Nap time for DH

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by becfehr, Oct 20, 2012.

1. SLamott1973

SLamott1973 Mouseketeer

My husband my dad and I fell asleep during Muppets movie at Hollywood studios lol we've all seen it so we had a great nap!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

The rose garden at the UK pavilion at Epcot is my go to place to catch a nap.

4. mjohn9083

mjohn9083 Earning My Ears

I'm storing this tip in my little black book of Disney secrets just in case DH goes awol on me next trip. I think he thinks I'm obsessed with Disney, but really, who wants to nap when you're at the most magical place on Earth?!?

5. zephyrgirl13

zephyrgirl13 Earning My Ears

I accidently fell asleep during the backlot tour at HS. It was hot out and it was a very boring tour (IMO).

6. nickkweber

nickkweber Earning My Ears

Ellen's energy adventure is a great place for a nap. I also enjoy napping at Hall of Presidents and on the bus ride to and from the parks.

7. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Ellen ... 45 min of a/c. Also discoverd at Capt EO there is a large ledge before the preshow u could sit or lie down :) No one to bother u.

8. Cptjackandcrew

Cptjackandcrew Mouseketeer

I can sleep just about anywhere, but my favorite spots are:
    MK: Mickey's Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress (The rose garden between the castle and Tomorrowland is a good non-AC spot.)
    DHS: Muppet Show, The Little Mermaid
    EPCOT: Universe of Energy
    AK: Finding Nemo (You can take a seat almost 30 minutes early.) I've also been known to sleep during the Lion King despite bench seating.

9. godiva99

godiva99 Mouseketeer

Men are such babies! :rotfl2:
    This is what I'm most worried about, not my two little girls!

10. Stinkerbell1973

Stinkerbell1973 DIS Veteran

MK - if you are standing in front of PoC, to the left of the queue lines there are benches WAAAAY in the back (backs up to a character entrance, I believe). DH naps there frequently. It's nice and cool back there and very shady.
    Epcot - he discovered a bench just off the exit of Spaceship Earth (literally, you walk down the ramp, take a left just out of the turnstile thingee). He will nap while riding SE also.

I may have to share some of these others with him......

11. starjazz

starjazz DIS Veteran

The Universe of Energy is a 45 minute ride?!?!?!! :eek:

12. becfehr

becfehr DIS Veteran

These are GREAT tips!!! 28 DAYS and I'm beginning to freak! Lol

13. Heididisco

Heididisco Earning My Ears

Years ago, we went to MK with another couple. They were exhausted and snuck off to Tom Sawyer's Island to catch a few winks on a bench. When they woke up 15 minutes later, they were surrounded by a bunch of foreign tourists also taking naps on the benches. Hey, everybody needs a "laughing place" so why not a "napping place" as well?? They still do it every time they go back!

14. gem21

gem21 Mouseketeer

When we went, my dad fell asleep at the Art of Animation class at DHS... but my dad can literally fall asleep anywhere. (Once he fell asleep holding the newspaper in both hands, no joke, snoring and all)

15. mdinme

mdinme DIS Veteran

I have slept in many of the places mentioned and i have slept on stitch (dark in there) which hasnt been mentioned but i think the best might in fact be at rifikis in those sound rooms. Tough part is we tend to not go there now since the kids are a bit older and since AK is huge i end up sleeping in Nemo (dd with me) or on a bench while they all ride ee.

At MK i use COP, the movement is nice, but i need to try the highly recommended HOP which my kids have boycotted each time we go near it!

Happy Napping!

16. rebeccalb10

rebeccalb10 Mouseketeer

MK - outside Pecos Bill, River Boat, Jungle Cruise, new Dumbo ride in the "pre-boarding" area.

DHS - while waiting for Fantasmic.

If you have a baby/toddler . The baby care center work too.