Need a kid-friendly vegetarian dinner tonight!

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Disney Addicted, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Disney Addicted

Disney Addicted DIS Veteran

This is my first post in here. I did not realize DIS had a cooking board until I went looking for a receipe.

My daughter's friend is sleeping over night. Her familiy are vegetarians. I'm trying to think of a receipe that I can also get my kids to eat without complaints.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

Pasta is always a big hit and you can add chicken nuggets or fingers on the side for those who want them. If she eats dairy products you can always do mac n cheese as most kids love that as well.

3. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I was going to say mac n cheese as well:goodvibes or cheese pie (basically mash potato and cheese but browned like a shepherds pie) again you can add a protein on the side. or how about a veggie chilli/fajitas? Or a veggie lasagne if you ahve time to make it - instead of meat bolognaise sub fresh tomatoes and spinach with a swirl of pesto - yummy! (Keep the regular cheese sauce)

4. Disney Addicted

Disney Addicted DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I ended up doing a pasta casserole type dish. I figured it would be easy for my kids to (quietly!) pick out/or around the pieces they did not like (ie, red peppers & mushrooms).