Need Advice - Formal Pictures

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by ringsandroses, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ringsandroses

ringsandroses Earning My Ears

I am going to WDW in August and my daughter will turn 1 year old during the week of our stay. I'd like to get formal pictures taken to mark her first birthday and I had hoped that I could do this during our vacation. But in looking online, the only option I have found is the Disney PhotoPass, which sounds great, except that their options for photo packages are so limited. I would like a package with several sheets of wallets and this is not an option. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a package that won't give me what I want.

Any advice on other options would be much appreciated! FYI, we are staying at the Pop Century and will not have a car, so any photographer would have to be available through Disney transportation.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snowy76

snowy76 <font color=blue>I do a panic dance<br><font color

4. ireland_nicole

ireland_nicole <font color=green>No brainer- the fairy wins it<br

There are also resort photo sessions available which can be booked at several of the deluxe resorts. It recently changed a bit, but you can search in the photo thread and find the info.

5. annacali

annacali DIS Veteran

If you prepurchase the photopass CD you can then have the pictures printed however you want, where ever you want after you get home.

6. LilGMom

LilGMom <font color=red>It makes me want to Kiss on the li

You might want to look into the photo sessions that they offer at some of the resorts. I know that they offer them at the Poly, WL, GF, & AKL. My family had a portrait session at GF four years ago and it was wonderful. It you just your family and the photographer for 30-45 minutes. They offer photo suggestions and are open to taking pictures that you want too. You pay for the CD and are given ownership rights to the CD with all of the pictures that were taken. You can then have your pictures printed anywhere like Sam's Club, Target, Snapfish, CVS, etc. When we did this I ordered the pictures from Sam's Club, had around 20 prints done (everything from wallets to 8"x10"), picked them up and it cost around $30. :thumbsup2

7. littlejen22

littlejen22 Mouseketeer

If you want formal photos I would not use photopass, they are not good photos but good keepsakes, get a real photographer that knows how to use their camera and not keep it on auto.