Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

Jumping on board! Really enjoying your TR! Lucky you getting to go to school in NYC! I visited once like 15 years ago for a couple if days, def on the list to get back.

I think I would love some solo touring but my DH, DD, sis, BIL, mom are all pretty hardcore to, so prob won't get the chance.

Looking forward to hearing more, also good idea on the DCP - I will I'd known about it when I was in school, although I'd prob have to do the cultural program, being from west coast Canada.

Maybe they will be adding something extra there in the future. EPCOT does need more attractions. Because when the Frozen ride opens, that will probably be an INSANE wait:scared1: We shall see though...:scratchin

Fingers crossed for me too... we will have to keep each other updated about when we apply/when we go, ect. Best of luck to you too:goodvibes

That's true.

Yes, we'll keep each other updated!!!

Jumping on board! Really enjoying your TR! Lucky you getting to go to school in NYC! I visited once like 15 years ago for a couple if days, def on the list to get back.

I think I would love some solo touring but my DH, DD, sis, BIL, mom are all pretty hardcore to, so prob won't get the chance.

Looking forward to hearing more, also good idea on the DCP - I will I'd known about it when I was in school, although I'd prob have to do the cultural program, being from west coast Canada.

Welcome aboard! pirate: Thanks for enjoying! Definitely come visit me in the big apple!

I see your predicament. Solo touring is super fun, though! I hope one day you get to experience it!!!

You'll hear more soon!

An Evening in Italy Ft. Fauntleroy the Fern

We walked until we arrived at the main pavilion that evening. Che bella!

IMG_2710_zpsewodmets.jpg

We had some time, so first we took pictures.

IMG_2715_zpsawwsmm2u.jpg

IMG_2711_zpsylo1lm2r.jpg

Then we made a Duffy.

IMG_2712_zpswmyoh7bn.jpg

Then we watched Sergio! Che valente!

IMG_2713_zpsnckpjltd.jpg

Finally, it was time to check in to our dinner that evening.

IMG_2719_zpstbkjdcoo.jpg

It was crowded inside. I was smushed behind a fern. I told my parents about how I learned that Donald's middle name was Fauntleroy in line for the Character Spot today, so my mom said, "Let's call the fern that." Here's Fauntelory in all his glory.

IMG_2721_zpsnrredb4x.jpg

We stood there for, like, 20 minutes before we were brought to our table.

IMG_2720_zps8fsmlkxc.jpg

IMG_2722_zpsnr6t5xr1.jpg

IMG_2723_zpskcce8zzz.jpg

Our waiter (who, like all of the waiters, was SUPER ADORABLE) took our orders and I went to the bathroom.

... After taking a photo of Stromboli, Vesuvio, and Etna, of course!

IMG_2725_zpsmglgwjcj.jpg

To drink, I ordered a Fresca di Fragole (strawberry water). It was SO sweet and refreshing. 10/10 would drink again.

IMG_2727_zpserulrzyo.jpg

My father also felt super hungry and generous, so we got an appetizer: calamari!

IMG_2726_zpsicwjnzef.jpg

This was also wonderful. It was tender and the breading was light and crispy. Some of the best I've ever had... although I'm one of those crazy people who like the little tentacles in the calamari, so I missed those. These ones.

Then we waited. And waited. And waited. We waited for almost 50 minutes for our pizza. It looks like other parties were waiting for the same amount of time, too.

Then our pizza came. And this picture doesn't do it justice, but my pizza. Lord. So good.

IMG_2730_zpsnhhnkh7p.jpg

BEST authentic pizza I've ever had, let alone in Disney World. I'm usually a deep-dish girl, but this rivaled the pizza you'd find in the Little Italy section of NYC. It was beautiful.

Then we ordered dessert. I got the fried zeppoles. They were delicious fried balls of goodness served with a rich chocolate sauce.

IMG_2732_zpswjemzwlq.jpg

I thought I was full from the pizza, which I only ate about half of, but...

Mama didn't raise any quitters.

IMG_2733_zpsefap7er9.jpg

Via Napoli was one of the best meals I've ever had in Disney property. I knew I had to be full from dinner before I wrote this update because if I didn't, everything would have just hurt.

The only thing I can complain about is how long the service took. We were in there for a good two hours before we left.

When we got out, it was beginning to get dark out, so we took some more pictures as we started our journey back to the room.

IMG_2734_zps7m677qcl.jpg

IMG_2735_zpsnfhco9di.jpg

I SAW SOME FAMOUS EPCOT BUNNIES!!! You can kind of see her above the flower beds. I love her.

IMG_2736_zpsbuibvle3.jpg

We hadn't got a family photo that trip yet, so we decided we'd take one in front of the lovely "golf ball".

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7414064586_zpsh98qjjx5.jpg

It looked so good that night. I couldn't stop taking photos.

IMG_2737_zpsz2bc1gu7.jpg

IMG_2738_zpsvtvueets.jpg

Then we got on our first monorail of the trip. It was silver.

IMG_2740_zpst9o3xhwx.jpg

Then we took ANOTHER monorail to the MK, then we got on a boat launch to WL from there. We saw some ducks!

IMG_2741_zpsapmg6i11.jpg

When we got back to the hotel, I journaled for a bit, took a shower, plugged my phone in and MADE SURE it was charging, then passed out in the bed.

I was SO tired from that day. It was uneventful after dinner and I couldn't catch Illuminations like I wanted to, but I was tired and went home because knew I had a big day at Disney's Hollywood Studios coming up.

(Click here to Continue!)

Last edited:
We walked until we arrived at the main pavilion that evening. Che bella!
I love Italy - such a beautiful pavilion.
Then we made a Duffy.

IMG_2712_zpswmyoh7bn.jpg
I love doing those! My friends and I also made Duffy's during our trip - we also used them as fans haha:rotfl:
Then our pizza came. And this picture doesn't do it justice, but my pizza. Lord. So good.

IMG_2730_zpsnhhnkh7p.jpg
That looks fantastic. I keep hearing great reviews about Via Napoli - I would love to try it one day.
BEST authentic pizza I've ever had, let alone in Disney World. I'm usually a deep-dish girl, but this rivaled the pizza you'd find in the Little Italy section of NYC. It was beautiful.
Wow - now I HAVE to try it!!
Then we ordered dessert. I got the fried zeppoles. They were delicious fried balls of goodness served with a rich chocolate sauce.

IMG_2732_zpswjemzwlq.jpg
Gosh those look good too.
We hadn't got a family photo that trip yet, so we decided we'd take one in front of the lovely "golf ball".

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7414064586_zpsh98qjjx5.jpg
Aw you guys are so cute! Great photo!

I love Italy - such a beautiful pavilion.

I love doing those! My friends and I also made Duffy's during our trip - we also used them as fans haha:rotfl:

That looks fantastic. I keep hearing great reviews about Via Napoli - I would love to try it one day.

Wow - now I HAVE to try it!!

Gosh those look good too.

Aw you guys are so cute! Great photo!

It's gorgeous.

They're so much fun!!! And yeah, I used him as a fan too :rotfl2:

Definitely a must-do ADR. It's so good.

Thank you!!!

I'm glad you had such a nice dinner! Epcot is so pretty at night. I love the family photo :)

It really was one of the best we had that trip. And yes, Epcot is gorgeous. Thank you for the compliment :)

I was a lurker on your last TR, and I'm so happy I finally had the time to catch up on your new one! You have such a fun writing style and your Trip Reports always make me laugh.

Nice to see that Pace is treating you well.

I was a lurker on your last TR, and I'm so happy I finally had the time to catch up on your new one! You have such a fun writing style and your Trip Reports always make me laugh.

Nice to see that Pace is treating you well.

Oh my goodness, what a sweet message! Thank you so much and welcome aboard! :cutie:

Rope-Dropping Is Inevitable

So here's what I learned on the morning of Tuesday, August 4th, 2015:

Rope-dropping is inevitable when you're Kaitlyn.

I woke up at around 8:00, thought to myself, "hmm, the first bus to DHS leaves in about an hour" and without a second thought I got up and got dressed. I seem to believe grabbing something quick to eat (like a banana) from Roaring Fork before I got in line for the first bus.

IMG_2758_zpsldep73xc.jpg

IMG_2760_zpszg5blnbn.jpg

The bus pulled up and I was the first in line. When the driver opened up the doors, I encountered another inevitable Kaitlyn scenario, the first of the trip: "Sweetie, are you all by yourself?". :sad2:. But I can't blame them for the fact that I look 15, so I just smiled and gave an awkward little "yeah" before I got on the bus.

We arrived soon thereafter.

IMG_2761_zpsdjwah9lf.jpg

IMG_2762_zpsaczsgtyn.jpg

IMG_2763_zpss6pauqfh.jpg

I was standing there for about 45 minutes. In hindsight, I should have slept in a little bit more. My feet were killing me. The family in front of me was chosen to open up the parks and the security guard (who was super nice and fun) gave me a bunch of stickers. So it wasn't the worst rope-drop ever but not my favorite.

IMG_2765_zpsfioxrwjk.jpg

Hoo-ray for Hollywood!!!

IMG_2768_zpsa1g5le2d.jpg

I decided I would rope drop RnRC.

IMG_2767_zpsznmftv9u.jpg

I went on it twice before moving on to my next destination!

IMG_2770_zpszncano8q.jpg

With 20 minutes until their first set opened up, I got in line to meet a pair of monsters I had been dying to meet this trip.

IMG_2771_zpshvkzv4cu.jpg

IMG_2772_zpsfoxjxybg.jpg

IMG_2773_zpsxdd8vqdi.jpg

The nicest woman ever was in front of me. She let me borrow a plastic fan of hers and she and her children were decked out in these cute clothes she made herself. She seemed like a cool DISboards mom, so if you're reading this, hi!!! :wave2:

Mike and Sulley came out and oh my goodness.

IMG_2777_zpsizkothkb.jpg

IMG_2779_zpsdf9rwpxq.jpg

IMG_2780_zpsxus4onha.jpg

They did the stretches from the beginning of Monsters Inc.!!! The character attendant was all "SCARY FEET SCARY FEET SCARY FEET" and Mike and Sulley were running in place and GAHHHH it was hands down my favorite DHS memory ever!!!

So of course I greeted Sulley with a big "KITTY!!!!!" which he was super excited about.

IMG_2784_zpswtrnvswt.jpg

IMG_2786_zpswpvmjh5j.jpg

IMG_2789_zpsudefodgm.jpg

IMG_2792_zpsgegk3pev.jpg

These two were RIDICULOUSLY animated. Even with the notes I took (on the notebook which is now lost to me oops) it was so hard to remember everything that happened. Sulley pointed to my button, which had Ariel on it, and pretended to "fish" Mike. They were bubbly and energetic and honestly the most fast-paced and animated interaction I've ever seen. They were super fun. They're a pair you need to meet to believe.

IMG_2793_zpsphia6kej.jpg

After our goodbyes, I continued onward to yet another M&G.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
You've Got A Friend in Starring Rolls

I made my way towards Pixar Place to meet my next duo of the day.

IMG_2794_zpscnxpsjqe.jpg

Can you guess who?

IMG_2798_zpsvszijfkv.jpg

Fine, I'll show you!

IMG_2796_zpscwjorfge.jpg

They had a 40-minute wait that I was more than willing to put up with on this patient morning.

IMG_2799_zpshvrlp2ef.jpg

As much as I love the picture shoot thing in this line, can we agree that the reason this M&G is always at a 40 minute wait is because there's always at least three families that have to stop to take EVERY child's photo at EVERY photo op? Yes?

IMG_2801_zpsxzrqvao1.jpg

IMG_2802_zpspfnej79s.jpg

IMG_2803_zpsskuubfsc.jpg

I, unfortunately, was stuck behind one of them. And their mother was very loud. And her children were very young and uncooperative. :sad2:

So anyway, I get to the front and I'm the next one up and of course, I'm told they have to go recharge Buzz' batteries and feed Bulls-eye and all that other good stuff. :sad2::sad2:

It was a test in my patience for sure, but these two were worth it. ALWAYS.

IMG_2806_zpstfshwkou.jpg

IMG_2808_zpswpqkke8i.jpg

Buzz was SUPER bashful about my shirt. Even Woody loved it.

IMG_2811_zpsq83wifsm.jpg

You can meet Buzz in Tomorrowland, and you can meet Woody in Frontierland (sometimes Jessie will be there, too), but you can't beat meeting Buzz AND Woody in Pixar Place. These two are just perfect as a pair.

IMG_2814_zpskt0fhxpv.jpg

IMG_2816_zpsa0etfdbn.jpg

We said our so-longs and I went to get some food in my stomach.

First I stopped at Hey-Howdy-Hey refreshments to get a bottle of water because I was thirsty, then I made my way over to Starring Rolls. I could have had lunch. I could have had a nice sandwich and some chips, or something to that affect. But I didn't want lunch. I just really, really, really wanted a cupcake.

So when you're at Starring Rolls and you really want a cupcake, what would you get if not this beauty?

IMG_2820_zpsboshrfxd.jpg

The Butterfinger cupcake is... I don't... how do I even begin to describe this thing?

I'll let the cross-section help me describe this work of art.

IMG_2821_zpspsjvlkpm.jpg

First of all, let me just say that this thing was served to me freezing cold, which was perfect for the hot day. The chocolate shell that encompasses the colossal mountain of rich, white icing was rock hard and covered in glorious butterfinger crunchies. The chocolate cake was moist and chocolatey and the ganache in the middle was thick and gooey and perfect. I ate as much as I could of this thing before surrendering to my rich death by cupcake. It was probably the best thing I have ever eaten at a Walt Disney World theme park. May God bless this cupcake, and may it live past Disney menu changes for all of eternity.

Then it was getting kind of hot and I had kind of already done everything I wanted to get done this particular morning so I kind of threw in the towel and went back to my resort for a swim. I waited, like, 20 minutes for a bus in the heat which was no bueno but soon I was back at my lovely resort for a nice afternoon of swimming!

Last edited:
So, I was 42 on my last trip to WDW and I was most excited about meeting Mike and Sully! I got so many Sully hugs...it was the best!

On another note, have you found your pizza joint yet? I lived in NYC from my early 20s to my mid-30s and I miss having my "favorite" of every type of food. Favorite diner: Galaxy at 43rd and 9th. Greek: Uncle Nick's at 50th on 9th. Favorite Delicatessen: Katz's (now that Carnegie is closed). Favorite latkes: Veselka. Favorite pizza: Two Boots, Favorite Coffee: Hungarian Pastry Shop at 111th and Amsterdam. I could go on forever...but I am super-excited for you that you get to find all your own places!

Cute pics with Buzz & Woody! Mmm i love the butterfinger cupcake, so delicious!

Thank you! And yessss, the butterfinger cupcake... so good!!!

So, I was 42 on my last trip to WDW and I was most excited about meeting Mike and Sully! I got so many Sully hugs...it was the best!

On another note, have you found your pizza joint yet? I lived in NYC from my early 20s to my mid-30s and I miss having my "favorite" of every type of food. Favorite diner: Galaxy at 43rd and 9th. Greek: Uncle Nick's at 50th on 9th. Favorite Delicatessen: Katz's (now that Carnegie is closed). Favorite latkes: Veselka. Favorite pizza: Two Boots, Favorite Coffee: Hungarian Pastry Shop at 111th and Amsterdam. I could go on forever...but I am super-excited for you that you get to find all your own places!

Weren't they great??? DEFINITELY one of WDW's best kept secrets. Not a lot of people know about them since they're tucked away so far back into that corner of DHS!

HAHAHAHA YES! I do have my pizza joint! A small pizza place named Rosella's that's right next to my main building. BEST pizza and garlic knots. :thumbsup2 Ironically, I spend more money on my bagel place. Whoops. It's a chain (Long Island Bagel Cafe), and I never really enjoyed bagels before I moved to NYC, but there's just something about a hot cup of coffee and a sesame bagel with butter on Saturday mornings, you feel me? :bitelip:

Thank you! And yessss, the butterfinger cupcake... so good!!!

Weren't they great??? DEFINITELY one of WDW's best kept secrets. Not a lot of people know about them since they're tucked away so far back into that corner of DHS!

HAHAHAHA YES! I do have my pizza joint! A small pizza place named Rosella's that's right next to my main building. BEST pizza and garlic knots. :thumbsup2 Ironically, I spend more money on my bagel place. Whoops. It's a chain (Long Island Bagel Cafe), and I never really enjoyed bagels before I moved to NYC, but there's just something about a hot cup of coffee and a sesame bagel with butter on Saturday mornings, you feel me? :bitelip:
Well, my first NYC roomie and I HOTLY disagreed on the best bagel in NYC. I was staunchly H&H. He was all about Esse, which is down your way. I do love a bagel with butter on a Saturday AM, but what I miss is onion bagels with lox, cucumber, tomato and onion. So so so good!

And yes, bagels ARE more expensive than NYC pizza. That is hilarious - I never thought about it like that! We had a slice joint across the street from our apartment that was just okay, but their garlic knots were amazing and the slices were a dollar! We would improve the pizza by sticking it under the broiler with some sea salt and rosemary until the cheese browned. A great cheap eat!

Well, my first NYC roomie and I HOTLY disagreed on the best bagel in NYC. I was staunchly H&H. He was all about Esse, which is down your way. I do love a bagel with butter on a Saturday AM, but what I miss is onion bagels with lox, cucumber, tomato and onion. So so so good!

And yes, bagels ARE more expensive than NYC pizza. That is hilarious - I never thought about it like that! We had a slice joint across the street from our apartment that was just okay, but their garlic knots were amazing and the slices were a dollar! We would improve the pizza by sticking it under the broiler with some sea salt and rosemary until the cheese browned. A great cheap eat!

Ah, bagels. So many places to get them and so many ways to eat them- how can they not cause hot debates? Now I want an onion bagel with lox, cucumber, tomato, and onion!

Your pizza hack sounds great. Rosella's is a bit more expensive- I think it's about $2.50 a slice? But I'm glad you found a way to improve your dollar slices!!!

Hi Kaitlyn!

It feels like forever since I last commented. It was quite the stressful and busy semester for me, but now I'm on break until the end of January and found some time to catch up. I can't believe you're still not even done with this TR, you've done SOOOO much. I'm ashamed of how little I was able to do on my last trip. Really hoping now I'll get in the DCP for Fall 2016 and so excited to hear that you'll be applying too! I guess I will never be alone when applying for the DCP lol And OMG so jealous of all the shows you've gotten to see in NYC. Like Hamilton AND Deaf Awakening... WHY CAN'T I HAVE YOUR LIFE?!?! Aggghhh, well I'll get over there eventually and I'll have you to give me advice on what shows I should see since I won't be able to see everything unfortunately.

Can't wait to read about more of this trip! :mickeyjum

Hi Kaitlyn!

It feels like forever since I last commented. It was quite the stressful and busy semester for me, but now I'm on break until the end of January and found some time to catch up. I can't believe you're still not even done with this TR, you've done SOOOO much. I'm ashamed of how little I was able to do on my last trip. Really hoping now I'll get in the DCP for Fall 2016 and so excited to hear that you'll be applying too! I guess I will never be alone when applying for the DCP lol And OMG so jealous of all the shows you've gotten to see in NYC. Like Hamilton AND Deaf Awakening... WHY CAN'T I HAVE YOUR LIFE?!?! Aggghhh, well I'll get over there eventually and I'll have you to give me advice on what shows I should see since I won't be able to see everything unfortunately.

Can't wait to read about more of this trip! :mickeyjum

TIMMY. I miss talking to you so much. :hug:

I'm ashamed of how little I've written! We're still in the first, like, quarter of my trip or something like that! But yeah I did SO much this trip. I feel like it's because I was compensating for everything I didn't get to do in 2014 that I only found out about when I got back? But anyway, I'M SO EXCITED to apply with you!!! And don't be jealous of the shows I see.... come see them with me!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: or at least come to broadwaycon with me in a few weeks. Any time you're in NYC let me know. I'll have you covered for cheap tix to the best shows.

Can't wait to write more!!! :stitch:

A Frozen Afternoon

So I went back to the hotel and took a swim for about two and a half hours. It felt so nice, let me tell you- it was my first swim of 2015, and it was a hot day, and there was no pressure on my feet (which were beginning to hurt because of all the "walking-with-purpose" I had been doing non-stop since I had arrived). Then I took a shower. And as I'm showering, I heard the fire alarm go off. :eek: The fire alarm prompts me to leave the building, so I rush out and throw some clothes on and sprint outside, looking like trash. I walk over to my family and everyone in the pool is super chilled out so I'm like :confused:. So I walk back inside and I walk up to a CM and I'm all, "hi, is it okay to go back up to my room now?" and she was like "Yes, you didn't have to leave, we were just doing our annual fire alarm test!" so then I'm like :faint: and I go back upstairs and change into my real outfit and within half an hour or something like that I'm on my way back to DHS.

IMG_2833_zpseqdftcal.jpg

This afternoon was ALL about Frozen. So first I walk over to the theatre where the Frozen Fever short is playing and get in line for the next showing. I didn't see Cinderella while it was in theaters, and I love Frozen, so I really wanted to see it.

IMG_2836_zpsegywasi0.jpg

IMG_2838_zpsvzgmspoj.jpg

It was really cute! I'm glad I sat down and watched it.

Then I did some window shopping to see if there was a Frozen souvenir I wanted.

IMG_2839_zps7bzw1udl.jpg

IMG_2840_zpsra1nlxpp.jpg

IMG_2841_zpsnrvkzvyr.jpg

There was nothing I wanted in the Frozen store. Actually, let me rephrase that: there was plenty I wanted in the Frozen store, but I didn't have the money for most of it.

With an hour before my next FP+ (or rather, first FP+?), I headed back towards the direction of the theatre. I took a pit stop at the Great Movie Ride, and look who I caught in the courtyard!

IMG_2844_zps8lddagb3.jpg

He was very sweet and dapper. He wasn't a big fan of the family in front of me, I don't think, and I'm pretty sure he pushed off a kid who hugged him while he was walking to the spot, but once I told him that he was #1 he gave me a big hug and warmed up. So I don't know.

Then I went on another classic attraction I had missed last year!

IMG_2849_zpsqknpguob.jpg

IMG_2850_zpswoy7oelt.jpg

It was. Um... rough? Sorry, I know there are some die-hard MuppetVision 3D fans on this board, but... if Phineas & Ferb and Lightning & Mater aren't making the cut for the Star Wars expansion, I doubt MV3D will. In fact, I seriously doubt that ANY of the MuppetVision/Streets of America area of the park is going to survive the Star Wars expansion, unfortunately. Everything is just so old and there's not much to do.

I do love Statler and Waldorf, though. Always.

IMG_2852_zpsdwidyyle.jpg

Au revoir Muppets!

IMG_2853_zpsovhjr2jr.jpg

IMG_2854_zpskeeynxef.jpg

SO THEN it was finally time for my FP+ for the Frozen Sing-a-long! I scanned my Magicband and went in.
One thing I was surprised to find out was that having a FP+ for the Sing-a-long meant virtually nothing? We were let in at the same time other people were let in and didn't have FP+ seating like other shows in DHS have. Oh well. I got to the front row anyway! And I didn't push anyone.

IMG_2859_zpshbmsxyuc.jpg

The show was pretty good. I felt awkward being the only person above the age of 7 shouting all the songs at the top of my lungs, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? I took a MILLION pics. Here are several.

IMG_2864_zpsmxea1ymz.jpg

IMG_2869_zpseh23n2oj.jpg

IMG_2872_zpsbcs1smcw.jpg

IMG_2874_zpsqshgzswq.jpg

IMG_2878_zpssulo8o6w.jpg

IMG_2882_zpspxto5ad5.jpg

IMG_2886_zpshpqmlluc.jpg

IMG_2889_zpsikqmr96s.jpg

IMG_2894_zpsfltswxai.jpg

IMG_2901_zps5c1clwvt.jpg

IMG_2902_zps3uemvrhc.jpg

IMG_2908_zpsfocxrhpw.jpg

IMG_2910_zpswvmyvd69.jpg

AMAZING. So blessed to be an honorary citizen of Arendelle.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter