NASA before or after cruise?

NJ Disney Fan

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

My fiance and I will be taking our first cruise ever for our honeymoon (Aug. 8, Western). Can't wait!

We'll be flying down to WDW on Monday the 3rd, and returning home on Sunday, the 16th. So that gives us 2 possible scenarios:

1. Go to the Space Center the day before the cruise, and get a room somewhere near the port. Then go back to WDW for one night after our cruise.

2. Visit the Space Center after the cruise, on the 15th, stay overnight near the port, and fly home on Sunday.

Do you all think it's just a matter of preference, or is there a benefit to either choice?

Also, how long do you think we should allot for visiting the Space Center?

Thanks so much for your advice!

We last cruised on the Jan 17th Eastern and we did Kennedy after our cruise. We debarked at 8:30, had the rental car picked up by 9:00 and were in Kennedy by 10:00. This worked well for us as the Kennedy experience and tour takes around 6-8 hours to do most everything and we were done what we wanted to see by 5pm. We did WDW before the cruise and did not want to leave a day earlier to tour Kennedy just in case we didn't really enjoy the space center. Again it is personal preference.

Of course it's personal preference, but if it was me...

After the cruise I would get a car and visit KSC. You practically have all day doing it this way, so you won't feel rushed or like you are missing anything.

After the space center, take a leisurely drive back to Orlando for one final dinner. Spend the night in a hotel near the airport (or, if within your budget, the Hyatt IN the airport) so you don't need to drive to the airport the next morning.

We too, did it after the cruise with 3 kids. We were able to take out time and see everything we wanted to see, then we drove back to Orlando and spent the night near the airport. My husband returned the rental that night and returned via the free hotel shuttle, saving us money by only having a 10 hour car rental instead of an overnight! Caught the hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning for our flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter