MYW Is An 18.9% Cost Increase!

A word from the Original Poster.....

Our Disney Vaction was Thanksgiving 2004...It was planned to experience the transformation into the Disney Christmas Season.....
It was a GREAT Vacation!!!
The Colllective Knowledge of the posters on this Board is Staggering!

We truly experienced "Magical Moments" @ The CP - @ MVMCP - @ Animal Kingdom After Dark - ETC. ETC...

But, the trip was titled "OLT" - which stood and stills stands for ONE LAST TIME - Subtitle - "While The Girls Are Still Girls....."

Since that trip we have experienced a Delta Queen Steamboat Comapny cruise with Mardi Gras in New Orleans. My Birthday was Fat Tuesday.
We are cruising to Alaska in a Balcony Cabin for our 20th Anniversary.
We will be visiting The Jersey Shore in August for 3 nights and then off to a 11 night/12 day Southern Caribbean Cruise in November.

POINT - I am out of the Loop on current Disney Prices and Deals!
I have seen TV adds stating that a family of four can vacation for a week for $1500???......But I have not pursued or investigated these adds...

I AN CONTENT TO REST ON MY DISNEY "LAURELS"...
I PLANNED AND EXECUTED 4 WDW TRIPS...I LIKE TO THINK THAT EACH WAS
MORE "MAGICAL" THAN THE LAST...(THANKS TO THIS BOARD...) HECK, THIS BOARD WAS NOT AROUND WHEN I PLANNED THE FIRST TRIP...
SO, I AM STARTING TO GET TEARY EYED HERE...BOTH MY WIFE AND I HAVE CHORES AROUND THE HOUSE TO DO, BUT I THINK I MAY JUST GO UPSTAIRS AND FIND THE VIDEO OF "DISNEY DONE RIGHT, 1997" (THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF WDW) TAKE HER BY THE HAND TO THE COUCH, POP SOME CORN, PUT MY ARM AROUND HER SHOULDER AND REMEMBER THE MAGIC!!!

OLT2004 said:
18.9% Price Increase!

I paid $1080(Total) for 4 Adult 5 Day Hoppers With 4 Pluses
Disney Quest is not an eligible Plus - I got 4 Pluses

You must now pay $1284 for almost the same ticket?

That is a Whooping 18.9 % Increase!!!
I'll take your word, I didn't check your math.

But if you were doing two five day vacations and bought one ten day non-expiring pass per person, you would be realizing a whopping 25% discount.

Eight 5 day (pre-2005) hopper plus'es: $2160.
Four 10 day non-expiring MYW tickets with plusses and hopping: $1612.

Q: If a (married) woman were President or Governor, how might you refer to her husband?
A: First Lord.

I have another way to look at this also. You can purchase the 7 or 10 day w/out the hopper option and still save money if you use two days at a time -- say you want to go to MK & Epcot in the same day -- it is cheaper to use two days instead of purchasing the hopper option....

ybcart7 said:
I have another way to look at this also. You can purchase the 7 or 10 day w/out the hopper option and still save money if you use two days at a time -- say you want to go to MK & Epcot in the same day -- it is cheaper to use two days instead of purchasing the hopper option....

Sounds good but it can't be done. :( Each pass can only be used once a day. If you used YOUR non-hopping pass in the morning at the MK, you will not be permitted to use it again at Epcot that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter