***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure somewhere in the past 131 pages, a question similar to this has been asked, but I'm going to be "that" girl, and ask again...

We are going 10/17-10/23, staying off-site. We purchased our tickets through Orbitz, and have a voucher to go and pick up tickets at a kiosk (thinking of trying to get them at DTD the afternoon before our first park day). So...will we get magic bands or a card? Will we get access to FP+ AND FP, or just one or the other (and which one)? I am nervous because we won't have tickets ahead of time to reserve anything, and I'm totally confused about what will be there and available to us. I know how to tour with paper FPs, totally clueless about how to use FP+ (but it sounds like there are some nice advantages, so I don't mind learning if it will be available to us).

I'm sure somewhere in the past 131 pages, a question similar to this has been asked, but I'm going to be "that" girl, and ask again...

We are going 10/17-10/23, staying off-site. We purchased our tickets through Orbitz, and have a voucher to go and pick up tickets at a kiosk (thinking of trying to get them at DTD the afternoon before our first park day). So...will we get magic bands or a card? Will we get access to FP+ AND FP, or just one or the other (and which one)? I am nervous because we won't have tickets ahead of time to reserve anything, and I'm totally confused about what will be there and available to us. I know how to tour with paper FPs, totally clueless about how to use FP+ (but it sounds like there are some nice advantages, so I don't mind learning if it will be available to us).

MagicBands and FP+ is for onsite guests only at this point in time.

Yep. Go to your account on MDE (I used the full site, not the phone app). On the right side, choose "Link Existing Reservations or Tickets". Then, choose "Ticket or Pass". Then, choose "Will Call Order" and it will walk you thru step by step from there with pictures of your eTicket for guidance on where the number is that you need to enter. =0)

Darn it! Here is the message I get:

Error: Tickets are already printed out or may have been shipped out. You may have to convert individual tickets to electronic entitlement.

I have printed them out, anyone know how to convert to electronic entitlement??? Or, should I just call Disney:crazy2: Or, is this impossible and I should stop wasting my time?:confused3

You can exchange your voucher for a card ticket at any ticket booth. You'll have access to regular FP. No Magicbands or FP+ yet.

Methinks FP+ for 4-7pm on party days will be hard to get. :)

It wasn't easy. ESP with BOG at 4:15. I was only trying to get Space Mt before the party but others came up for earlier and the 4-5 time frame. I just wanted one for my DS who is not thrilled about the BOG menu. I found the lines during the party last year pretty short so I am
Not worried about anything else;) but as for being hard to get... I just chose option 4(later times) and then used the edit feature. Not really hard at all

Going to POP at the start of December. I am too far out to get MagicBands but I am wondering if my MagicBand page looks like other people's before you can customize? It only shows "Link a Card". I heard from somewhere else that tickets appear here too, but my 4 tickets only appear under "My Reservations".

I went back in and deleted all FPs and I got reset times so perhaps the overlap time was the issue which stinks as it presets times...should give you all available and the if you select tell you there is a conflict like they do with ADRs.

However it still only showed half the options as it showed on my first MK day...so something was off...

Also HS isn't showing any of the shows as others reported.

I know this is a selfish question but I'm wondering (since I'm not getting any decent fastpass+ times or rides), what is the payoff to me for testing for Disney? I know for those who want to get mulitple E ticket fastpasses using old and new systems combined this is gold but for those of us bringing small children for our first trip not knowing if there are rides we will want to do more than once (or even once after they see it) what is the payoff for all of the extra planning? I have not been able to get fastpasses for parades, shows or fireworks and I think those are what would have been the most beneficial to us. Maybe I'm not wording that correctly but it's frustrating to newbies who are already stressing about what to do when. I thought it would be more helpful than it looks like it is.

I know this is a selfish question but I'm wondering (since I'm not getting any decent fastpass+ times or rides), what is the payoff to me for testing for Disney? I know for those who want to get mulitple E ticket fastpasses using old and new systems combined this is gold but for those of us bringing small children for our first trip not knowing if there are rides we will want to do more than once (or even once after they see it) what is the payoff for all of the extra planning? I have not been able to get fastpasses for parades, shows or fireworks and I think those are what would have been the most beneficial to us. Maybe I'm not wording that correctly but it's frustrating to newbies who are already stressing about what to do when. I thought it would be more helpful than it looks like it is.

Well there are for sure rides that all of you will want to do more than once so using both systems is a huge perk. It wouldn't be discussed if it was no big deal.

What are your dates of travel? I'm surprised there is nothing available in terms of special FPs for them.

MomofTwinPrincesses said:

When is your trip? Other have reported that the parade and fireworks don't show up until a couple of weeks before the date. I think this is because they often change park hours and add parades and fireworks at about 3 weeks out.

When is your trip? Other have reported that the parade and fireworks don't show up until a couple of weeks before the date. I think this is because they often change park hours and add parades and fireworks at about 3 weeks out.

Hopefully that is what will happen. We will be in the parks from September 22-28. I am able to get Wishes fastpass on the same night that we have the Tomorrowland Dessert Party but not on the other nights that we will be in Magic Kingdom (go figure). I don't know if my girls will like Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or other big rides. Maybe after our first day I can go in and modify to better suit the rides we think they will like.
I think I am just grumpy about not being able to get Fantasmic. I know it will be ok. WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

Hopefully that is what will happen. We will be in the parks from September 22-28. I am able to get Wishes fastpass on the same night that we have the Tomorrowland Dessert Party but not on the other nights that we will be in Magic Kingdom (go figure). I don't know if my girls will like Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or other big rides. Maybe after our first day I can go in and modify to better suit the rides we think they will like.
I think I am just grumpy about not being able to get Fantasmic. I know it will be ok. WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

I'm going the same dates! I really wanted a fp for wishes and illuminations. I got wishes but no illuminations, wishes was for a Sunday, I think due to lower than average crowd levels this time of year they may not want to rope off a section because it won't be that filled

(407) 939-7765

Is this the correct IT support phone number? Prompt 2 is tech.

I appreciate anyone's time in answering this question.:thumbsup2 A little frustrated here!:confused3

I'm going the same dates! I really wanted a fp for wishes and illuminations. I got wishes but no illuminations, wishes was for a Sunday, I think due to lower than average crowd levels this time of year they may not want to rope off a section because it won't be that filled

Wishes was offered to me on Monday and not Sunday. I don't know that there is a reason why different people are offered different things.

Wishes was offered to me on Monday and not Sunday. I don't know that there is a reason why different people are offered different things.

Maybe its full...

Maybe its full...

The other person said they could get Wishes for Sunday and not Monday (the opposite of me). I don't think that means it's full. There is some sort of randomization going on that Disney hasn't told everyone about. I will be ok with whatever we end up with as long as the new system doesn't make regular lines super long.

I have a reservation for wishes on Sunday and it shows up for Monday....
Are you trying to change an already existing fastpass or are you changing all of them, because it seems to show more options when you hit the change all

So the magic bands that I get for the first part of the stay "should" still be viable to use on the second portion of our stay?

At least for now, they probably won't be usable to get in to your room unless the second resort is also testing, but in those cases they seem to be sending a second set of MagicBands right now.

In general, you should be able to use your MagicBand for all future trips, at least until the battery expires (2-3 years - no idea on what the replacement plan will be or how you test that the battery is dead yet.)

On the party day, did you select 6 FP+ (3 from regular tickets, 3 from party) or does it still limit you to only 3 per day and that would mean you have to use those extra 3 on a different day.

Just 3. None for the party times unfortunately. No FP+ after 7 on party days. I and just going for the party, not a park day so I picked my times for btw 4-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter