need advice on hotel and transportation

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by khoos, Oct 31, 2012.

1. khoos

khoos Earning My Ears

We are cruising on Dec 8th Western.
    The 5 of us are arriving at Orlando 1:30pm on Friday and the other 4 at 6:30pm. Can you suggest what shuttle transportation to hotels near Port Canaveral?

What hotels to stay at PC?

Is there or should we take hotel shuttle?

Leaving all our flights are at 4:30pm - what is the best shuttle transport?

Thanks in advance

2. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Honestly, what I would do is to stay at the Hyatt Place Northwest by the airport (this is different from the Hyatt MCO). They have 24/7 complimentary shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. They also have a package which includes the night in the hotel, breakfast, and round trip transportation to/from the cruise terminal for VERY reasonable rates. The rates do vary depending on dates--once we got $121, another time it was like $150. The transportation is good for up to 4 people in a room. There is a TGI Friday's within walking distance (we even did it with a wheelchair), and the shuttle driver offered to take us somewhere else if he wasn't busy doing airport runs. I really like this place! Best hotel breakfast I've ever had.

OK, if I were going to the port area, I'd look at Cocoa Beach shuttle and stay at either the Residence Inn (my first choice) or the CI&S. Both include breakfast and have a shuttle service to the cruise terminal, but with 5 of you a taxi would be cheaper and work on YOUR schedule.

3. travelcoupons

travelcoupons DIS Veteran

There's a map & listing of hotels in the Port Canaveral area that offer Cruise & Fly packages at www.parkingstay.com
    These are nice because they offer you the whole package. Transportation from Airport to hotel to port and back.

There's so many options and ways to do it, it can get to be mind boggling at times. :eek:

4. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

We usually stay at the MCO Hyatt. For us it is convenience as we often come in friday evenings before cruise. You can get stay certificate that sometimes helps to defer the cost. Seems like we average about $150 for one night or sometimes less depending on the deal we get. They have a luggage service which we like and there are several stores/restaurants in the airport to keep you occupied. The hotel restaurant actually has a great cuban sandwich. We have eaten breakfast there a well but it is more expense, you can always go to the food court in the morning though and then when you are done you just have to go downstairs and go to the cruise desk to be on your way.