Need a ladies opinion....

First, I would be really upset if I planned on the Poly & my DH downgraded us to a value because HE got me preggie!;) (which my Dh has done 3 times:love: )
As long as your wife is still up for it I wouldn't mess w/ my ressies. She probably knows her body well enough by the third to be smart about resting & hydration etc..
I would plan on short park days w/ a lot of breaks, early ADR's & if its ok w/ the MIL a dinner for just the two of you.
As long as you & MIL are planning on helping even more than normally, and you sound like the kind of DH who is, I think you will be fine.
Your DW will need a ridiculous amount of h20 a day, I believe Staples delivers cases to WDW resorts. You can also look up GardenGrocers (I think that is it:confused3 ) web site they deliver to your resort also.
Your DW might be thinking that it will be easier to go pregnant than w/ 3 children, I hope whatever you do, you have a great time!!
You guys deserve some good wishes..hope you recieve some magic:goodvibes

Thanks for the kind words, but for the record I did not do it all by myself....:rotfl2:

Hi !!

How's your family doing? Hope everyone is great, I'll bet you are all getting excited about vacation!

Not sure if mentioned as a tip, but I have found that using Tour Guide Mike's website for least crowded park per day of your vacation absolutely priceless. He also advises touring plans on how to navigate the parks with the least amount of crowds and stress! There are different touring plans for different family styles and ages. He is a sponsor on this website on the theme park board, hop over there and check it out!

His "way" is to show you how (and why) to do the opposite of what the "masses" are doing!

Looking forward to hearing about your magical trip when you return!
-mary

Your wife cannot possibly protect herself adequately from the sweltering Florida sun in August. Why not tell her that you are worried about this and let her and her doctor decide if she is up to making a modified trip that entails her staying in the BEAUTIFUL (and well air conditioned) hotel you have already paid for while you and you mil & the girls go out during the day. Your wife can rest, meet other people, go to a spa, etc, until it is time to meet y'all for dinner and swap stories from the day. At that point, she can tell you if she is up to touring around during the cooler hours or not. If in doubt, BE SAFE!! That baby cannot protect himself!! I would advise making sure your wife has a cell phone on her at all times and has the "Disney" emergency numbers readily available or programmed into the phone in case of emergency.

To be perfectly honest with you, you need to ASK your wife what she feels is best for her & the baby. I know how freaked out I would be if I were that far away from my OB -even without the complications your wife has! I run a gym & am very fit, but I would not risk the Florida humidity if I were pregnant. Let her know that staying home or resting at the hotel are viable options! The hotel could very well be a retreat from daily chores & worries as long as she doesn't need to worry about helping you & the girls during the day. She isn't facing unfinished chores or dustbuunies.... it could be a nice escape if presented the right way & if she wants to leave town to begin with.

First, like many others, Congratulations on your new addition to your family!:goodvibes

The only insight that I have to offer is this...while it is true that the momma's of the world will do most anything for their kiddos, love them even when they are at their worst, and in general, make many decisions with them in the forefront of their minds...sometimes...the mommas want to do things for the mommas. I think DW really wants to go on vacation and not have being PG (my family lingo) disrupt her/the family plans, if possible. It should be a comfort to discuss and take the pressure off DW having everyone (DDs included) understand that DW may have special needs while on your Disney trip. Try to plan for the worst, hope for the best, PRAY, and go for it! :goodvibes Wishing you the best...

Things are definitely a go. I was even thinking about booking her a spa treatment day but I cannot seem to find a spa at the Poly. Is this true? Every hotel we have ever stayed at that was $300 + a night had a great spa. This really surprised me. Just thought that a day to go back early and relax without the kids, hang out at the spa, get a massage, etc. would really do her good.

Things are definitely a go. I was even thinking about booking her a spa treatment day but I cannot seem to find a spa at the Poly. Is this true? Every hotel we have ever stayed at that was $300 + a night had a great spa. This really surprised me. Just thought that a day to go back early and relax without the kids, hang out at the spa, get a massage, etc. would really do her good.

When you look at info for the Poly they mention spa services at the GF. My impression is that the GF spa is supposed to be very nice and with Poly being so close to the GF, Disney just figures that Poly guests could use GF spa, with easy monorail transportation especially.

I am not a spa expert by any means, but I would advise caution when picking the spa service that you want to treat her to. It is a wonderful idea...here are my cautions...what product does the spa use? Is it a product that your DW currently uses or has used in the past? Certain ingredients in products may not be recommended for use during pregnancy. Find out about this.

Call the spa and explain that your wife is pregnant and see if they have a package specifically for a pregnant woman. One spa service I would recommend for a PG is a spa pedicure. You want the service to be performed in a spa pedicure chair (with a whirlpool bath for the feet at the bottom while you sit in a massage chair (the kind you can adjust the settings on.)) and you hope that the pedicure chairs are in a room separate from where nails may be done (because this are can be very smelly and that could actually be bad for PG DW).

If the products are good, a facial would also be wonderful. Ask if they include any treatment to hands and feet as part of the facial. Some will put on a special lotion or other thing, wrap your hands in plastic and a towel and put them in heated mitts. I know:rolleyes: it sounds weird, but it is heavenly as they rub the lotion in...and the heat really makes skin on hands and feet soooooo soft.

Something that I would enjoy doing would be tea at the GF. I don't know if your eldest DD would enjoy that also. But that would be a neat mother/daughter time, when you could take younger DD to do something else. Likewise, if there was something fun that DW could do just with younger DD, that would be a neat treat too. These could be a more toned down time for DW to spend as well...

Shows what a dumb guy I am - I never would have thought about the Spa possibly not being good for PG DW! GUess I just cannot win for losing!

I think I read somewhere here in this thread, that they do have something special for PG women. May cost a bit more, but I'll bet it is wonderful !! I'd call and ask, I'm sure they will be happy to help in any way they can.

Well we had a follow up sonogram today and ALL IS WELL!!!!:cool1: :love:
Baby is due Valentine's Day!
We were quite worried, but doc said all looked great.

Guess what I am going to do now - I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!

Thanks so much for all your kind words and thoughts. Using all of your ideas I am going to make sure that DW has the best trip ever!

Shows what a dumb guy I am - I never would have thought about the Spa possibly not being good for PG DW! GUess I just cannot win for losing!

Ohhhhh noooooo...you are not dumb...I think you are very thoughtful and caring.:cutie: The spa will be wooooooooooooooooonnnnnnderful for PG DW!:yay:

Well we had a follow up sonogram today and ALL IS WELL!!!!:cool1: :love:
Baby is due Valentine's Day!
We were quite worried, but doc said all looked great.

Guess what I am going to do now - I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!

Thanks so much for all your kind words and thoughts. Using all of your ideas I am going to make sure that DW has the best trip ever!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter