinds of preferances here. Take the good and bad information from each and make the decision of where you want to be most before you buy, since that is where you will have the 11 month booking window.

As I said, we own at OKW because we like the townhouse style accomodations as opposed to the hotel style. We also like the larger units and point charges. Many don't like the buses, but we have never minded it. We also like being close to DTD and often walk or take the pontoon ride there. If you decided on BWV or OKW, you will need to do resale. Check out Timeshare store at the top of the page. :)

Disneydiane

You're really gonna kick yourselves when you see that points now cost $72.00 each instead of the $62.00 when you looked.

ô

Yes the prices go up, they went up from $62 to $67 while I was considering my purchase. There are ways to cut this down slightly. Buy a resale or use the magical beginnings program that allows you to sell back 1/2 your points up to $2000.
If you are really enthused about DVC
you really should consider 1st where you will be happiest in terms of resorts. A $5 point increase on a 240 point contract equals $1200. I don't know about you but I will probably waste $1200 on soft drinks over the next 41 years. Point cost is an issue, but only part of the big picture.

If you are planning on spending a week in November at the Wilderness Lodge you should think real hard about buying into DVC at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (VWL). Why spend a couple of thousand dollars for that reservation when you can use DVC points at VWL. Call DVC and get the info. Buy before you go down in November and then use your points to stay there.

Dumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter