Narcosess - Dress code question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kehlyrsmom, Apr 18, 2010.

1. kehlyrsmom

kehlyrsmom Mouseketeer

I know Narcosess has a dress code, but are tennis shoes permitted? If so do you see many people wearing them? We have a dinner reservation for our Anniversary but I am not planning on taking anything real dressey to wear, a polo, dress shorts for my husband maybe a nice summer sweater and nice dress shorts for myself.

Just trying to decide if I should change our dinner reservations or not.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennaWest

JennaWest Mouseketeer

We wore dark jeans with tennis shoes and crocs.

4. dopeyone

dopeyone <font color=blue>I think it was 4 6 oz. glasses of

You'll be fine! I wore my crocs and my wife had tennis shoes...my kids i don't remember(nothing special though) there were more people dressed casually than not.

5. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

When we've been there we've seen people in shorts and polos and others in dresses or sport coats. It just depends on the individuals.

6. ancestry

ancestry Trees Without Roots Fall Over

The dress code description which is printed in the dining plan brochures doesn't say anything about the types of shoes that one can wear. I'm sure you will be fine. Even though the signature restaurants have a dress code it is still very casual and most people dress that way. From my experience those that dress up are in the minority.

We only bring Keens and flip flops with us on vacation so we will have to wear one or the other when we eat there. :)

7. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Tennis shoes are perfectly acceptable!!! Don't even give it another thought.

8. kehlyrsmom

kehlyrsmom Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was out shopping for some new clothes for our trip next month and it just suddenly popped into my head about the tennis shoes and wanted to make sure we would be OK.

9. GailT

GailT <font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag

I love this restaurant and always go straights from the park, jeans shirt and sneakers, no matter where I eat I do not go back to my room and dress up, I'm on vacation. :)

10. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I have, but that was for Victoria & Alberts. ;)

11. aidandmommy

aidandmommy Earning My Ears

We are going in May as well for our Anniversary and I am bringing sun-dresses and hubby shorts and polo and we are getting our potraits done there as well through Photo Pass? Any suggestions?

12. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Well thats nice to know we have an ADR for our anniversary in Sept! My DH is one who likes to dress up and will want to..so I bought a new dress for our dinner and new polo shirt and slacks for him.
    We arent going to the park that day, just taking it easy renting a boat and swimming so showering at our resort and going over to the GF dressed up THIS time wont be so bad..Can you tell Im trying to make myself feel better?? LOL

13. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

We are going there for the lst time for our anniv. in May too. I am glad to hear its casual. I hate getting dressed up.

14. christianweecare

christianweecare DIS Veteran

Do you think the casual dress as described above would work for Cali Grill, as well? We have ressies for both restaurants in Sept.

15. pickle's mom

pickle's mom Earning My Ears

We celebrated my mother's 70th birthday there and it was wonderful. I have to say the surf and turf was just ok but the Ahi tuna entree was INCREDIBLE. Sometimes I find the 'featured items' at the restaurants are mass produced and just ok. But, not a big complaint, just a personal observation.

Happy Anniversary and Enjoy!!

16. GailT

That would also be an exception for me too

17. GailT

Again I went in withwhat I was wearing in thepark, some people were dressed up and some dressed down like myself

18. Uncleromulus

The dress code is exactly the same for ALL the Signature restaurants.
    V&A of course has it's own dress code.

19. ancestry

ancestry Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Just as an FYI, the dress codes for the signature restaurants are as follows:

Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, short- or long-sleeved shirt with a
    collar or t-shirt required. Jackets are optional.

Ladies: Jeans, skirt, or dress shorts with blouse, sweater or t-shirt, or a dress required.

Not permitted: tank tops, swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs,
    or torn clothing of any kind

(Taken from the Dining Plan Brochure)

20. Jungle Cruiser

Jungle Cruiser DIS Veteran

Casual dress is appropriate for California Grill. It seems there are two schools of thought on the dress codes for dinner; some people like to go right from the park to the restaurant and others like to shower, change and get a bit more dressed up. Honestly, as long as you don't look like you just left the pool, you should be fine.

21. Uncleromulus

Ancestry: That's it, but there is also a prohibition against t-shirts with "offensive" words or pictures..
    And the key to it all is the "not permitted" portion.The rest is a "suggested code"--what they would like you to wear. But you will see all kinds of shorts (for instance) that probably would not fall in the category of "dress shorts".

And I am always puzzled about the "jacket optional" part--I could count on one hand the times I've seen a man in a jacket eating in a WDW restaurant.
    Why even mention it???