Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

She Really is a Funny Girl, That Belle!

Hey guys! So I took a short break... for several months. Got a lot done. Saw Hamilton and The Color Purple and Something Rotten and many many other shows that I don't have time to list right now. Did 30 hours of fieldwork at a preschool. Started going to church at Irving Plaza. Went to the Strand bookstore over a dozen times. Now I'm on Thanksgiving break and figured I'd continue for a bit.

Anyway! After I met Alice, I started making my way towards France.

IMG_2596_zpsryfprr7q.jpg

France really is the most beautiful pavilion in Epcot. Really, superbly done and gorgeous. It's everything.

IMG_2598_zps52fu7trb.jpg

Again, my beautiful pavilion!

And I'm sure by now you can all guess where I was headed.

IMG_2599_zps53zdpvuq.jpg

As soon as I got in line, a group of girls came along and asked if I was waiting for Belle. I said of course, so we waited for about three minutes. Then a CM came along and he was like, "I figured I would catch some of you waiting for Belle! She's going to meet inside today. You guys are first, let me take you to where she's meeting today!" So we went inside one of the beautiful Parisian buildings. I think it's the same building that hosts Impressions but I can't be entirely sure.

IMG_2600_zpsrmqsiivc.jpg

The most adorable little girl came along and was waiting for Belle with us. She was very outgoing- according to her mother, she was a big hit with all of the characters she met because she was so spunky and fun to be around.

Then the girl of the hour came out!

IMG_2601_zps3penckwj.jpg

"Bonjour!" She said.

"Bonjour, Belle!" I replied. "Have you read any good books lately!"

"Yes, I have! Far-off places, a prince in disguise... we'll have to read it together someday!"

"Absolutely!"

IMG_2602_zpscwevihos.jpg

After we said our "Au Revoir"s, I got on a friendship boat and went to the China pavilion for some lunch. I was really in the mood for Chinese food.

IMG_2607_zpsyjdkcqee.jpg

IMG_2609_zpsarfgo8vc.jpg

I got the orange chicken with rice, a bottle of water, and lychee ice cream. The chicken and rice were better than I was expecting. The chicken was really good, the rice was standard minute rice. Good for being covered in excess orange chicken sauce. I didn't like the lychee ice cream that much, but it's okay. I had bigger plans for a snack later.

After lunch, I walked around the pavilion a little more.

IMG_2610_zpsueg7g8l9.jpg

The House of Good Fortune was a really pretty shop. Everything in there was so enticing. I couldn't leave without this fan. It was only about a dollar or so! I was very impressed.

IMG_2611_zps1sij4tur.jpg

Then I went up to a CM to ask about another princess that was meeting very soon.

After confirming that she was, indeed, meeting today in her indoors M&G location, I got in line and waited a few minutes.

IMG_2612_zpspmlqw2lw.jpg

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Yeah for your first show!!!! Thanks for the update!

Yay!!! Thank you for reading, sorry it took me so long to get back to you!!

I'm glad you got to see Spring Awakening and enjoyed it so much!

The Alice meet sounds like it was so fun :) Cute pics! Can't wait to hear who else you met.

Thank you! Sorry it took me forever to reply! Alice was very fun!

Yikes. That would have been very frustrating. Besides, how do they know you guys weren't out there longer? At least it turned out not to be too bad of a wait.

So sorry I haven't been posting. But yeah, it was frustrating. But at the same time, I was still guaranteed to meet her, so I tried to keep my chill. It was still early in the day, lol.

Aww! You gotta love The Big Cheese!

Urg! What was her problem?? :confused3

He is super talented that Goofy!
:rotfl:

Wow she really wasn't spreading any pixie dust was she!
:sad2:

Love that picture! :cutie:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22979-1384980970-6.gif

I've never tried Beverly! Good to know you survived! :rotfl:

That is so cool! :hyper:

That is so annoying!
:headache: Why didn't they just let you and the 5 people behind you who were already there just go first? :confused3

This picture just cracks me up! :rotfl:

Thank you so much for your gifs!!! Sorry it took me forever, but your post pretty much sums up all of my feelings, lol!

Hello my dear!!!!

I am finally back and all caught up with your TR!!! Love it so far by the way! I have been so busy with my first year at college as well, so I totally get where you're coming from. I hope everything is going well for you. :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the Character meets you have don so far. You are just like me, character meets are my thing when I go to Disney. I am also that 18 year old with the autograph book haha.

Your CRT seemed so wonderful and magical, you have really convinced me to try it the next time I'm there! Looking forward to your next update, and you've inspired me to continue on mine...

Hi! Sorry it took me a million years to respond!

Thank you so much for catching up! And yes, ugh, college is keeping us all so busy. Things are going well, I hope they're going well for you too!

RIGHT??? Character meets are like, the absolute best! Us 18 year olds with autograph books deserve an award for being so great.

CRT was really amazing. I'm so glad I inspired you to continue on your TR... which is ironic, because I've gone several months without posting here. LOOOL.

I can't believe I missed so much. Obviously I won't comment on all of it, but I just wanted to say sorry about your grandma and let you know that I'm now following along and ready to hear more :)

I can't believe I missed this post!!! Thank you for your condolences, and thank you for following along. Sorry it took me several million decades to post again, but there's a new update now!

I love Spring Awakening! I saw it in my hometown when there was a touring company going through, and would love to see it again! Is it bad that your TR is now making me want to go back to NYC? Enjoy as many shows as you can!! (I would)

Spring Awakening was AMAZING. I saw it for my second time last weekend. And no, it's not bad at all! Come visit me in NYC and we can see a million shows together!!

Following! Just caught up on everything. What an awesome TR! Can't wait to read more!

Hi! Thank you for following, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Can't wait to share more with you!!!

Just caught up - looks like you had a fabulous trip, and I can't wait to read more!

Also, how lucky are you to be going to school in NYC!!! Spring Awakening is one of my favorite musicals ever - and I've got to get caught up and listen to Hamilton, because it took me way too long to realize that it was done by the same person who did In the Heights (another favorite). I definitely see you're making the most of your time there :)

Just caught up - looks like you had a fabulous trip, and I can't wait to read more!

Also, how lucky are you to be going to school in NYC!!! Spring Awakening is one of my favorite musicals ever - and I've got to get caught up and listen to Hamilton, because it took me way too long to realize that it was done by the same person who did In the Heights (another favorite). I definitely see you're making the most of your time there :)

Thank you!!! Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the rest!!!

I'm so fortunate to go to school in my favorite city. Spring Awakening and Hamilton are both amazing. I certainly hope I'm making the most of my time here!!! It's hard to balance studying and exploring, but I think I'm doing fairly well ;)

Mushu in Trouble

About 15 minutes after I hopped in line, Mulan came out to play.

IMG_2613_zpsaunszzvo.jpg

We said our "hello"s and she started signing my book.

"Hey... you haven't you seen Mushu lately, have you?" She asked.

"No, I'm afraid I haven't." I told her. She sighed and shook her head.

IMG_2614_zpsalwishmp.jpg

"Well... he's in a bit of trouble right now. You know how Mushu just loves fireworks? Well, he's been stealing fireworks from the Magic Kingdom before the firework show happens. And I keep seeing him and asking him, 'Mushu... where did you get those fireworks?' and he keeps telling me, 'they're mine!', but... just keep an eye out for him, okay?" She explained.

"Oh my goodness. Absolutely, I'll speak up if I see him." I nodded.

"Good! Thank you so much for your help, princess."

IMG_2615_zpszootux66.jpg

IMG_2616_zps54yamfa5.jpg

I started making my way around the world again. My next stop was Japan!

IMG_2624_zpssimfltqp.jpg

Mitsukoshi has historically always been my favorite store in WDW. You don't mind if I spam you with pictures a little bit, do you?

IMG_2625_zpsjz6ggwvv.jpg

IMG_2626_zpszzqh6dc7.jpg

IMG_2627_zpssnk8xcjz.jpg

IMG_2628_zpso3xjrbxx.jpg

IMG_2629_zpsxo9gokgr.jpg

IMG_2630_zpscnpq7epo.jpg

IMG_2632_zpsprnrwxya.jpg

IMG_2633_zpsrqanp9y7.jpg

IMG_2634_zpsxbsxaonu.jpg

IMG_2635_zpsfq6rkaou.jpg

IMG_2639_zps9lwglsin.jpg

IMG_2640_zpscqypgoi4.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my picture spam!

I bought a notebook, a tiny cat charm, and a set of hello kitty putty erasers that will be revealed to you in an upcoming update. Then I moved forward to the France pavilion yet again.

Last edited:

Hey guys! So I took a short break... for several months. Got a lot done. Saw Hamilton and The Color Purple and Something Rotten and many many other shows that I don't have time to list right now. Did 30 hours of fieldwork at a preschool. Started going to church at Irving Plaza. Went to the Strand bookstore over a dozen times. Now I'm on Thanksgiving break and figured I'd continue for a bit.
Hi! So good to see you back here!! Wow you sound like you've been busy - but in a good way of course! :thumbsup2 It's awesome you saw all of those Broadway shows! I actually just saw Aladdin the other night with my friends and plan on doing a life update on it if oyu want to check it out!
Hi! Sorry it took me a million years to respond!

Thank you so much for catching up! And yes, ugh, college is keeping us all so busy. Things are going well, I hope they're going well for you too!
RIGHT??? Character meets are like, the absolute best! Us 18 year olds with autograph books deserve an award for being so great.
CRT was really amazing. I'm so glad I inspired you to continue on your TR... which is ironic, because I've gone several months without posting here. LOOOL.
College is going well for me too! And yeah I know it's hard to try and do updates on here - but I do my best!

Loved all the photos with Belle and Mulan! Can't wait to read more!!:goodvibes

Cute pics with Mulan, sounds like fun interaction too!

Thank you! She was so much fun to talk to- it was such a unique conversation!

Hi! So good to see you back here!! Wow you sound like you've been busy - but in a good way of course! :thumbsup2 It's awesome you saw all of those Broadway shows! I actually just saw Aladdin the other night with my friends and plan on doing a life update on it if oyu want to check it out!

College is going well for me too! And yeah I know it's hard to try and do updates on here - but I do my best!

Loved all the photos with Belle and Mulan! Can't wait to read more!!:goodvibes

YES. Oh my goodness, I keep forgetting to catch up on all of the TRs I've been subscribed to. I'll go check yours out right now!!! I'd love to hear all about how you felt about Aladdin, it's one of my favorites right now!

I'll try to update again tonight!!!

An American in (fake) Paris

After my romp in Japan, I went back to the France pavilion.

IMG_2642_zpso3uygpqt.jpg

IMG_2643_zpsefsplsjb.jpg

Out of all of the photos I took this trip, this one is my favorite non-character photo. I adore it.

IMG_2657_zpsxup4upa1.jpg

This beautiful princess was out and about, but her line was too long already.

IMG_2647_zpsrhrym2ec.jpg

I headed into a gift shop because it looked as though it was about to rain. The first thing I saw was this tempting display of Belle merchandise.

IMG_2648_zps0u5vkrme.jpg

Belle isn't even my favorite princess, but it's so hard to turn down tables full of princess merchandise, don't you think? I loved the frames.

Then I went into Les Halles to rip myself away from a table before I could cause more damage to my purse.

IMG_2649_zpsb2bidyul.jpg

IMG_2650_zpsi7lbwz0c.jpg

IMG_2651_zpssxbsgb3y.jpg

IMG_2652_zpsrlryfm7e.jpg

So what did I get?

IMG_2654_zpsoq7hyq0c.jpg

There were no tables inside, so I sat outside and enjoyed the view since it wasn't raining yet.

The creme brulee was really good. The caramel was very sweet and the vanilla had a very dark undertone to it. I want to say "smokey", but "smokey" is a word usually reserved for savory things like BBQ right? I don't know. I'm bad at articulating flavors.

One complaint I have is that there was an unsettling amount of moisture on top that I credit towards the creme brulee being left out in the case for too long. It was a minor issue for my treat, but I worry that the condensation/prolonged exposure in the case may present a bigger issue for some of the other treats in the case.

Moving on! I only ate about half of my dessert before I got a text from my family saying that they were at the park. Finally, right? It was around 2-3 when I got the text and I realized dinner would be happening in about three hours so I scrapped the creme brulee and walked back.

IMG_2658_zpscxghbjbv.jpg

IMG_2659_zpsj5nixwep.jpg

I walked all the way from France to Electric Umbrella where my family was eating. They were starving. Apparently, they got on a wrong bus at noon and it took them two hours to get to Epcot. Yikes.

When they were done eating, we ventured onward.

Last edited:
Ooh, creme brulee! I loved the one at Chefs de France, but it's nice to know I could get a pretty good one without eating there :P It's delicious, but not an expense we go for every trip.

Can't believe it took your family so long to get to Epcot! Though I have to say, the bus system can be a bit confusing, and if you get on the wrong one you could be in a bit of trouble. Glad they were able to make it eventually :)

I love the pictures in this update - so pretty!:goodvibes
I headed into a gift shop because it looked as though it was about to rain. The first thing I saw was this tempting display of Belle merchandise.
I find that most merchandise in Disney is tempting....:rotfl:
Belle isn't even my favorite princess, but it's so hard to turn down tables full of princess merchandise, don't you think? I loved the frames.
Too cute. I love those types of frames because they are like half statue/figurine with a frame in it! They are great.
The creme brulee was really good.
It looks really good. That whole bakery is just amazing:thumbsup2

Sounds like a nice time in France, great pictures!

Thanks! I had a lot of fun.

Ooh, creme brulee! I loved the one at Chefs de France, but it's nice to know I could get a pretty good one without eating there :P It's delicious, but not an expense we go for every trip.

Can't believe it took your family so long to get to Epcot! Though I have to say, the bus system can be a bit confusing, and if you get on the wrong one you could be in a bit of trouble. Glad they were able to make it eventually :)

I'm a fan of creme brulee, too. Thankfully, I didn't have to splurge because at les halles you can get a perfect portion for under $5 or a snack credit ;) nothing beats the made-to-order restaurant kind, but it's nice to know Disney has an "economic creme brulee to go" :rotfl:

I'm not sure why it took my parents so long to get back to Epcot, but I kind of blame myself. They're usually lost at WDW without me. The Epcot buses shared a bus stop with either a waterpark or downtown disney, so my theory is that they got on one of those buses instead (which is absolutely something my family would do), and that's what messed them up. Still... two hours :sad2:

I love the pictures in this update - so pretty!:goodvibes

I find that most merchandise in Disney is tempting....:rotfl:

Too cute. I love those types of frames because they are like half statue/figurine with a frame in it! They are great.

It looks really good. That whole bakery is just amazing:thumbsup2

Aww, thank you :cutie: I tried my hardest to capture the beauty of France on my iPhone, glad to see you liked it!

Okay, true. Pretty much all merchandise in Disney is tempting. :lovestruc

Right? I wonder if they had any with Ariel. If I had seen one, I probably would have taken it to college with me.

It tasted really good too ;) isn't Les Halles just to die for??? :lovestruc

Manatees & Margaritas

Our first stop as a family having fun in Epcot was The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

IMG_2662_zpsqsavyr9w.jpg

I love this! The seagulls were always my favorite part of the movie.

First we went on The Seas. Let me just say that the ride itself is pretty cool. I love how they mix the animation with the real fish tank. But can we talk about how long and convoluted the queue is? The queue is a mile long and the ride itself is always a walk-on. I'm not an expert in zoning and planning, but I feel like there might be a better use for at least the first half of the space the queue takes up.

Then we explored the area just a little bit more. Look at these wittle babies!!!

IMG_2664_zpsdbixk0dp.jpg

IMG_2665_zpsiosvyxrq.jpg

There was a very knowledgeable DCP CM at the area who told us all about the manatees, their history, and how they had been rescued and are currently being rehabilitated (my photos don't show it, but both of their tails were damaged. One was scraped a little bit, but the other was really bad and had most of her tail missing :( ). I thought what she did was super cool, and it got me thinking about what job I would have if I was accepted into the DCP. Sidenote, I think I'm going to apply for the Fall 2016 program? I want to get it out of the way early (or at least start applying early) so that A). I have a better chance of getting in if I don't get in and have opportunities to keep reapplying, and B). I'll have a chance to make up any missed credits later on.

We had a Soarin' FP+ after that.

IMG_2668_zpsc8xy1hcu.jpg

It was just as amazing the second time around as it was the first time around that day!

My parents weren't feeling up to our FP+ for the Character Spot M&G. I can't say I blame them, they had a rough day. My mother's literal only dream for this trip was go get a margarita in Mexico, so I allowed them to go to the Mexico pavilion without an eye-roll over missing a FP+.

I headed over to the gutted Innovations building next to the Character Spot and sat down next to an outlet. A CM came along.

"Do you mind if I charge my phone here?" I asked.

"Absolutely!...I was totally gonna scare you and be all 'Hey! You can't charge that here!' but you caught me." He laughed. I kinda love CMs like that.

I journal-ed for a bit and let my phone charge.

Here's a photo of my purchases from Japan!

IMG_2669_zpslx5sncla.jpg

And here's a nice shot of the monorail.

IMG_2671_zpswzapa8yn.jpg

I sat there for... I want to say 30-45 minutes? Resting my feet, enjoying myself, writing, checking social media, etc. Then I decided I should probably start heading back to Mexico with the family.

I stopped at Starbucks for some water first.

IMG_2673_zpsvbdutytw.jpg

Don't you just love the design on the cups?!?!?

So then as I was walking to Mexico I saw this little bear coming in from a M&G.

IMG_2675_zpsivcjugxg.jpg

His attendant said something like, "Duffy has to come inside for a cookie now!!" Which was super cute.

It wasn't long before I made it to Mexico. I texted Grace to see where the family was, and she said that they were "in the pyramid thingie".

Now, up and until that point, I thought that the pyramid only had the ride and restaurant inside. I'm serious. I had never seen photos of the inside of it otherwise, so I was a little confused.

So my jaw kinda dropped when I was greeted with all of this.

IMG_2694_zpsohbl71j9.jpg

IMG_2695_zpsp9hoezam.jpg

IMG_2696_zpsye5hos99.jpg

SERIOUSLY... HOW???? It's SO gorgeous!!! I have to make it a point to spend more time there next time.

They couldn't find a margarita inside (or maybe they could but it was too crowded so they left, I'm not really sure what the story was), so they walked back outside and got one outside. My mom sat and drank it for a little bit.

Then we made our way to Germany so that we could get stuff from Karamell-Kuche. There was a really cute guy serving popcorn behind the counter named Tim. S/O Tim, I'll never forget you. My mom got popcorn and I got a cookie.

IMG_2703_zpshqo1ijl3.jpg

I obviously didn't eat it until later that night because dinner was approaching, but I seem to remember it being very good.

They was some lovely music in the background, and my parents started dancing.

IMG_2704_zpsrdeeojmx.jpg

Then we arrived in Italy for our bella notte in Rome!

Last edited:
Our first stop as a family having fun in Epcot was The Seas with Nemo and Friends.
Love that ride. Turtle talk with crush is always fun too, that was a big hit with my friends...
The queue is a mile long and the ride itself is always a walk-on.
Yeah I know what you mean!
There was a very knowledgeable DCP CM at the area who told us all about the manatees,
They are soooo cute!!!:lovestruc
I thought what she did was super cool, and it got me thinking about what job I would have if I was accepted into the DCP. Sidenote, I think I'm going to apply for the Fall 2016 program?
I want to get it out of the way early (or at least start applying early) so that A). I have a better chance of getting in if I don't get in and have opportunities to keep reapplying, and B). I'll have a chance to make up any missed credits later on.
Speaking about the DCP, I don't know when I'm going to apply for it, I still have to see, but that is a really good idea. Oh my gosh I just thought of something, wouldn't it be totally AMAZING if we both were accepted for the DCP during the same semester?!?! :jumping1:I would die. I just think it would be so cool knowing someone in the program while there!!!:goodvibes
I stopped at Starbucks for some water first.
Don't you just love the design on the cups?!?!?
They are the best! It just makes drinking out of that Starbucks cup that much better!:thumbsup2

Love that ride. Turtle talk with crush is always fun too, that was a big hit with my friends...

Yeah I know what you mean!

They are soooo cute!!!:lovestruc

Speaking about the DCP, I don't know when I'm going to apply for it, I still have to see, but that is a really good idea. Oh my gosh I just thought of something, wouldn't it be totally AMAZING if we both were accepted for the DCP during the same semester?!?! :jumping1:I would die. I just think it would be so cool knowing someone in the program while there!!!:goodvibes

They are the best! It just makes drinking out of that Starbucks cup that much better!:thumbsup2

Turtle Talk with Crush is something I missed this time around. Next time for sure! We went in 2014 (or maybe 2010?) and it was a lot of fun.

Yeah, I think Disney was anticipating a bigger response for the ride so the queue is now ridiculous.

Aren't they adorable???

It would be RIDICULOUS if we were in the same DCP together. Oh my gosh, it has to happen. Fingers crossed!!! Good luck to you whenever you choose to apply!!!

They're the cutest cups eveeeeeer.

What a fun update! Love that photo of your parents dancing, so sweet :goodvibes

Thank you!!! I saved that photo for my parents anniversary and then posted it on instagram ;)

Yeah, I think Disney was anticipating a bigger response for the ride so the queue is now ridiculous.
Maybe they will be adding something extra there in the future. EPCOT does need more attractions. Because when the Frozen ride opens, that will probably be an INSANE wait:scared1: We shall see though...:scratchin
It would be RIDICULOUS if we were in the same DCP together. Oh my gosh, it has to happen. Fingers crossed!!! Good luck to you whenever you choose to apply!!!
Fingers crossed for me too... we will have to keep each other updated about when we apply/when we go, ect. Best of luck to you too:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter