• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Navy Exchange near MCO?

Yes please, I asked this before but I think my question got lost in the shuffle. Is there a Navy Exchange near MCO and if so has anybody used it to shop at before going to WDW and SOG? How are the prices better than the stores around Disney? Comments? I thank you kindly. :crazy: :earsgirl: :smooth: :3dglasses

I don't believe there are any military shops near Orlando (other than the exchange in SOG), the nearest bases are in Tampa and Melbourne(Patrick) both are a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive.

There is a full NEX complex which includes an ITT, Commissary and an Exchange. :thumbsup2 A barber is on site and a Navy Federal Credit Union ATM. It is there, I was shopping there two days ago. Its location is easy to find. The area was where the old housing was located when the base was still open in the mid 90’s. :cool1: :cool1:

Yes, there is a Navy Exchange right near MCO, which you can easily find searching for Navy Exchanges on the web:

https://www.nexnet.navy.mil/pls/nexflyer/nx_display_facility?p_facility_no=178

I have been there a number of times. There is a ticket office as well, where you can buy attraction tickets, including Disney tickets. It's just like any other military facility, a valid DOD id card is all you need to use the facilities there.

Just looking at a picture of the beds at CSR. They seem to be higher. Have they changed the mattresses since we were there, maybe two years ago?
The bed was really "firm" the last trip and I'm hoping they have changed the mattresses.

Thanks, Buzz, for this great site.

Hey if anyone needs the price list for the itt there let me know i just got it in my email from them. pm me you email.

Have fun

Fappleton24@msn.com said:
Would I be able to use it being a 100% disabled veteran and having a DOD card? I thank you for all your help. :crazy: :earsgirl: :smooth: :3dglasses

It depends. Does your disability give you commissary or exchange privileges? My soon to be ex was compensibly disabled, but had very limited exchange privileges.

As you know, DoD civilian employees don't have access to the exchange. But we do have access to the ticket offices. So if all you want is the tickets, yes with a DoD ID card, you can get them.

On your ID Card, check to see if the privileges are listed. ususally it will tell you commissary, exchange, MWR, etc.

tkd lisa said:
So if all you want is the tickets, yes with a DoD ID card, you can get them.

If all you want is tickets, just get them at SOG. Honestly though, the military discount on tickets is not that great. Years ago it was a far better deal & we always would buy them at MWR. But not so much anymore.

There use to be an old navy base in Orlando. But years ago it was made into a very modern satallite VA Center of the Tampa VA. Not sure if they have a store there or not. It is a very big facility and very nice. It doesn't look like your typical VA Center.

the mwr prices are cheaper, but not a great deal like they used to be. There is a very mini px/exchange in the sog but mainly for small stuff, i.e. asprin, drinks, some souveniers, etc. So, like mentioned in a different post if all you want is the tickets, I would not mess with the hassle of going to the base in Orlando I would just go straight to the hotel and start my vaca!!! By the way, I am surprised that orlando base is still open and with that much stuff still available. My husband went to boot camp there and nuc school..........that tells you how old we are!!!!! LOL

Honestly though, the military discount on tickets is not that great.

True, but every little bit helps and you aren't paying sales tax either.

The Navy Exchange is right by the airport and is an easy stop if you have rented a car.

If you are just shopping for a few items there is a small shoppette at the SOG and it has some food items, clothing, toys, etc. You might be able to get what you want there. Call the hotel dirct at 407-824-3400 and ask to be transferred to the shopette and see if they have your items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter