need gift ideas for 14 year old boy

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by chrismartinique, May 26, 2010.

1. chrismartinique

chrismartinique Mouseketeer

not really into video games. He likes sports but not one specific. He plays basketball, and he will be playing golf. He likes outdoor-ish gadgets.... I guess he already has a multi tool and another pocket knife (darn it!) They have show animals. He likes to keep everything organized - has a binder... keeps notes etc.

any last minute ideas SOS!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2travel

mom2travel DIS Veteran

binoculars
    sports trivia book
    golf balls with sports team logo
    golf towel

4. lovesmurfs

lovesmurfs DIS Veteran

For me with gifting kids that age: just two words. Gift. Card.

Sports Authority or ****'s Sporting Goods might be good for him. Target always goes over well.

5. mjkacmom

mjkacmom DIS Veteran

6. Mickeypooh99

Mickeypooh99 DIS Veteran

We gave my nephew a battery free flashlight last year. You crank the handle to make it work. Its a good gift if he camps. Then we gave him money with it. We usually try to give some small token give, and cash.

7. PA Princess

PA Princess DIS Veteran

I have two boys ages 14 and 15, so this is an age with which I am currently pretty familiar.

I agree that a flashlight is a great gift...my guys can never have enough of them. They are great for camp outs and retreats and flash light tag (a fav summer activity for the guys this age in our development).

Do you have any idea if he is into geo cahe? Again a big interest for guys around here. A cheapy gps unit of any type would be a huge hit if this is an interest (it is an outdoor activity he may really enjoy if not currently into it).

Also, I agree that gift cards are always welcome...Itunes, Target, movie theatre are probably the favs of my guys right now.

8. scrapquitler

scrapquitler DIS Veteran

How about a subscription to Sports Illustrated or the ESPN Magazine?

A gift card for Itunes or somewhere like Walmart is always a good option for a teenage boy, or even for somewhere like McDonalds or another fast food place.

9. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 <font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe

Either one of two things:

$$$ or a Sports Authority gift card

10. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

Not sure if you are buying for someone local or not, but remember that not every place has the same stores. I have never heard of Sports Authority, so unless you know for certain that they have a certain store in that area I would go with cash or something like Target.