Narcoossees compared to red lobster?

JennyD23

Earning My Ears
I've read on the boards someone saying Narcoossees was similar to a red lobster...is this the case? I have adr's for both Citricos and Narcoosees for an anniversary dinner (just me and dh) and was leaning toward Narcoosees b/c the menu looked more appealing to me, but I don't want to necessarily go to a place that is just like red lobster. Anyone care to weigh in? I need to cancel one or the other...help!

Not at all. Red lobster is a chain and to me not good. I don't like most chains. Narcoosees is very good. You can't compare the two, they are in a different category of restaurants.

Oh but ciricos is much better for service and food, although narcoosees is very good. I think it's a better choice for an anniversary dinner if you want more of a romantic feel. But either would be a good choice.

No way! We love Narcoossee's and have been going for years. The food is wonderful. It is very fresh and delicious. We also have always had terrific service there as well. Narcoossee's and Flying Fish Cafe are our favorites!

The best thing I can say about the seafood at Red Lobster is their Cheddar Bay Biscuits are good.... :laughing:

Narcoossee's is superior in *every* way....

Nothing alike. You could buy everything on the menu at Red Lobster for the price of one entree at Narcoossees!! BUT, it is very good!

Anyone that lives on the coast and has access to good seafood will tell you that Red Lobster is the pits. ;) I wouldn't worry about Narcoossees.

Narcoossees has nothing in common with Red Lobster. Make the reservation and enjoy some fine seafood. :banana::cool1::banana:

Thank you for putting my mind at ease...I love seafood and am now very excited...as well as very amused at all of the comments:)

Narcoossees is so much better then Red Lobster, except I will say that their surf and turf, the lobster tail on that is kind of comparable to Red Lobster's, so if you want lobster, get the whole Maine one.

Hey... I like red lobster... Lol. I don't go for lobster tho, I like their crab Alfredo and cheddar biscuits altho I make them at home too we also have narcossee ADR for anniversary b/c. Dining cm suggested it can't wait!

Red Lobster is garbage

Narcoosee is way above average. It's one of the top 5 restaurants in WDW.

I've read on the boards someone saying Narcoossees was similar to a red lobster.

Someone really said that?!?! Hard to believe, as Narcoossee's is superior to Red Lobster in every way. I'd seriously question the judgment of anyone who compared the two and suggested they were similar.

Obviously you will always have someone who had a bad experience at a restaurant. But as you can see it is overwhelming that it is a good restaurant. One of my favorite and is a must do on every visit.

Someone really said that?!?! Hard to believe, as Narcoossee's is superior to Red Lobster in every way. I'd seriously question the judgment of anyone who compared the two and suggested they were similar.

I read stuff like this all the time. Le Cellier is apparently just like Outback Steakhouse, and the California Grill is just like Denny's, etc., etc. Some of these folks, I think, might truly be super-experienced foodies with offended palletes, but others are just posing.

Sure, Disney restaurants (and especially Disney hotels) are costlier than they would otherwise be and maybe a star or two off overrated in the grand scheme of things, but... come on.

Are you sure that the person who made the comparison doesn't work for Red Lobster? The title of this thread makes for the greatest advertisement imaginable for it!

As others have said, the two restaurants are nothing alike. Red Lobster is a marginal chain, while Narcoossee's is a high-end seafood restaurant. If you like seafood, you'll love Narcoossee's. Red Lobster will be the furthest thing from your mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter