Need asistance for upcoming trip

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by NewmanFamily6, Nov 2, 2012.

1. NewmanFamily6

NewmanFamily6 DIS Veteran

My DD & I are traveling to WDW for her annual dance trip in January. This year I have opted not to stay where the team is staying but to stay using my DVC points instead. There are a couple of days during the trip she needs to be over at the values way earlier than the bus system begins to run to meet her team. We are flying down. My question is can someone recommend a cab company and give me an estimate of a ride from AKV to the Allstars? I appreciate all of your help. I just want to be prepared for when we go:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

I'm going to send this over to the Transportation board, they'll be able to help you with cab company recommendations, I'm sure. :thumbsup2

4. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Mears is the contracted cab company at WDW and you shouldn't use any others. On the Mears website, they have a fare calculator that might help you. But it should be in the $15-20 range.

5. skelooch

skelooch DIS Veteran

From AKV Kidani lobby to AS lobby is less than 3 miles so a taxi should be about $10 plus tip and take no more than 10 minutes.
    Simply go to the lobby at Kidani or Jambo and have bell services get you a taxi, there will probably be some already waiting for fares.

6. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Thanks, I didn't know how close they were!

7. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

Around the corner! The All Stars are considered Animal Kingdom area resorts on the road signs.