Need Ghost costume ideas

Not so Dumbo

DIS Veteran
My DS5 wants to be a ghost for Halloween this year. I've tried to talk him into being something Disney (ie Woody, Dash, Sully) but he's pretty set on being a ghost. my problem is that I can't find a costume that isn't scary or gross looking. I would like to try to keep it looking more Casper- like. Now I'm starting to think that maybe I'll have to make him one. This is where I need your ideas. Has anyone else made a ghost costume or does anyone have any good ideas on how to make one?

Well...I love the pics of Mickey as a ghost. Could you put mouse ears on him with a sheet over the top? I know it wouldn't be quite as fitted as it should be, but then you would BOTH be getting what you wanted out of the costume! :earsboy:

Well...I love the pics of Mickey as a ghost. Could you put mouse ears on him with a sheet over the top? I know it wouldn't be quite as fitted as it should be, but then you would BOTH be getting what you wanted out of the costume! :earsboy:

Good idea!
I do have 2 pairs of mickey ears ( one black and one YOMD that lights up )
Would you put them under the sheet and make holes for the ears or put the hat on top of the sheet?

Well, either way...try the least invasive way first! Try the ears on top first, then underneath without cuts, and finally (if you don't like those looks) cut the holes for the ears to stick out. Good luck!

ummm....a sheet with eye holes cut out. Ghost costumes are the easiest ever! For the mickey ghost, I think the ears sticking up through holes in the sheet would look the best.

ummm....a sheet with eye holes cut out. Ghost costumes are the easiest ever! For the mickey ghost, I think the ears sticking up through holes in the sheet would look the best.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be when I made it last year, but I am not very crafty! :rotfl2: We did the sheet with the eye holes cut out, and I even got creative and cut ragged strips at the end and put DD in black pants so she would appear to be floating. That part looked great, but the top kept slipping and she couldn't see. I ended up sewing elastic around the neck, but it still slipped some. If I have to make one again, I would use a white hoodie, then use a sheet with a whole cut in it to go around the neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter