nationwide flex debit card

michelle8671

<font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I
I have opened a nationwide flex account and have the debit card. Apparently I won't be charged to use my money ahile abroad, although some shops do charge if you use it. Has anyone have any experience using this card in florida / WDW?

Hi,

I use the Debit card for taking cash out at the ATMs but have never used it in a shop.

I do use the Nationwide Credit card, which is also a Visa card, in shops and not been charged so I wouldn't have thought you'd be charged for the Debit card.

If someone is going to charge you just nip to the nearest ATM (there's bound to be one close by) and take the cash out - you'll not be charged for that.

Thank you for your reply. A nationwide cashier told me that sometimes shops will convert the money from pounds to dollars and that how we get charged and there is nothing nationwide can do about that. If the shop takes dollars from the card there is not charge. To be on the safe side I think I will take money from the ATM's on a daily basis.

Is it cold in Edinburgh? We have had loads of snow down here in Cornwall, children that could get home yesterday were sent home, others had to stay at the school!! Yesterday we were snowed in :( uneard of for me as we live near the coast. I haven't seen snow like this since I were a child. It could have waited until christmas.

Best place to get cash from an atm is publix.There are no fees for removing monney from these machines,bit like our link network.If you go to a chargeing machine take out the maximum you can as which would be what you can withdraw in uk in£ multiplyed by $. If max you can withdraw in uk is £250.00 the max you can withdraw in States would be $430.00 at todays rates so if there is a charge for using machine it is no more than $2.00.Would advice that you buy in shops with CC or cash but not with debit card
Paulh

I work for Nationwide and can confirm that you will not be charged for using your card abroad. Nationwide never charges its customers to use their card - if you are charged a fee it will be either the ATM provider or the shop making that charge and not Nationwide. Hope this helps.

I have used a Nationwide card the last 3 visits and never been charged, I don't know why anyone would use anything else and pay needless charges for taking your own money out??????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!