Need good restaurant suggestions for Vegas

LadyyRedd

<font color=red>Someone stole my toothpaste/Chapst
We bought tickets to shows. One is a 7:00pm and one is a 9:30pm (on different nights). We want to pick out some good/fun restaurants for dinner those nights. It's my sis and I and we are both pretty adventurous with trying new things, so no limits on what kind of restaurant. Nothing that is going to cost us hundreds of dollars, but we don't need taco bell cheap either. Any suggestions?

Kimya

Couple questions:

Where are the shows?

Do you have a car, and are you willing to drive off strip?

Mystere and O.

We haven't decided about a car yet. Well, we are going to the Grand Canyon the last few days of the trip, so we'll have a car for that, but we haven't decided about the first part of the trip. That'll depend on what we plan to do. Most likely we will because there are some sightseeing things we want to do.

Kimya

Let me recommend Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba in the Fashion Show Mall (next door to TI) on the night you go to Mystere. Great tapas and sangria type of place. I love tapas places when feeling adventurous, as you really get to try lots of different things.

As for O, I'd recommend eating somewhere in the Bellagio. There just aren't a lot of good choices in easy walking distance of the Bellagio - and you never want to be too rushed before a show. Tons of great choices in the B - all depends upon what you like. Just do make a reservation as soon as possible.

My favorites in no particular order...

Mesa Grill @ Ceasar's (fancy southwestern)

Fix @ Bellagio (fancy comfort food, i.e. Tater tots with Brie, Kobe Beef Sliders, etc.)

Rao's in Ceasar's (fancy Italian, best meatballs ever)

Stack @ Mirage (same as Fix just at the Mirage, slightly different menu though)

Fix and Stack are the most fun and have the best martinis, IMO.

Mesa Grill (Caesars), Cheesecake Factory (Caesars Forum Shops) , Emeril's MGM Grand) , and Isla Mexican Kitchen (Treasure Island) are my favorites.

Venetian is across the street from TI and Canaletto there is very good, overlooking the Venice canals. It's part of the Il Fornaio chain and you can find the menu somewhere on that website.
Grand Luxe Cafe is also in the Venetian, it's a slightly-more-upscale version of the Cheesecake Factory and it's a fun place.

There is a place in TI called Kahunaville that is a fun, party-type restaurant with flair bartenders, etc.

There is a new restaurant at TI called the Social House that is great for sushi. I have not eaten there but my boss has and she and her husband loved it.

Also for sushi, at The Mirage there is a newer restaurant called Japonaise. DH and I ate there about 2 weeks ago and it was DIVINE.

The Steakhouse in Circus Circus is awesome. (If you can get past the hotel you have to enter in to get to it)

I would have suggested William B's at the Stardust...but the Stardust isn't there anymore. :sad1: Anyway, if you're interested in something "Old Vegas", try the Peppermill right across the street from the Stardust site. The food isn't anything really special but it's got kind of a "kitschy" atmosphere that I like. I liked Kahunaville at TI, too, and it's right next to the Mystere theater. The bar is a hoot...I'm told I had a good time the last time I was there!

Good grief I wouldn't even know where to start. There are hundreds of amazing restaurants to choose from in Vegas. It's becoming quite the popular hotspot for dining. Mandalay Bay has some amazing retaurants, a bit on the pricey side but well worth it imo. The restuarant on the fountain side of the Bellagio is great as well, I think it's called Olives? The name escapes me at the moment. If your serious about having some great meals in Vegas I'd advise picking up the Zagat guide.

For your evening at O! may I suggest Rumjungle in Mandalay Bay. I never see too much written about it, but my husband and I had one of our best meals ever here. And I immediately thought of it because you said you were an adventurous eater. It has Brazilian, Caribbean, Cuban type foods. Absolutely awesome food! :thumbsup2

We ate at Postrio in the Venetian Shops before seeing Mystere. Nice but not too wild.

Before going to O, I recommend eating in the Bellagio or Caesar's. It's an easy walk between the two hotels. I love Mesa Grill in Caesar's. Lots of great places in the Bellagio too.

Best margaritas I had in Vegas were at the Mexican restaurant in MGM. Food was good too, but the margaritas, yum!!!

Mon Ami Gabi is one of my favorite places on the strip. It is located at the bottom of the Eifel tower at Paris and directly across the street from the Bellagio fountains. The atmosphere is fantastic seeing as you may be seated outside right on the strip able to watch the fountains to your hearts content.

Might I add that the food is to DIE for!

Here is a review of the restaurant...
http://govegas.about.com/cs/guidereviews/gr/monamirev.htm

We had the buffet at the Bellagio before going to see "O" and loved it! you'll enjoy "O" too! Another place we liked was Isla at Treasure Island. Have fun!! :goodvibes

Toby Kieths restuarant at Harrahs.. Awesome food.....

The NASCAR restaurant at the Sahara.

The golden nuggett buffet made all 8 of us find a trash can to puke in.

The Rio buffett was ok. Long wait.

OH MY GAWD is it good:) THe best ever.
margartittaville is good but have always had a long wait. Toby Keith's I LOVE THIS bar is fantastic alot of food for the money.
We also make California Pizza Kitchen in the fashion mall everytime it is very good.
And for a quick lunch if you have a car try In & Out Burger

michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts