Came home last night after a graduation party and one of our dogs was behind the refrigerator (she's a mini dachshund) and wouldn't come out. We also noticed the fridge wasn't working and there was a terrible smell in the kitchen. Long story short - got her out, the cord was frayed and sparking, and she had peed. Figured out she chewed the cord, got shocked, messed then panicked. We think she was frightened by the fireworks the neighbors were doing but aren't sure. We had to call an emergency electrician to replace the cord and he said she could have been electrocuted. At first she was really quiet and I was worried but when the electrician got here, she barked so I knew she was ok. What a stressful evening! but she's ok and that's the most important.