Need a kind soul to give me some much needed info... WDW site seems to be down.

Most grocery stores or drug stores sell foam ear plugs. Get the ones with a 32 or 33 NRR. You won't hear a thing. They usually come in a small package of about ten pairs for around $3 or $4.

For all the snorer's.....try some Breathright strips. My DH uses them and they work really well.

I always bring ear plugs on vacay in case of noisey neighbours. I like the silicone ones that you warm up in your hand and then mold to the shape of your ear. I've tried the foam ones and find that they fall out too easily.

Have you thought about the cabins at fort wilderness. You would have a separate bedroom and the cost would be less than your room at AKL. You could even cook some meals and not do the ddp.
So ok the cabins are not as fab as AKL but they are in the moderate catagory and you can get a boat direct to MK.

By the way how much are those earplugs at target? MY wife says i snore like a freight train..and my 12 yr old gets annoyed when i snore on the couch so im thinking ..those may come in handy for those 2 ..when we go to AKV in march ..we have a studio booked also.

What kind of earplugs are you guys getting? I have been looking and none say "anti-snore!" :-)

I need something that will truly keep us from hearing a freight train coming through our room!

These are the ones I buy
http://www.target.com/p/6-boxes-36-.../A-11002226#prodSlot=medium_1_7&term=earplugs

fyi - this price is for 6 boxes. One box is about $4.00 in the store. :)

Most grocery stores or drug stores sell foam ear plugs. Get the ones with a 32 or 33 NRR. You won't hear a thing.

Oh if only that were true.

Despite everything, DH and I slept apart for something like 4 years, until he was FINALLY diagnosed with sleep apnea (worst case his doctor had seen in 5 years, and his doctor works at a big sleep clinic in Seattle). He got a VPAP (like a CPAP, but the air pressure is Variable) and his pressure is set at near hurricane strength. The machine is actually pretty loud, too, but recently he got a new, better, mask and I can FINALLY sleep through the night (unless he gets a leak in the mask...that wakes me through the serious earplugs).

For those who snore badly or who have people who snore badly in their lives...I might recommend a sleep study! The snorer in my life is a lot safer now...he is less likely to die in his sleep from HIS body trying to kill him, and he's less likely to die while sleeping from ME killing him...sleep deprivation by snoring starts to make you somewhat bonkers!:scared:

OP, I know you want AKL (did you look into a rental, by the way?), but a less expensive villa would be OKW. Lovely, BIG, and the points for it are lower so a rental price would be lower. Might be worth looking into. Very very different than AKL, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter