National Lampoon's Fun w/Dis Friends 2010!! ~ DAY 7-Final :( 6/27

I totally screwed up the 2 weeks from today thing so now it's 1 week from today. :rotfl2:

1 week from today is our driving day. (yes, I already said that one) But I have found a neat little local restaurant for us to try out this trip. We always do the BBQ place. It's time to branch out a little. This one has Mexican food and margarita's!

No, we did NOT add on already. We are still recovering from the initial purchase. :lmao: We just love OKW. We've stayed there every single trip but one since DS has been born. I would have liked to get my points at OKW just because but they weren't offering the promo for OKW. Anyway, my point is...I love OKW and I feel like over the past 6 years I've given them PLENTY enough money to add a pic of it to my siggie. Points or no points. :thumbsup2

Sounds like good reasoning to me!

Wow, Blue.... so sorry to hear about the 50s PTC experience. Your explanation of your future fears brought a lump to my throat... it can be so scary to think about that kind of stuff, but it DOES need to be thought about, unfortunately. Glad the Kona chef confirmed your beliefs. (Did you give DH an 'I TOLD YOU SO' look or what?);)

Fun karate pictures! Sure hope I get to meet you and Jordan someday!:flower3:

4665970791_19007178dd.jpg

4666595822_54492e13b8.jpg

4665967631_d9755a54a1.jpg

4666592278_3d55b167e6.jpg

4666597342_2207119fb7.jpg

My score....
4665966575_2575a246bb.jpg

After our ride, the group decided to see what the standby line was like at RockNRollercoaster! Along the way, we met up with Wendy,Derek and the kids. About that time Chip & Dale came out for pics & autographs! The kids ran over to get a pic taken with them. They had such a good time together! Next time maybe we will all be there when it's warmer and the kiddo's can all play together at the pool or something. I just can't stress how much fun it was to be there the same time as other people you know. Even if you don't spend every moment together, it's nice to have someone to meet up with from time to time and share in the fun!

The line at RNRC was not long at all. Jordan, Cherie(winkers) and I rode together and then DH rode with DJay, I think?? Or maybe Jordan rode a 2nd time. I can't remember. Here is mine, Jordan, & Cherie's picture from RNRC...... (i'm posting this one larger since I had rednecked it...)
4665966095_d0e1cc6fb4_b.jpg

How's that for excitement???!!!! :rotfl2: We had a blast. The anticipation of the take off always makes me nervous
4665973471_acaf327965.jpg

one of the CM's little stations...
4666599998_6f99663fdd.jpg

4667521210_99f7cb578a_b.jpg

Ok, ok.... laugh all you want! For the record, I was scared as hell but I WAS NOT crying. I just look like I am. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously, it really wasn't THAT bad. Just not really my cup of tea.

Up next.......lunch at 50's primetime and a bad reaction![/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah, I'm laughing!!!!!! OMG so funny! SOOOOO behind right now, my life's been crazy goodbad so I felt the need to hop onto the DisExpress! Thanx gurrrl! The pic of you girls doing a little kung foo on Jordy is awesome!

Sounds like good reasoning to me!

:thumbsup2

Wow, Blue.... so sorry to hear about the 50s PTC experience. Your explanation of your future fears brought a lump to my throat... it can be so scary to think about that kind of stuff, but it DOES need to be thought about, unfortunately. Glad the Kona chef confirmed your beliefs. (Did you give DH an 'I TOLD YOU SO' look or what?);)

Fun karate pictures! Sure hope I get to meet you and Jordan someday!:flower3:

:rotfl: NO, I gave DH the "I told you so look" after I gave DS the benadryl.

I hope to meet you someday soon too!!! Maybe our trips will cross before 2012. :rotfl2:

4665970791_19007178dd.jpg

4666595822_54492e13b8.jpg

4665967631_d9755a54a1.jpg

4666592278_3d55b167e6.jpg

4666597342_2207119fb7.jpg

My score....
4665966575_2575a246bb.jpg

After our ride, the group decided to see what the standby line was like at RockNRollercoaster! Along the way, we met up with Wendy,Derek and the kids. About that time Chip & Dale came out for pics & autographs! The kids ran over to get a pic taken with them. They had such a good time together! Next time maybe we will all be there when it's warmer and the kiddo's can all play together at the pool or something. I just can't stress how much fun it was to be there the same time as other people you know. Even if you don't spend every moment together, it's nice to have someone to meet up with from time to time and share in the fun!

The line at RNRC was not long at all. Jordan, Cherie(winkers) and I rode together and then DH rode with DJay, I think?? Or maybe Jordan rode a 2nd time. I can't remember. Here is mine, Jordan, & Cherie's picture from RNRC...... (i'm posting this one larger since I had rednecked it...)
4665966095_d0e1cc6fb4_b.jpg

How's that for excitement???!!!! :rotfl2: We had a blast. The anticipation of the take off always makes me nervous
4665973471_acaf327965.jpg

one of the CM's little stations...
4666599998_6f99663fdd.jpg

4667521210_99f7cb578a_b.jpg

Ok, ok.... laugh all you want! For the record, I was scared as hell but I WAS NOT crying. I just look like I am. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously, it really wasn't THAT bad. Just not really my cup of tea.

Up next.......lunch at 50's primetime and a bad reaction!

Yeah yeah, I'm laughing!!!!!! OMG so funny! SOOOOO behind right now, my life's been crazy goodbad so I felt the need to hop onto the DisExpress! Thanx gurrrl! The pic of you girls doing a little kung foo on Jordy is awesome![/QUOTE]

:rotfl2: Glad I could make you smile! I hope everything is okay with you guys. :hug:

Loved the pix Blue !!! I have been in Lake George for 4 days came home yesterday to Judy in the hospital and today emergency surgery !! Praise the Lord she is recovering very well and may be home tomorrow !!
Now for my good news I am going to Disney October 14th thru 19th !!!:banana::banana::banana:I have my FREE trip:banana::banana::banana: Will be staying at Pop most likely!! We passed our first trip with flying colors and were immediately offered the Disney trip!! I already have the trip basicly planned Do ya think I was getting ahead of myself:lmao::lmao:Once I knew Judy was Okay the Disney trip hit me full force and I am one happy camper !!

Loved the pix Blue !!! I have been in Lake George for 4 days came home yesterday to Judy in the hospital and today emergency surgery !! Praise the Lord she is recovering very well and may be home tomorrow !!
Now for my good news I am going to Disney October 14th thru 19th !!!:banana::banana::banana:I have my FREE trip:banana::banana::banana: Will be staying at Pop most likely!! We passed our first trip with flying colors and were immediately offered the Disney trip!! I already have the trip basicly planned Do ya think I was getting ahead of myself:lmao::lmao:Once I knew Judy was Okay the Disney trip hit me full force and I am one happy camper !!

Oh no, Rosie!!! What happened with Judy?? Glad that she is recovering well....but oh my, how scary!!!

So glad you had a good trip to Lake George. And the fact that you are getting the Disney trip is AWESOME!!! One thing is for sure, anyone that goes with you definitely has a good Disney tour guide. :thumbsup2

1 week from today......

Ahhh, forget it!!! I give up. :rotfl2: I can't seem to keep up with this plus, laundry, plus packing, plus finishing THIS trip report. Stay tuned after this TR for a TR on the June trip. The only thing I can remember about what's happening 1 week from today is that Glenn & family are checking into AKL!! I can't remember where we are going or what we are doing this day. :lmao: I don't have my itenerary sitting next to me. Oh well.

I will be doing another update tonight for this TR. MUST-GET-IT-DONE-BEFORE-NEXT-TRIP!!

1 week from today......

Ahhh, forget it!!! I give up. :rotfl2: I can't seem to keep up with this plus, laundry, plus packing, plus finishing THIS trip report.

You're too funny! :rotfl2:

Stay tuned after this TR for a TR on the June trip. The only thing I can remember about what's happening 1 week from today is that Glenn & family are checking into AKL!!

I'm glad you remember that much of the plan!

For dinner we headed over to the Yacht Club to try out Captain's Grille. After all that happened earlier in the day I was leary about DS eating in another restaurant. So we headed down to the Conch Flats market at OKW and found sandwich supplies and a couple cans of ravioli and spaghetti O's. Before we headed out to Captain's Grille, we made DS a grilled cheese sandwich. I packed him a few snacks that I knew were safe and we headed to the Yacht Club. I will tell you that during this trip we wasted WAAAY too much money on the dining plan since we did not use it for DS's lunch for the last 2 days as well as a table service. We also came home not having used SEVERAL snack credits. I was so freaked out about the food issue that I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. With the exception of Kona on our last night, I made DS's food for the rest of the trip.

About to head into Captain's Grille....
4665957873_5ac1b933c6.jpg

After Captain's Grille, in the Yacht Club lobby. Waiting for DH to come out of the restroom so we could go explore the Boardwalk!! This was our first time.
4666579820_6b71b1268c.jpg

4665962197_d7e0410caf.jpg

Once again it was FREEZING outside. We bundled up the best we could and took a leisurely stroll down the boardwalk. I snapped only a few pic's before we noticed a DVC model room open. We went inside and this time DH started asking tons of questions. I pretty much knew right then that this time I was going to have to be the voice of reason within our little family. That is not good when it comes to ANYTHING Disney. :rotfl: Needless to say, we spent a decent amount of time there talking and asking questions. We made an appointment for the next morning to take the proper DVC tour. BESIDES, if we take the tour we get a $100 gift card!! What's not to like about that?? :rolleyes1

4666586998_a337958301.jpg

4666586522_b5c24bbc8a.jpg

4666587530_319aa0d4ef.jpg

After our tour around the Boardwalk, we headed back to the Yacht Club where we were parked and talked about DVC the entire way.

After leaving the Boardwalk we headed over to POP to meet up with Rosie, Jordan, Winkers, & DJay. We arrived before everyone else and spent some time shopping the gift shop where we got a few gifts for DS's teacher. We strolled the lobby where I took pictures of all the shaddow boxes with memories from the past. I LOVE THESE!!!! I spent so much time looking at these and laughing. Here are a few from the 1970's & 1980's. I remember all of these things growing up.....

4686872588_1db5a460dd.jpg

4686236331_8e6b459a4b.jpg

4686872046_60f13a32c6_b.jpg

4686234751_9f7e9d8de1.jpg

Oh how I miss my Atari and the days when games were simple!!
4686871432_056c5c56a8.jpg

4686870796_a8a1fa087b.jpg

4686870078_ec0216f9f3.jpg

4686235787_7d29764520.jpg

4686868412_bec27ea208.jpg

We were to meet everyone at Petals pool bar but it was FREEZING!!! We got a cocktail and all headed to Rosie's room for a little while. Winkers had a gift back for DS with TONS of stuff in it!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. It kept DS busy on the way home and then some. Again...Thanks so much to Cherie and DJay for that!!!:hug:

The funny part was my gift.....a bottle of ALL detergent!! :rotfl2: If you read my pre-trip report you know why this is hilarious!!
4686240921_f38d59e48a.jpg

We all chatted and laughed for a while. We had fun discussing different heritages and such. After a while DS was sooo tired so we said our goodbyes and headed out. This was Rosie's last night and I think maybe Winkers too(??) It's always sad when people have to start leaving! We gave Jordan a ride to the Boardwalk so he could go visit with his friend Matt. We then went back to OKW and hit the hay.

The next morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and talked a bit about DVC and whether or not it is a good choice for us. Eventually it became time for us to catch the cool red van over to Saratoga Springs where they have model rooms set up for you to look at. It is really cool walking down a hall and going from Animal Kingdom to Bay Lake Tower in just a few steps. We spent a lot more time on the tour than we had anticipated. We talked to our guide and at the time we did not buy. We said we'd go home and think about it. We still got free ice cream before we left, plus our $100 gift card and our picture taken. As you all know by now, it only took 2 days upon returning home for me to call the guide and buy into Animal Kingdom Lodge. The special promotion they were running was just too good to pass up. The normal price per point was $112 and we got it for $97. We also got a years worth of extra points. NOT BAD!!!! :cheer2:

After the tour I believe we headed over to Magic Kingdom. DS said he wanted to ride Barnstormer so I believe that is the first thing we rode.

Up next......is this our last ride on Barnstormer, ever??

Oh the lure of DVC! I know it well! And we weren't even at Disney when it bit me. :rotfl2:

It's great to read your purchasing story.

We've really enjoyed our walks on the Boardwalk. I'm glad you had time for this too. Love the pictures you took at Pop. I could spend hours looking at all the boxes, so many memories. Your visit with the gang sounds like so much fun. I bet they loved your accent. Since I grew up in BR I don't have an accent.:sad2: I don't sound truly southern either.

I didn't know they had the rooms all set up like that. I was thinking you would have to drive to each resort to see what they different resorts look like. That's really neat. You're so lucky you're DVC now. You can always be planning your next trip.

Don"t blame you for making ds meals for rest of the trip. am sure it was scary after your experience at Prime time :goodvibes

What a great stash of goodies that DS got..

How cool they have models of different DVC at one resort..always thought u had to go from resort to resort to see each one :goodvibes

Once again, congrats on your buy in! Lots of happy years coming up as a family!! YAY!!!

Oh the lure of DVC! I know it well! And we weren't even at Disney when it bit me. :rotfl2:

It's great to read your purchasing story.

:rotfl2: I had to wait for it to bite DH. It bit me a long time ago, I just couldn't make the numbers convincing enough for him for some reason. :confused3

We've really enjoyed our walks on the Boardwalk. I'm glad you had time for this too. Love the pictures you took at Pop. I could spend hours looking at all the boxes, so many memories. Your visit with the gang sounds like so much fun. I bet they loved your accent. Since I grew up in BR I don't have an accent.:sad2: I don't sound truly southern either.

I didn't know they had the rooms all set up like that. I was thinking you would have to drive to each resort to see what they different resorts look like. That's really neat. You're so lucky you're DVC now. You can always be planning your next trip.
We loved the Boardwalk. We are taking time to do it again this trip.

POP is just such a fun themed place! I really liked it. Wish I could have seen more of it but it was just too darn cold!!!!

I can't remember if they said anything about the accent. I've met each of them before so I think they were sort of prepared for my southern-ness. :lmao: I did get to explain the words "lagniappe" and the phrase "laissez les bon temp rouler". Which is so funny because it is now your TR title. :rotfl: At least they were prepared when they saw it! :thumbsup2 I also enlightened them a bit on having very cajun parents & grand parents and what childhood was like on the bayou. :teacher: There were some laugh's it was fun and nice to get to visit.

Don"t blame you for making ds meals for rest of the trip. am sure it was scary after your experience at Prime time :goodvibes

What a great stash of goodies that DS got..

How cool they have models of different DVC at one resort..always thought u had to go from resort to resort to see each one :goodvibes

This trip is going to be totally different from all trips of the past. This time I'm cooking dinner for most of our nights, and packing DS's lunch every day. Hopefully this will take some of the stress off and we can go back to focusing on FUN.

I thought that about the DVC models too! It was really neat to see.

Once again, congrats on your buy in! Lots of happy years coming up as a family!! YAY!!!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Well, we leave tomorrow!!!!! :cool1: I'm about to go do my last round on the treadmill and then hopefully tonight I can finish this TR if I have time after throwing the last bit of stuff in the suitcases. :thumbsup2

Be careful driving! Honk as you drive through, the closest exit to us would be Airline Hwy. Have a great trip and take lots of pictures.

Have a super vacation Blue !!! Your Slow cooker roast soubnds GOOD!!!I am so busy still with all the happenings the last couple of weeks !!Judy is doing okay , she is in pain and tired but is up and about and of course doing more than she should !!! She plans to go back to work on Monday .. too soon I think but Miss Stubborn wont listen so I tape my mouth shut:rotfl2:

I am super excited about October and my freee trip !! I don't get a salary but my airfare, resort, park tickets and food and tips are free !! We also get money for any extras that we need !! The Director we deal with hadn't heard of Garden Grocer or PhotoPass !!!:rotfl2: I plan on using GG for breakfast stuff that's perishable and mail down cereal and some park snax !! I am planning out the days , have to be quite leisurely as not sure how much walking they can do!! Will be posting on my TR about it too !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter