Need a number to call to escalate a complaint about damaged merchandise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jaminmd, Oct 31, 2012.

1. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

Not looking for anything free, just to replace damaged merchandise.

I bought an expensive portrait on the Dream and the frame arrived damaged. I have been emailing for 6 weeks with no response, I called on Monday & was promised a response and haven't gotten one.

I've already opened a dispute with my CC company but would really like to resolve this with WDW. Can anyone help me with a number to call with a division that will actually help me? I can't get these people to respond on how to exchange, return or even respond with a tough luck.

The merchandising email address is useless as well as the number I called for merchandising.

Thanks for any help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

you may wish to post this on cruise board as it involves cruise line.

4. GillianP1301

GillianP1301 DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I don't have specific phone number info, but I just wanted to suggest calling back to wherever you got the promise of a return call and escalating directly with them. Every call center has an escalation process, you have to stomp your feet a lot and be assertive (not rude, just assertive). Basically, refuse to hang up until the put you through to the next highest and then just keep going, if need be. Eventually you'll get high enough to get somebody with some authority to actually deal with the issue.

Lack of response and failing to follow up as promised and two of my biggest pet peeves with the service industry. They've dropped the ball big time and unfortunately, being pushy is the only way you're going to get it resolved.

5. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

Been there already a few times.

Thanks.

6. ttstroker

ttstroker Mouseketeer

(800) 951-3532. off the DCL "contact us" page. I assume it will be a series of menu prompts so just keep trying to get a hold of a cast member, and once you do, ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to handle the call or transfer you. ALWAYS take everyone's name down you speak with. If you want, see if the supervisor has a direct extension in case you get transferred and the call is accidentally dropped. Having timelines, names, dates, etc. always helps when escalating because it shows a lack of response on their end and provides some means of accountability for those CMs who have dropped the ball.

7. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

Thanks. Unfortunately, the cruise line people won't help because it is a merchandise problem. I'm back on hold with merchandising waiting for a supervisor. I've been on hold 13 minutes already.

8. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Moving to the Cruise board

9. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

You indicate it is a "portrait" that you purchased and the frame arrived damaged. Was it purchased from Shutters (as in, a portait of your family) or the DCL gift shop (portrait of a character, ship, etc.). If it was purchased from Shutters, I don't know that you'll get anywhere contacting DCL as Shutters is privately run and therefore you would need to contact Shutters directly.

Good luck!

10. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

No, it was from the Vista Gallery.

MMouse, can you move this to the community board? I've already been on this board with the problem. Thanks.

11. BethA

BethA DIS Veteran

Is there a number for merchandise on the receipt?
    DCL is usually good about getting back to you on an issue. Keep trying.
    I know my TA has been able to help us get through if we needed a response on something
    Good luck