Need advise re: free dining plan

tchrchgo

Mouseketeer
I am debating-

should I rent out my points for my planned august vacation and use the money to book a package with free dining, or just keep my planned vacation and not do the parks (I would only do the parks if I took the package)?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

You don't need to do the parks to get the package. It only requires a one day park ticket purchase, and full price room. There is a minimum stay (I think 5 days).

I don't know why you aren't doing the parks, if it is your preference or if it is for financial reasons...if it is your preference, then you would basically be buying park admission to enter the parks to dine. If it is for financial reasons, it makes litle financial sense to add park tickets just to get free dining, unless perhaps you would be happy staying at POP or All Stars. If you were going to pay full price at a moderate or deluxe resort, you'll be $$$ ahead staying with your DVC ressie.

I assume DVC can't add on the free dining plan even though we are eligible for the dining plan now. Is this correct?

PrincessJasmine08 said:
I assume DVC can't add on the free dining plan even though we are eligible for the dining plan now. Is this correct?

The free dining plan is only available with a non-discounted cash room and park ticket purchase through CRO.

If you have four people, three of which are charged at adult prices, and are willing to stay at the value resorts, it would probably work out okay for you & save you money.... but, unless you have those things in your favor, I don't see the free dining as a big break for you since you already own your points....

Use your points and buy the dinning plan, it will be cheaper. Unless you want to stay in a value resort. I don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter