Naked scanner trialled at Manchester T2

I'm up for anything if it means the security shuffle is more of a quickstep!!! ;)

I'm fine with it. Not having to faff around with taking off coats/belts/shoes should mean those nasty security lines get a bit better. The pictures themselves don't look that bad, it's not as if the faces are distinguishable. Besides, the article says that passengers can refuse the scan if they want, but then I'd definitely rather have the scan than a security officer's hands all over me!

Been on Sky news all morning, shows you what you can see. I would have no problem with it but anyone that has can still go the traditional way for the years trial.

Fine by me, if it makes flying safer Im all for it. Though when I read the thread title I did think we were all going to have to strip off in security which I wouldnt be so keen on !

I heard recently suicide bombers have started to actually hide the bombs inside their bodies would this show these up ?

Another good reason to stick to my diet then!! :blush:

Firstly any person looking at my image would need a sick bucket :rotfl2:
Secondly I would not want to go into a scanner knowing that someone could see me naked someone elsewhere in the airport.
Think i best phone gok wan before our next hols so he can show me how to look good naked :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wow! I like the idea of this, it would probably make me feel a lot safer on the flight because it clearly shows if anybody is hiding anything!

What about children though? Not sure about the idea of that because that article says you can see outlines of private parts so :confused3 Or would kids not be allowed through it?

If it means that these brainwashed idiots are stopped from causing problems with suicide bombs then so be it.

As far as I am concerned everyone will have to go through the scanners.

Anyone who thinks that these idiots only use adults for their bombs is living in a complete dream world.

The incident in Saudi Arabia a few weeks ago was 13 years old!!!

If it means that these brainwashed idiots are stopped from causing problems with suicide bombs then so be it.

As far as I am concerned everyone will have to go through the scanners.

Anyone who thinks that these idiots only use adults for their bombs is living in a complete dream world.

The incident in Saudi Arabia a few weeks ago was 13 years old!!!

Well, I didn't mean that children shouldn't be scanned. I mean, if I had a child that I personally would not feel comfortable with some man looking at naked outlines of my childrens genitals...

ETA - I just found this on the Sky News site, "The airport has now said that no under-18s will be allowed to use the device unless it can clarify the law on indecent images of children." So I guess kids won't be allowed through!

Hi

Surely these people will be CRB Checked?

If it means that it helps with everones safety then I would certainly let my two DD be scanned.

Well, I didn't mean that children shouldn't be scanned. I mean, if I had a child that I personally would not feel comfortable with some man looking at naked outlines of my childrens genitals...

ETA - I just found this on the Sky News site, "The airport has now said that no under-18s will be allowed to use the device unless it can clarify the law on indecent images of children." So I guess kids won't be allowed through!

I would be happy going through the scanner after spending an age at Sanford airport last week taking off bags, putting them back on, taking off coats, putting them back on etc with me being the only adult.

However I would not be happy that some stranger will see my children's naked profiles. I don't care if they are CRB checked, all that means is the paedophiles out there that have been CRB checked haven't done anything (yet) or they haven't been caught. It means nothing.

There are millions of monsters in the world that have not been caught yet and I would not allow my children's naked images to be seen by strangers. If this goes through my children will not be going on holiday again until they themselves can give their permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter