Need Advice

connie1042

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney with son and DIL and my grandsons 2 and 4. I want them to get Park Hopper tickets.We will only be there for 3 full days. One day for MK and one Pool day and one day at MGM. I have my tickets already. On one of the days we are gong to MGM and then mom and dad are going to the California Grill for dinner.I am babysitting. I thought that night we could go to Epcot and watch the fireworks.But I can't do that if they don't have park hopper. Could I just add park hopper to my grandsons ticket , or do they all have to be the same type of tickets? If I can , can I do it at the front desk? We are staying at CR.

Everyone who is doing the "hopping" will need to have park hopper tickets. If the parents aren't going to do any hopping then their kids can have park hoppers even if they don't. I hope that makes sense! You can add it on once you arrive at WDW. You don't have to do it in advance.

Yes, you can add the park hopper option to just the 4 year old's ticket at any time while you're there, including at the Epcot ticket window if you didn't get the chance before that.

However, adding the park hopper option costs about $47 including tax ... so just ask yourself if one show of IllumiNations is worth $47.

Maybe you could find a place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from outside the park. You could probably find some good viewing from some of the MK resorts (maybe from the beach at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian? Not sure of the best place - others might have suggestions).

As another poster said, it costs $47 to add a park hopper feature to any ticket, so it doesn't make sense to add it to a two-day ticket. The longer you're there, the more economical it becomes to add the hopper feature (I'm adding it to my ticket in October, but since I'm staying 7 days, it's less than $7 per day. For you, it wouldn't make sense.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter