Need good high speed internet on site...advice?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MartDM, Feb 24, 2013.

1. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

My husband has to have internet for work while we are at WDW (we own our own business and it is essential he stay connected, so please - no lectures about work on vacation). Back in the day of having to hard connect and pay for internet access, we did OK with connection & speed but, since free wifi came along, we've had spotty and excrutiatingly slow service at several resorts.

Is there any one hotel with better connection speeds than another? Is there any trick to maximizing the speed other than waiting until midnight to use it when the majority of hotel guest are off line?

We'd really appreciate any info you have on good internet speed experiences.

Thank you!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We've had some pretty bad experiences with the wifi on site. Lots of freezes and slow speeds when it did work.

Consider these alternatives:
    • Going to the business center at one of the more convention oriented hotels.
    • Using a 4G/LTE phone in tethered mode
    • A standalone MiFi type device to create your own hotspot

4. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

I agree with PP. The wifi is horrible at Disney. 4G LTE will be the way to go.

5. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

That's what I suspected! Thanks for the info; we'll plan for alternate access from now on!

6. Tropics

Tropics Mouseketeer

We had horrible wifi in the parks last month but we had fabulous wifi at the Poly. Compared to our next hotel in Tampa (an upscale hotel that charged $$ for wifi) our wifi access at the Poly was perfect.

7. vacation_junkie

vacation_junkie Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

I'd have to hold my ipad out the door to get a signal in our room at CBR...but if we went down and sat in the restaurant area it was a strong signal...no issues, disconnecting at all.

8. DaisyD

DaisyD <font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the

We own our own company also and my husband would rely on his iphone for internet to check email and such. He brought his laptop but it was much easier and quicker to use the iphone, even at the Poly.