Need advice on possible split stay-How do I do it?!

disneydreamkate

DIS Veteran
Hi all! My daughter and I are going to be running in the PHM in February 2014. We are also bringing her best friend who will be running with us as well. :thumbsup2 Here is what our itinerary looks like so far:

Leave either Monday, February 17 or Tuesday, February 18. We are driving down. It will be: Me, DD (16), DBF (16), and my youngest (8). We will enjoy WDW before the DPH. My DH is flying down on Saturday. On Sunday after the Half I plan on flying the girls back up here since they have school Monday. DH and I will be staying until Friday, February 28. Here is my dilemma: We have one night where we have 5 people?! I really want to stay at BC, YC, or Boardwalk this time around, but figured when we first went down we would stay at a Value (hoping for a Standard at AoA). I know that some deals may come out for the week following President's Week, so I just have no idea how to plan accordingly. Please give me some ideas and I also don't know how to handle all of the logistics of this. Should I book two entirely separate packages? Should I book 2 RO? Should I just suck it up and stay at POR (I really don't like the AB section-so you could always try and convince me why it is so great). Even if we do that, the girls will be there and gone and then my DH will be there...This is so confusing. Also, what about park tix? I have always purchased a package so that we can make payment until our 45 day mark, and so everything is taken care of...not sure how to proceed.

Your best option is to make 1 to 2 RO ressies, based on whether or not you want to stay in the same room/resort once the kids are shipped off ; ) Maybe look into renting points for a studio from DVC when it is just DH and you? January (ENTIRE month) is the least expensive time to stay at DVC (Adventure pricing).

For tickets, I recommend buying what you need from Undercover Tourist (use the link after subscribing from Mousesavers newsletter for the deepest discount).

Since you have different ticket needs for the different members in your party, one room/package reservation simply won't work. If you try to do two package reservations, you will pay more for your (and DH) tickets. The other advantage of the RO resservations, is that changes/cancellation policies are much more flexible vs. package reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter