Nassau excursion with a 5 year old, which one did you do?

msbinky

Earning My Ears
I am still trying to decide which shore excursion for our cruise in Nassau. I think the Thriller Powerboat and the Catamaran snorkling look like fun but am afraid that my 5 year old is to young. This is the minimum age for both. Any one have a five year old? What excursions would you do?

Bumping up this question...
I am curious about this too. Will have a 5 yr old by the time we go on our 4-night Wonder cruise.
Is there an excursion that WILL allow you to use the pools/slides,not just the beach at Atlantis?
Thanks!

We did the Stingray Encounter on Blue Lagoon with our 5 year old. The beach is nice and calm and the stingray encounter was fun. He gets a life vest and a snorkel and mask for the stingray encounter. Our son son just used the mask, held onto us, and when the stingrays would swim by he would hold his breath and look under the water with his mask. We didn't bother with the snorkel. Some kids were scared of the stingrays but my son enjoyed it. They serve you lunch on this excursion as well and you have a choice of a couple different return times which is nice if you have kids who still nap.

Just did the catamaran at Nassau last week. My 7 year old struggled to like it. Water was still quite cold and she could never feel comfortable with the mask. Your time in the water is only 1 hour and the entire trip is less than three hours. It is quite beautiful and fun for first time snorkelers. Just remember as an adult you may not have as much time snorkeling if you're dealing with your five year old. That one hour goes by very very very fast.

We are leaving April 3 on the Wonder and we are planning on going to the Ardasta ( not sure of the spelling!) Gardens and Zoo. We are not doing the disney excursion - too pricey. The cost of the zoo is 12.00 for adults and 6.00 for kids. Sounds like a neat place and the kids can pet some of the animals. Just an idea.
Penny

We went on the 3/3 Wonder and chose the Dolphin Encounter. It worked out well for us (we were traveling with children 3,6,8 &10) THere is a platform in the water that they stand on, too. We booked it directly thru the company,too. That saves you a bit of $$$ compared to Disney's price.

I will let you know how the Thriller excursion is.We will be on the Wonder April7th and hav booked this excursion. We have a 5 and a 7 yr old.Lisa :flower:

Hi--there is not an excursion that allows use of the pools at Atlantis. You can try to get a day room on the day you arrive (can't prebook in other words); seems like many have enjoyed that. They give you wristbands so you can use the pools all day; I'm not sure whether that includes aquarium admission too, or if you have to pay more for that.

We felt more comfortable with an excursion from Disney since we hadn't gone before, and chose the Atlantis Beach Day. It includes the aquarium, lunch, and towels and beach chairs at their private beach. It was really beautiful and our kids still talk about the beach! It doesn't include the pools, though. Our kids are 9 and 5 and they LOVED this excursion! :Pinkbounc

HTH
Amy

Howdy,
If your 5 year old likes fish, the glass bottom boat is pretty good. The boat is large enough they can move around a little, then you go down below and can see lots of tropical fish, easy for small kids to do. They even had a complimentary fruit punch you can have on the way back. Restrooms are on board too. I've heard the gardens and zoo is nice for little ones too. No matter what you do you will have a short walk to every excursion which is ok in the morning, but after excursions kids are tired and want to be carried so you may want to take a collaspable stroller (umbrella type works great) for the way back.
Have fun!
mom x4,grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter