Need Creative Bundt Cake Decoration

MouseEarsJenny

DIS Veteran
My son, bless his little heart, adores my pumpkin butterscotch bundt cake beyond all rational explanation. So, naturally, he wants one for his birthday.

Problem is, his birthday falls on Easter this year. And while I want to make him happy, serving a fall flavored brown/orange cake at our Easter dinner is really not working for me.

Any clever ideas on how I can decorate the cake to make it seem more Easter-y?

I thought about flipping it upside down and making it a basket, but it's really dense and I'm afraid it wouldn't hold up upside down. Plus, then I'd have to slather on the icing to disguise the color. Someone suggested I put ears on the sides and make it a bunny... but why does the bunny have a hole in his head?

:confused3

Could the hole be the bunny's mouth? Like bunny is yawning? Or you could put a whole big chocolate egg in and call it "Greeedy Easter Bunny".

Could the hole be the bunny's mouth? Like bunny is yawning? Or you could put a whole big chocolate egg in and call it "Greeedy Easter Bunny".

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I don't know why, but that totally cracked me up!

How about make it be the basket? Find something to put on top as a handle & let it remain brown in color. Then get some Easter grass (we use the paper or raffia kind here instead of the cellophane that DH hates 'cause it sticks to everything) and then add some jelly beans & "robins eggs".

Even though it's a "bundt" cake, why not bake it in a different shape? Something simple like 2 rounds or buy a Wilsonart shaped pan (bunny or anything he likes). You will just have to watch the cooking time a little closer.

Betty Crocker has a cute bunny option on the website:thumbsup2

http://recipes.kaboose.com/lemon-easter-basket-cake.html

these look pretty cute. whatever you decide, post a picture!!

I tried to make this one tonight. I don't know what I did wrong but it rose above the cake pan and then fell completely FLAT! This wasn't a difficult recipe and I made no substitutions, so I was surprised when it fell. Any experience with this recipe/a similar one or falling cakes? :confused3

Luckily, I have a better half that will eat crumbled cake pieces! :love:

Happy Easter! :flower:

I did one in the bread machine which fell apart when I shook it out of the pan a little too high above the cooling rack:rolleyes1 DH loves trifle so that's where the worst broken bits went;)

I did one in the bread machine which fell apart when I shook it out of the pan a little too high above the cooling rack:rolleyes1 DH loves trifle so that's where the worst broken bits went;)

Seriously? A cake in the bread machine? That is awesome! I seriously love it when small appliances can multitask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter