Navigator app?

Used it on Fantasy last week. It has information regarding the dining room menus, character meets, movie/show times and activities. Activities were also broken into youth club activities (with various divisions for different clubs), adult and family. You can mark an activity as a favorite and it will give you a reminder. You can look at the current day or future days. What I really liked is that it would also tell you when that character would have another meet, and other times (if applicable) for the activities and shows (that day or another day). That way you could plan in advance, and you would know if that is the last opportunity to see a certain character or if there would be other meets. You could also chat with other uses, kind of like text message. DH did not use his much so we did not do much chatting, but I used mine all the time.

You have to make sure you download the app before you leave and then when you get on the ship put your phone on air plane mode and turn Wi-Fi back on.

I love the ability to see ALL of the Navigators for the cruise, so that you can see what activities/meets might repeat. And while the texting feature is still a bit spotty (it rarely notifies you that you got a text; often you have to fully open the app and see if there's a text) it's much easier than the wave phones, IMO.

Any device you have that gets wifi can be used; phone, ipod, etc. DS has an ancient Samsung with no SIM in it but it gets wifi, so he took that to the kid's club and texted us when he was ready to go. Much better than telling the CM and waiting for them to use the Wave phone to let us know (if we even got the message on the Wave phone).

We have an apple 4 and a Samsung galaxy 5. What did you use and how did you get in to the app?

I had trouble on our last sailing with the time and texting feature. My phone would randomly be an hour behind and my favorites wouldn't alert on time and then it would correct itself and then a few hours later change back. The texts between our party would be delayed because of being "offline". I would check and it would show I was connected in settings. I would have to send a text and then close out of the app and restart for it to send. If the other person didn't do that they wouldn't receieve it until later.

But I love the other features, especially having the navigators for the whole week and menus. I could ask DD what she wanted for dinner before we got there. This made it easier for our server to expedite so she could go to the kids' club after eating. Since the app came out I am much less stressed when we miss a character because I know how many opportunities we would have to see them again.

We just got off the Magic last week and everyone love it. We used the texting feature a lot and I enjoyed being able to look the Dinner menus to decide if we wanted to attend or not. Never even touched the wave phones. They just recently did an update to the app which was supposed to improve the texting feature.

We just got off the Magic last week and everyone love it. We used the texting feature a lot and I enjoyed being able to look the Dinner menus to decide if we wanted to attend or not. Never even touched the wave phones. They just recently did an update to the app which was supposed to improve the texting feature.
Does it matter if you have an iPhone or a droid?

I have an iphone 4, DH has some sort of android and might have used his Fire phone on the last cruise, and DS has an ancient Samsung Galaxy without a SIM card. Works on all.

I have an iPad Mini and can't find it at the App Store ... What am I doing wrong??? TYIA

How accurate is it? For example if the navigator schedule beyond that day changes will the app update with those changes?

How accurate is it? For example if the navigator schedule beyond that day changes will the app update with those changes?
As far as I could tell, it was accurate as it seemed to match the navigator schedule. I did not see any differences on our cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter