Need a passport?

Correct... but if you have the time to get them... I would recommend them.. They make customs A LOT easier.

In our situation, I will be travelling to Florida with my son. My wife and daughter will be travelling down separately and hooking up with us later that day (I saved 50,000 aeroplan points doing it this way)...

But as a result, both of us will have to travel with permission letters stating that it is ok with us that the other parent is travelling with our child to the US without us... I give permission to my wife to take our daughter to the US and my wife gives me permission to take our son to the US...

Funny huh?

p.s. We'll be getting passports for the whole family too, just to be on the safe side.

Mike in the Maritimes.

FreddyBeach said:
In our situation, I will be travelling to Florida with my son. My wife and daughter will be travelling down separately and hooking up with us later that day (I saved 50,000 aeroplan points doing it this way)...

But as a result, both of us will have to travel with permission letters stating that it is ok with us that the other parent is travelling with our child to the US without us... I give permission to my wife to take our daughter to the US and my wife gives me permission to take our son to the US...

Funny huh?

p.s. We'll be getting passports for the whole family too, just to be on the safe side.

Mike in the Maritimes.

Wow... that is not so much funny as sad. Imagine that they have had so many problems with this issue that they have had to make this policy?!?! Poor families...

Anyway, DF is from El Salvador and I joke that they stop us 'cause he looks Iraqi because we do get stopped every time. :goodvibes We even can't check in online with Southwest for this reason. So, he brings along his Canadian Citizenship card and his License and it is fine.

I have a passport but never trust myself enough to bring it along to Disney. I stick to other good old ID Cards.

Also, my most recent trip to the US, I gave my license and they asked for my birth certificate and I didn't have it but I did have a Native Status Card (obviously that worked). So, my words of advice would just be to bring license and BC. :wizard:

We're a family of 6 driving down in September. None of us has passports and this wasn't and issue last year.

I won't be buying passports until they are mandatory in January. Reading this board, I think I'm in the minority, though. :)

MamaLema

No you're not. We are planning on going to WDW next May and driving across the border to catch a flight to avoid having to get passports. I was originally planning on May 2008 but decided to move it up one year. There are 5 of us and the added passport cost is signinficant. I don't anticipate a US holiday for a while after next year so I'll wait as long as possible before getting a passport. The government gets enough of our money as it is!

Officially you need a passport when flying by aircraft starting January 2007. If you are crossing the border by car then you do not require a passport until January 2008. Another great reason to fly from Buffalo!

Teresa :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter