Narcoossee... Dessert at the Bar?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jerseytinkerbell, Apr 24, 2013.

1. jerseytinkerbell

jerseytinkerbell DIS Veteran

For my upcoming trip in October I really want the almond crusted cheesecake at Narcoossee, but the rest of the menu doesn't thrill me right now. I have no intention of making a reservation there for dinner. Do any of you know if they will let you sit at the bar and order dessert? Or even get just a dessert to go? Any info would be appreciated! :goodvibes TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Last time I looked Narcoossee's did not have a bar. They do have seating at a counter where you can overlook the kitchen, but that has to be specially reserved.

4. jerseytinkerbell

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was special seating. Always just assumed that was a bar area. Never paid too much attention to that area I guess. Thanks very much for the info!

5. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

There is a bar area where you can sit, order drinks and get something to eat and in fact, I believe the bar is more sunken in and you actually sit on regular chairs instead of bar chairs. It's been a few years since we've been there but I remember commenting how cool the bar looked.

6. wiserabbit

wiserabbit Addicted to Pixe Dust

Yep - you can definitely sit at the bar (or a bar-top table) and just get dessert/coffee or whatever you fancy from the menu - I would just say that depending on the time of year/day of week, etc - you might want to get there earlier or after prime dinnner time (as late as possible) cause the night we went it got quite crowded and those seats are first come-first served...but you'll have a great time:thumbsup2

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

They do have a bar, with seating and its own menu. Sorry, I don't know if you can order desserts there.

8. jerseytinkerbell

Thank you all very much for your replies! Now I think we might stop by and give it a try and hope for the best. If for some reason we can't get the cheesecake, it certainly won't be the end of the world. I'm sure we can manage to find other great sweet treats in WDW. :thumbsup2