Natalie & Phil's Oct 25th Wishes Wedding TR: Vendor reviews at last!! :)

PinkSleepingBeauty

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Well, I thought it was about time I bit the bullet and finally got a move on with this Planning Journal! It's been on the list for some time now but you know how it is and how time flies and hey, better late than never! Firstly I'd just like to say a big thanks to eveyone on these boards, you are all so helpful.

So......I'm Natalie and I'm engaged to Phil, we're from England. We've been together for twelve (yes you read that correctly, I said twelve) years now. We met when I was 16 and we were just friends for quite some time before we got together and I think that really helped us. Phil is my best friend in the world.

My love of Disney began when I first visited Orlando with my parents when I was ten. We actually saw a couple having their wedding photos taken in the GF during that trip and that was it for me, the Disney Wedding Dream began there and then! Many trips and years later, the dream never died and during our visit in September 2009 Phil made the dream start to become a reality when he proposed at the Magic Kingdom after Wishes :) He had planned to propose on our 11 year anniversary which was the next day but Wishes were not on that night, so he had to move the plan a day forward. As soon as work out how to post pictures I will post one of the ring!!

We began to plan for a wedding about two years from when we got engaged and we eventually decided on October 25th 2011 as this fell during the English school Autumn holidays. Phil has a nephew and niece and his Best Man has two kids the same age and this meant they wouldn't miss any/much school time.

So what have we got planned so far you ask? Well, we are booked for 12.00pm at the Wedding Pavilion with a reception to follow at the Whitehall Room & Patio and a Dessert Party at the GF Marina. I have booked the Landau Coach and Calypso Trio! We have a Magic Kingdom photoshoot scheduled for the following Saturday (4 days after the wedding, but hey, it's another excuse to get the dress on again!). I have also booked Beaute Speciale for Hair and Makeup for both days.

We decided to book an outside photographer and thanks to Wendy's (WeeDee) fabulous photos and glowing review we have booked Jason Angelini. His work is wonderful and they have been so lovely during all communications.

I'm currenty debating videography....Girls, what do you think? It's another expense? Did you find it worth it? Any recommendations?

And last but by no means least........I have chosen my dress!!! :cool1: I'm a little worried about posting pics/too much info as Phil is a disboard member too and I don't want him to see it or find out which dress it is. All I will say is it by an English designer called Jenny Packham.

Ooooh, I almost forgot, we have chosen our colours: We are thinking Pink and Aqua!!

Well, I think that's it for now, hope I haven't rambled on for too long and sent you to sleep. I will update again soon. Now to work out how to upload photos.... :laughing:

Laters xxx

Congratulations and Welcome!

Your proposal story is really sweet. I look forward to reading along and seeing your plans.

Welcome! So excited about your plans and can't wait to read more!!

I would definitely try to get a videographer. I was like you and really questioned it but from what I've heard, it's one thing that people end up regretting later. We're not doing ours through Disney either since its ridiculously more expensive. We're using Apex Media in Orlando and they have a TON of package options. For me, I just want a professional to capture the day so our kids can see it one day. The extras that some other companies throw in to jack up the price just doesn't seem worth it.

I'll be following along!

Yeahy excited to read more - from another uk bride :)

I LOVE Jenny Packham!!!!!!!

Oh yay, people are reading! Thanks!!!!

Congratulations and Welcome!

Your proposal story is really sweet. I look forward to reading along and seeing your plans.

Thank you for reading, more to come soon.

Welcome! So excited about your plans and can't wait to read more!!

I would definitely try to get a videographer. I was like you and really questioned it but from what I've heard, it's one thing that people end up regretting later. We're not doing ours through Disney either since its ridiculously more expensive. We're using Apex Media in Orlando and they have a TON of package options. For me, I just want a professional to capture the day so our kids can see it one day. The extras that some other companies throw in to jack up the price just doesn't seem worth it.

I'll be following along!

Thank you for your advice and for reading, very much appreciated.

Yeahy excited to read more - from another uk bride :)

I LOVE Jenny Packham!!!!!!!
Hi to a fellow UK Bride! Thank you for reading too! I knew I wanted a Jenny Packham dress, I just love them and I'm a bit in love with my dress too :goodvibes

Congratz on your engagement! You plans sound great :) I swoon over Jenny Packham's designs!!! They are just so darn expensive, I totally would have went with something from that collection if I could have. I can't wait to see what dress you chose. Can't wait to follow along :)

Congratz on your engagement! You plans sound great :) I swoon over Jenny Packham's designs!!! They are just so darn expensive, I totally would have went with something from that collection if I could have. I can't wait to see what dress you chose. Can't wait to follow along :)

Thank you so much for your wishes and for following along! Will be updating with more plans soon. :goodvibes

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We actually get married on 11/1/11 but will flying to Disney 10/29...very close to you, I will subscribe to your thread to share ideas!!!

Did you set up a Magic Kingdom shoot?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We actually get married on 11/1/11 but will flying to Disney 10/29...very close to you, I will subscribe to your thread to share ideas!!!

Did you set up a Magic Kingdom shoot?

Hi! Thank you! Congratulations to you too, I will be popping over to your PJ too! Yes we have a Magic Kingdom shoot booked, the same day you are flying to Disney :) Looking forward to hearing your ideas and plans too.

Hi! Thank you! Congratulations to you too, I will be popping over to your PJ too! Yes we have a Magic Kingdom shoot booked, the same day you are flying to Disney :) Looking forward to hearing your ideas and plans too.

Yeah someone else who is doing the MK shoot too! Who set it up with you? I have Karen and she is wonderful! She said if I see pictures I like I can email them to her and she will make sure my photographer has them when we head out for the shots! I have one shot I am doing where I sit on the bridge going to the castle with my pink shoes out )to contrast the wedding dress) and on the bottoms of the shoes say "I Do"

:cloud9: Ohhhh I cannot wait! It will be great to share ideas!

Welcome!!! Your plans sound great so far :thumbsup2 and congrats on the engagement!! Your wedding day is exactly one month from mine :)

CONGRATS! :yay:

I'm an October Wishes Bride myself! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! :-)

Hiya and congrats from another UK bride! Your plans sound great so far! I love your colours too! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing more! :goodvibes

Good job on starting your PJ! And you're getting married just two days before our VR ... yay for October brides! :goodvibes

It sounds like you've got a good bit worked out already. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Yeah someone else who is doing the MK shoot too! Who set it up with you? I have Karen and she is wonderful! She said if I see pictures I like I can email them to her and she will make sure my photographer has them when we head out for the shots! I have one shot I am doing where I sit on the bridge going to the castle with my pink shoes out )to contrast the wedding dress) and on the bottoms of the shoes say "I Do"

:cloud9: Ohhhh I cannot wait! It will be great to share ideas!

When is your MK Shoot? My planner is Meri, she has been great so far :)

Welcome!!! Your plans sound great so far :thumbsup2 and congrats on the engagement!! Your wedding day is exactly one month from mine :)
Thanks! I look forward to hearing your plans too! :goodvibes

CONGRATS! :yay:

I'm an October Wishes Bride myself! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! :-)
Yay for October! Thanks for reading! :)

Hiya and congrats from another UK bride! Your plans sound great so far! I love your colours too! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing more! :goodvibes
Hi to another UK Bride! Thank you for your reply! More to come! :)

Good job on starting your PJ! And you're getting married just two days before our VR ... yay for October brides! :goodvibes

It sounds like you've got a good bit worked out already. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
Hi! Yes I thought it was about time! I'd try to spy your wedding but if I remember right yours in Epcot early? Thanks for joining in :thumbsup2

When is your MK Shoot? My planner is Meri, she has been great so far :)

Hi! Yes I thought it was about time! I'd try to spy your wedding but if I remember right yours in Epcot early? Thanks for joining in :thumbsup2

Meri is our planner, too! :) We're very happy with her, and her assistant Alix has been great to work with, too.

I'd love for you to spy, but yes, you're right, we'll be in Italy before Epcot opens on Thursday.

Yay, we got our signed contract and AP vouchers in the post, along with a lovely little note from Bill, our sales consultant. :goodvibes

I've been busy designing our invites which I'm hoping to post on here shortly :)

Sorry for the delay in updating! The perils of a busy work schedule!

So, got a few more things to tick off our list! :cool1:

1.We have our flights all booked, 14 of us will be flying out to Orlando together, which I think will be really nice :) We are all staying for 3 weeks then we all fly home together.

2. Our hotels are all booked. Phil, my parents and I are staying on International Drive the week before the wedding at The Castle Hotel. My parents will be staying on I-Drive for the following two weeks. Phil's parents are staying in a Villa, along with Phil's best man and his family.) Phil and I and my parents are staying at the Grand Floridian the night before and the night of the wedding. I'm quite excited about this, always wanted to stay at the GF!
After the wedding Phil and I will go and stay with his family at the villa for the remainder of the week before going on our Honeymoon.....................

3. Ah yes, the Honeymoon. I'm pleased to say this is all booked too! We are going on a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean :cool1: We looked into a Disney Cruise but sadly the dates didn't fall quite right, clashing with our MK Shoot (no way was I missing that baby! :laughing:)

4. We have Pastor Kirk Bane booked as our Officiant. Pastor Kirk was Officiant at a good friend of mines wedding so he came highly recommened. So far he has been really lovely to deal with.

5. And last but by no means least I have booked Beaute Speciale for hair and make up for both the wedding day and our MK shoot. I briefly debated doing my own hair and makeup for the MK shoot and quickly came to my senses. The make up I could possibly (and I use that word loosely) get away with doing myself...my hair....not so much.

Think that's everything. Got the planning session all scheduled, invitations almost done (promise I will get those posted up here asap!). We still need to organise suits for the guys but will leave that for a while.

Sorry, just realised i've been going on for a while! Hope you are still awake? If so, thanks for reading!

Coming soon: Pictures (I promise!)

Nat xxx :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter