Need birthday planning tips

MrOakie

<font color=royalblue>So, I went out & bought my s
We're going October 2nd through 7th with our best friends, and their kids. We'll be celebrating 3 birthdays during the trip and I wanted to get some tips from other DISers who've celebrated at WDW.

My wife will be turning 41 during the trip.
Cheyenne, oldest daughter of our best friends, will be turning 16.
and Peyton, youngest daughter of our best friends, will be turning 11.

Already plan on doing MNSSHP on Sunday, October 3rd.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)

Make sure you stop by guest relations and het a birthday button to wear, this will guarantee many happy birthday wishes from CMs. Also add the birthday celebration to all your ADRs and they will usually bring a cupcake for the person celebrating their birthday.

We've been in WDW on my DD's b-day several times.
Some things we've done:

Illuminations Celebration Cruise (also had a cake delivered to our boat)
CRT breakfast
CRT dinner
Dinner at Akersus in Norway
manicure at our resort (BCV)

FIRST OFF you must!!! Go to coral reede in epcot by the nemo ride make reservations there and when you call ask how you can get the diver in the fish tank to say happy birthday *insert names here* on his writeing board it is the coolest thing ever! My mom did that for my sweet sixteen it was SO COOL! Then when you get to the restraunt tell the hostess you need seats by the tank. When they order desert they'll decorate them all happy birthday like my mom also made me a special menu with pictures of me as a kid all over it and my birthdate and stuff you could arrange that I'm not entirely sure how she did it but you can ask the people you make resverations with on the phone.

Make them all wear birthday buttons you'll get free cupcakes for every single meal you eat in a restraunt when you call ahead to make reservations tell them your celebrating three birthdays they might do something special. When you go to parades the charachters that see you in your button come over to say hi ESPECIALLY in the animal kingdom parade it is SO COOL!!! EVERYONE says happy birthday to you people on vacation everyone that works there. They will have an amazing time!!! You could also arrange to have a cake made especially for them but just a wanring they are pretty pricy but SO tasty and a great suprise :D!

OHYEA! I almost forgot that when you wear your birthday button (just make them wear it everyday all day! Disney actually encourages it!) in epcot when you buy something they sometimes write happy birthday in different languages on your reciept or the back of a mickey mouse sticker it's really cool :]

when you call ask how you can get the diver in the fish tank to say happy birthday *insert names here* on his writeing board it is the coolest thing ever!

I don't believe they are doing this activity anymore. Sorry.

Don't waste your money on the Coral Reef. We ate their earlier this month and it was quite possibly the worst meal we have ever had at WDW.

However, wherever you do end up eating, make sure you order a Disney cake. (Search for "cake gallery" on here for pictures, ideas, and instructions.) Divine!!!!

The CMs at certain counter service restaurants (in MK, at least) will sing Happy Birthday to you.

I bring Disney-licensed birthday cards from home and have the characters sign them when we do character greetings. I don't know if you have anyone in your party who is of an age to be interested in getting autographs and pictures with characters, though. (Hallmark seemed to have all of the Disney cards. I didn't find any at my grocery store or at Target.)

i second the custom cake thing! i've done the cake thing twice now...last oct. to surprise dh with a tenth wedding anny cake and last month at chef mickeys for ds's third bday. the cakes were amazing and i got wha ti wanted but i have read on the cake thread it can be a hit or miss. if going with the contemporary for a special bday dinner call up the cake number, follow the prompts and ask for an email for brian the pastry chef. if wanting one at the gf, ask to be put through to pat there. i've read she can be tricky to deal with but i had no issues at all with her. she also has an email you can ask them for.

we also brough banners and stick tac from the dollar store for our room, and the bday pin in the park. at every meal he had happy bday sung to him and he got cupcakes, ice cream and a special dessert at tutto italia. at garden grill all the gang even signed a bday card for him.

ps theres also bday hats and ears to buy in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter