Need current info on All Star Music or Movies

tink2007

DIS Veteran
Just found out that the food court at All Star Sports will be closed for refurbishment in October. The All Star Sports is my favorite because of the food court so now I need to rethink our resort.
We've stayed at All Star Music and Movies in the past and had bad experiences with our room at both resorts .This was years ago so I'm wondering if things have improved lately.
I suppose if all else fails, we can still keep our reservation at All Star Sports and just walk to another food court to eat. It's not that big of a deal.

:)I heard that while the food court at the All-Star Sports Resort is closed there will be dedicated bus service to the other All-Star Resorts so you can visit the other food courts. I don't know how much of a hassle that will be. They will have grab and go(cold) food available at All-Star Sports, in the arcade area. Also the Arcade at All-Star Sports will be closed for the duration of the food court renovation, if that is important to you or your family. I know that things need to be updated, but it sure seems like an inconvenient time to close a food court(summer is the "on" season). Oh well, it is what it is. Have a great trip!

We have stayed at Movies twice and liked it. We basically sleep, use the pool and have a few meals at the food court.

It might help if you elaborated on what kind of room problems you had.

The All-Star resorts are under one general manager, so it's unlikely one is going to be far better or different than the other.

I'd like to know what room problems you had too, but I also think that you're likely to have a fine experience at either Music or Movies.

I know that the AS sports just got room soft refurbishments. That includes new mattresses, rugs, bedding, and I think paint job. No new furniture, though, on this one.

I don't know the last time they refurbished the other two all star rooms. If anyone knows, maybe you could post?

I know that the *** just got room soft refurbishments. That includes new mattresses, rugs, bedding, and I think paint job. No new furniture, though, on this one.

I don't know the last time they refurbished the other two all star rooms. If anyone knows, maybe you could post?

Im guessing you meant All Star Sports? silly censor :lmao:

I know that the *** just got room soft refurbishments. That includes new mattresses, rugs, bedding, and I think paint job. No new furniture, though, on this one.

From what I can find the Movies were done in 2011 and the Music in 2008.

I had a reservation at the ASSp for Sept. 16-19, and called up Disney to be moved. They really did not have much available, and would not offer anything for the same price. No standard rooms available at either the Music or Movies, only a preferred at the Movies for what I thought was quite a bit more. I ended up paying a little bit more to switch over to Pop. Really not happy with the way I was treated with this.

I had a reservation at the ASSp for Sept. 16-19, and called up Disney to be moved. They really did not have much available, and would not offer anything for the same price. No standard rooms available at either the Music or Movies, only a preferred at the Movies for what I thought was quite a bit more. I ended up paying a little bit more to switch over to Pop. Really not happy with the way I was treated with this.

Disney is not offering any sort of discount because of the closed food court. And if they don't have the same room rate available at another resort they don't have it. They won't discount a room for you because you have decided to switch resorts. I don't see where you were treated poorly.

The closed food court is a bummer but they have made accommodations for that. Being unhappy enough to move is up to you.

Disney is not offering any sort of discount because of the closed food court. And if they don't have the same room rate available at another resort they don't have it. They won't discount a room for you because you have decided to switch resorts. I don't see where you were treated poorly.

The closed food court is a bummer but they have made accommodations for that. Being unhappy enough to move is up to you.

Maxiesmom, I am very angry at your response, frankly. You don't know what my situation is with this reservation. You don't know that I was blatantly lied to by the Disney rep when I made the reservation. Disney should have contacted each of us who had a reservation at the time of announcing the closure of a major piece of the resort, and offered to move us at no extra charge. You know it, and I know it. So please don't be a Disney apologist tonight, I will not stand for it. Let's just end the conversation here.

Maxiesmom, I am very angry at your response, frankly. You don't know what my situation is with this reservation. You don't know that I was blatantly lied to by the Disney rep when I made the reservation. Disney should have contacted each of us who had a reservation at the time of announcing the closure of a major piece of the resort, and offered to move us at no extra charge. You know it, and I know it. So please don't be a Disney apologist tonight, I will not stand for it. Let's just end the conversation here.

I think her response was fine, polite, and I agree with it. It just isn't at you wanted to hear. They are accommodating guests due to the refurb in the same manner they are accommodating for the fridge issue. If the accommodations aren't what you're looking for you can move, and that's what you did. Not being happy with it doesn't make it poor treatment.

I think you're angry and annoyed and I probably would be too. Wouldn't expect another room at the same price though. Sorry.

I'm sorry you were lied to as that is so not cool. However, Disney is handling this refurb the same way they handle the closing of say the Poly pool. When the Volcano pool is closed for a refurb, they make arrangements for guests to use the pool at the GF and provide transportation. Same thing when the BW closes the clown pool for a refurb, the offer guests the use of SAB. I have never known Disney to offer guests to be moved because of a refurb.

I'm sorry you were lied to as that is so not cool. However, Disney is handling this refurb the same way they handle the closing of say the Poly pool. When the Volcano pool is closed for a refurb, they make arrangements for guests to use the pool at the GF and provide transportation. Same thing when the BW closes the clown pool for a refurb, the offer guests the use of SAB. I have never known Disney to offer guests to be moved because of a refurb.

I think you might want to look back at how guests were treated back in the early to mid 2000s or earlier then. I'm sorry you've become accustomed to the service provided today and feel it's acceptable.

I think you might want to look back at how guests were treated back in the early to mid 2000s or earlier then. I'm sorry you've become accustomed to the service provided today and feel it's acceptable.

Actually you have it backwards. Disney has come leaps and bounds with how they treat resort guests when they have something down for refurb. I know firsthand that a few years ago they wouldn't even have mentioned something being closed at the resort. They would have let you show up, and said sorry, it is what it is. And offered no accommodation at all.:(

So no, I don't think Disney needs to go above notifying guests of the closure, offering accommodations (a grab and go area and a bus to a resort that is less than a 7 minute walk away) and giving you the chance to switch resorts.

As far as being lied to, are you sure? The CMs over the phone are known for being mis-informed. It could very well be you had a CM that didn't have a clue what was going on.

OR your expectations are unreasonable in this particular situation.

No, that was NOT how we guests were treated in the past as far as refurbs.

And yes, I was deliberately lied to. The rep mentioned that there was some construction going on, so yes I immediately got concerned and asked her "oh, is it something major?" sounding hesitant. She then said, "no, it's not something that would affect your stay."

I think this is the end of the thread for me, since some people on here are bound and determined to defend Disney in the face of anything they do.

No, that was NOT how we guests were treated in the past as far as refurbs.

Actually it is. One trip there was a refurb going on the at the resort I had booked. We were not notified ahead of time. We were not notified once we were there. It was a surprise! So we were not even given the choice of moving resorts ahead of our stay, let alone offered up a bus to another resort.

Disney has made accommodations for the food court being closed. They will have a grab and go food area set up. They will bus you to the next resort, which will be all of a 1 minute bus ride. Those are both decent accommodations. It is up to you to take them or switch resorts. They will not offer you a discount to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter